Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,782 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

notobtuse wrote: »
    Yeah, it is surprising he has made it this far. I don't think he'll win but with the biased mainstream media's help he'll make a good run of it.

I'm not gone on him, but I think the US may be tiring of Trump

That said, there was a poll recently on how many Americans believed that Bill Gates wanted to use Covid19 to plant microchips in people, 28% of Americans believed this, rising to 44% for Republicans. The sheer level of stupid is so staggering in that country, anything is possible.

As for your "mainstream media" comment, Fox News is as bad as if not worse than most of them, the whole thing is a "my team vs your team" tribalistic ****show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,980 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Dohnjoe wrote: »

That said, there was a poll recently on how many Americans believed that Bill Gates wanted to use Covid19 to plant microchips in people, 28% of Americans believed this, rising to 44% for Republicans. The sheer level of stupid is so staggering in that country, anything is possible.

Should run that poll in Ireland. I'd wager the number believing this nonsense is no lower here.

Well, o.k.. that's not fair, but the number of times I hear about 'dodgy Bill Gates' here in the land of the culchie, I wonder just how bad the education here is in the ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yeah, it is surprising he has made it this far. I don't think he'll win but with the biased mainstream media's help he'll make a good run of it.
    Beating what's in front of you and getting the bulk of the candidates usually does that. I'd have said that Trump had that incumbent advantage up until something so small it can't be seen, scuppered that. Playing silly buggers with recent protests have reduced his attraction even more. A good African American woman VP candidate may see to that in the end. Then there are the upcoming books...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I'm not gone on him, but I think the US may be tiring of Trump

As for your "mainstream media" comment, Fox News is as bad as if not worse than most of them, the whole thing is a "my team vs your team" tribalistic ****show.
    Of course Fox News is as bad as some of the liberal media. But we're talking maybe three entities that mean anything against hundreds. FoxNews, Wall Street Journal, and NY Post versus CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, Washington Post, HuffPo, Slate, The Week, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, The New Yorker, Vox, RealClearPolitics opinions, The Atlantic, Los Angeles Times, NY Daily News, Politico, Bloomberg and many, many more.

And US politics has always been a my team versus your team type of thing.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,782 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Of course Fox News is as bad as some of the liberal media. But we're talking maybe three entities that mean anything against hundreds. FoxNews, Wall Street Journal, and NY Post versus CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, Washington Post, HuffPo, Slate, The Week, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, The New Yorker, Vox, RealClearPolitics opinions, The Atlantic, Los Angeles Times, NY Daily News, Politico, Bloomberg and many, many more.

And US politics has always been a my team versus your team type of thing.

I feel that candidates like Obama and Clinton excited people, Biden doesn't seem to do that. I think it's purely down to the Trump factor, he's so divisive in the US (outside the US he's incredibly unpopular, I don't think there's been a US president more loathed, I've seen single digit support figures)

Seems to be an "anyone but Trump race" more than anything.

• Advertisement

I feel that candidates like Obama and Clinton excited people, Biden doesn't seem to do that. I think it's purely down to the Trump factor, he's so divisive in the US (outside the US he's incredibly unpopular, I don't think there's been a US president more loathed, I've seen single digit support figures)

Seems to be an "anyone but Trump race" more than anything.
    Overall, I didn’t have a whole lot against Clinton. I actually think he did a remarkable job when the Republicans took control of Congress and Bill used his negotiating skills to still get things done. And yes, Bill did generate excitement as did Obama. There is no excitement with Biden... he's currently riding the “He’s Not Trump Train.” Biden's coronavirus lockdown boost is coming to an end. His campaign has been flailing, and he makes a point of sticking his foot in his mouth every time he gets in front of a camera. With Trump ready to go into full campaign mode Biden’s advantage from staying out of the spotlight and hunkered down in his basement bunker is soon over. Biden is going to be forced into campaign mode also. Unfortunately for him the general election campaign season will highlight Trump's strengths and Biden's weaknesses.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

So cops are now quitting in urban areas across the country as they’re being attacked, verbally abused and targeted for violence. Who can blame them? Thanks democrats, thanks Biden... Failures in leadership of epic proportions. I suspect the police that remain on the job in urban areas will start letting uncooperative criminals get away with their crimes rather than use force. Urban areas, mostly with democrat mayors and democrat governors will become social and economic cesspools. Their futures without an effective police force will start to look like what is going on in Seattle right now. Let these democrats reap the fruits of what they sowed, I say. And let the exodus of law abiding citizens begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So cops are now quitting in urban areas across the country as they’re being attacked, verbally abused and targeted for violence. Who can blame them? Thanks democrats, thanks Biden... Failures in leadership of epic proportions. I suspect the police that remain on the job in urban areas will start letting uncooperative criminals get away with their crimes rather than use force. Urban areas, mostly with democrat mayors and democrat governors will become social and economic cesspools. Their futures without an effective police force will start to look like what is going on in Seattle right now. Let these democrats reap the fruits of what they sowed, I say. And let the exodus of law abiding citizens begin.

Yeah clearly we have an epidemic of cops quitting the force... or it’s a handful of disgruntled cops that are part of the problem:

Minneapolis: 7 officers, with as many as 6 (ghasp) planning to

Atlanta: 8. Up there with the number they’ve suspended or fired for being cowboys

South Florida: 10 from SWAT duty only

Buffalo: 57 from ERT only in response to the 2 involved in brutalizing a 75-year old Antifa terrorist mastermind hacker

So as many as 15 actual resignations and 6 TBD from police around the country. Clearly this is the fault of Democrats and Joe Biden and America is shaken to its very core :rolleyes:

17,000+ departments and about 690,000 officers in the country they will surely be missed with their absence crippling national security and public safety

Nobody is fooled: these people are all likely Derek Chauvins who see the writing on the wall.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/us/us-police-officers-resigning/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,157 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

remind me again who the President is?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Polls not looking great for Trumper right now, his numbers are down across all demographics. John Boltons book no doubt will show an Oval Office in chaos too.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Yeah clearly we have an epidemic of cops quitting the force... or it’s a handful of disgruntled cops that are part of the problem:

They have no budget to pay the LAPD the huge overtime they have been running up due to the protests. That might lead to issues.

Joe Biden is 77. Let that sink in. Ten years older than the proposed new retirement age here.

The best candidate that the Dems could find to take on Trump, a 74 year old white man, is a 77 year old white man.

Can you imagine Biden giving a rousing speech - or any sort of coherent speech whatsoever?

People say Trump has dementia and slurs his words but he kills it during his rallies. Biden just can't do that.

Look at this Trump speech from last October about Hunter Biden, this is classic Trump, you might not agree with anything he says, but you have to admit, it is a great speech.

I tried to find a similar clip for Biden, but there are either just opinion videos or long 20 minute plus full speeches that would send you to sleep.

Obama had this ability in spades. The Dems need someone like him to beat Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

They should've went with Buttigieg

Andrew Yang

Tulsi Gabbard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Voters had a choice and overwhelming picked Biden over Gabbard, Yang so I do see the point of this post.

Harris, Sanders, Warren are probably the three best US politicians right now for delivering passionate speeches and certainly the best debaters in the country far ahead of Trump yet Biden swept them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,980 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Trump's great speech about Hunter Biden - and why is he obsessed with him - is a bunch of off-cuff remarks with Trump twisting like he's got hemorrhoids. Swivel, squint, swivel, squint.

Anyone thinking "Trump" and "Great Speech" can go together, needs to learn what speeches are about. Try sitting through the West Point speech, a gimme event if there ever was one, and he sleepwalks through it from a teleprompter.

Trump and Great Speech.... hilarious.

It is not shocking Biden is currently leading in the targeted and unrepresentative polls, and my guess is the margin should be cut in half. Even with that said the fact remains Biden is currently the majority favorite. By no surprise the media is blaming Trump for the left-wing rioters, the looters and the arsonists who have destroyed urban areas with their democrat mayors and democrat governors turning a blind eye, instead of the true villains. Too many people are currently buying the biased media koolaid claptrap, and the liberal editors are probably giving themselves high-fives as we speak saying "can you believe how gullible our readers are." Biden, the DNC and democrat mayors and governors are outlawing funerals and kids playgrounds, and supporting mass protests that often turn violent. But the coronavirus is starting to dwindle down and the economy is coming back. Americans will soon wake up to reality and realize Trump is for America and Biden is against America. Republicans favor supporting police and democrats favor defunding the police. People will realize they would rather live in MAGA country than Chicago or CHAD. And they’ll make their true feelings known at the polls giving Trump another win and the media and their pollsters egg on their faces once again.

They have no budget to pay the LAPD the huge overtime they have been running up due to the protests. That might lead to issues.

Don’t see reports of LAPD resigning?

Joe Biden is 77. [...]

An entire post summed as “Joe is 3 years older than Trump and in better health”

remind me again who the President is?
    Trump is but Trump's not king. And it doesn't detract from the fact that Biden and the DNC are failing at leadership.

• Advertisement

Trump is but Trump's not king. And it doesn't detract from the fact that Biden and the DNC are failing at leadership.

But Trump is the leader?

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/398887965302091776?s=21

Plus Joe is polling a -lot- higher so most people don’t seem to think he’s failing

trump is the president. he is in charge. Biden has no political position or authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Mena Mitty wrote:
    .....and todays programme was brought to you by the letters K.M. and A.

The best candidate that the Dems could find to take on Trump, a 74 year old white man, is a 77 year old white man.

Why do you emphasize gender and specifically colour? The previous incumbent served 2 terms and was an African American male.... so what's your point? The caucasian population make up the majority of citizens in the US...so again, what is your true point (e.g. race baiting?)

trump is the president. he is in charge. Biden has no political position or authority.
    They do have influence and authority. And their mayors and governors are supposed to protect their citizens and property. They could come out on the part of law and order instead of supporting and ignoring those who are tearing the country apart.

They do have influence and authority. And their mayors and governors are supposed to protect their citizens and property. They could come out on the part of law and order instead of supporting and ignoring those who are tearing the country apart.

But Trump is the President. Biden is a private citizen and former Vice President. Surely it would be up to Trump if he was an effectual leader to inspire those mayors and governors to be on the same page as he? But Trump has completely lost touch of the situation, he’s lost the confidence of the pentagon and most of the governors, good luck with the mayors past that. All of his own doing.

the only person tearing the country apart is trump. he did everything he could to pour fuel on the fire. he hid in his bunker. he teargassed peaceful protestors to get a photo op. thankfully it has backfired massively and the american public have started to recognise what he is.

the only person tearing the country apart is trump. he did everything he could to pour fuel on the fire. he hid in his bunker. he teargassed peaceful protestors to get a photo op. thankfully it has backfired massively and the american public have started to recognise what he is.

Before all that he was pitting the states and governors against each other (-United- States be damned) making them fight one another for PPE and ventilators, having the federal government actually seize deliveries and supplies too. It was a fcuked up mess.

From my observations many people don’t see it that way. Incidental I know, but every day on my commute I see more and more Trump signs appearing in people’s yards. I have yet to see a single Biden sign.

From my observations many people don’t see it that way. Incidental I know, but every day on my commute I see more and more Trump signs appearing in people’s yards. I have yet to see a single Biden sign.

Compared to 2016 I see far far fewer trump signs across South Carolina as a whole

• Advertisement

the polls say otherwise

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement