Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

alastair wrote: »
    No it doesn’t. It’s far lower. You’re attempting to pass off a one-time aberration as the new norm. You’re being disingenuous. This isn’t rocket science. You know what you’re doing, and you know what I’m pointing out.

Yes it did. Your own article proved it.

I like that that’s your take away from my initial post…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Guys, this guy is really smart ok. He must have taken like a night class or something! :eek:
    Thanks for noticing. And yes, I have taken a night class... many, in fact. They allowed me to achieve a Associates in Arts degree, then a Bachelor in Arts degree and finally a Masters degree... all while working full time and raising a family.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

mad muffin wrote: »
    Yes it did. Your own article proved it.

I like that that’s your take away from my initial post…

It did no such thing. Have a look at the actual rates compared in the article. New York’s rate is more than twice that of London’s. Like I said - disingenuous.

It did no such thing. Have a look at the actual rates compared in the article. New York’s rate is more than twice that of London’s. Like I said - disingenuous.

What are you trying to prove with this pedantic argument?

The fact is what I stated was true. Even if it was higher for a second it was still a true statement of fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The fact is what I stated was true. Even if it was higher for a second it was still a true statement of fact.

It's an anomaly rather than statistically significant... So it's more you pushing a pretty hysterical viewpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

This is hilarious. Posters who constantly tell us we should be fearful of Muslims and refugees are outraged by someone else saying something similar.

No it wasn’t. No it wouldn’t. Stop digging.

batgoat wrote: »
    It's an anomaly rather than statistically significant... So it's more you pushing a pretty hysterical viewpoint.

I’m not pushing any view point. They are. Did you even read my initial post? They took a small part of it and turned it into some pedantic debate...

No it wasn’t. No it wouldn’t. Stop digging.

I’m still not understanding your pedantic rants...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yes, comparing laws that infringe upon our constitutional rights is the same as immigration laws :rolleyes:

although, if we had a wall manned by military personnel and high caliber weapons we might not need those immigration laws

What is the alt right fascination with wasting the military defending a fence? Does it just give you a hate boner hoping they’ll gun down women and children?

• Advertisement

notobtuse wrote: »
    Thanks for noticing. And yes, I have taken a night class... many, in fact. They allowed me to achieve a Associates in Arts degree, then a Bachelor in Arts degree and finally a Masters degree... all while working full time and raising a family.

ROFLMAO

Arts!

That explains all your free time.

Overheal wrote: »
    ROFLMAO

Arts!

That explains all your free time.
    I take it you're rather young and don't much understand higher degrees. They were in business administration, accounting, and finance & marketing.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

What is the alt right fascination with wasting the military defending a fence? Does it just give you a hate boner hoping they’ll gun down women and children?

wasting? how is it wasting when there are hundreds of miles of open land people can just walk across?
    a menacing wall manned with the military is enough of a deterrent to stop people from crossing, well at least those that aren't mentally deranged

notobtuse wrote: »
    I take it you're rather young and don't much understand higher degrees. They were in business administration, accounting, and finance & marketing.

No as a Mechanical Engineer I’m more than familiar thanks :rolleyes:

wasting? how is it wasting when there are hundreds of miles of open land people can just walk across?
    a menacing wall manned with the military is enough of a deterrent to stop people from crossing, well at least those that aren't mentally deranged

What’s the deterrent? That for every inch of border someone will be there to greet their request for asylum? Explain that one to me. What is the deterrent? We have laws.

No as a Mechanical Engineer I’m more than familiar thanks :rolleyes:

Whatever, kid.

No no go on tell us how your arts degree gives you intellectual superiority over others in this thread. I’m dying to know.

What’s the deterrent? That for every inch of border someone will be there to greet their request for asylum? Explain that one to me. What is the deterrent? We have laws.

wow, cant believe i have to dumb this down so much

the deterrent is to illegal crossings
    if someone wants to claim asylum they can do so thru the legal route at the embassy in their country.
    if they dont have an embassy they can do so at an approved crossing point

No no go on tell us how your arts degree gives you intellectual superiority over others in this thread. I’m dying to know.

You know I get it now.

Mod of conspiracy theory’s and ranting and raving.

if someone wants to claim asylum they can do so thru the legal route at the embassy in their country.

So you have no idea how asylum laws work. Got it.

Follow up question did everyone in the alt right all get this idea that asylum can be applied for at an embassy from the same erroneous source or what? Because it’s boggling how often they spout the talking point as if it holds any truth in reality.

• Advertisement

You know I get it now.

Mod of conspiracy theory’s and ranting and raving.

A cantankerous smartass that drags tinfoil armchair experts back to school, yes hello.

Follow up question did everyone in the alt right all get this idea that asylum can be applied for at an embassy from the same erroneous source or what? Because it’s boggling how often they spout the talking point as if it holds any truth in reality.

Do you know how asylum laws work? I don’t think you do…

Do you know how asylum laws work? I don’t think you do…

Well, I stand by my post. So you’re free to think that.

I’m still not understanding your pedantic rants...

Of course you’re not. Again; disingenuous.

Of course you’re not. Again; disingenuous.

It would be a bigger waste than Trump’s wall.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/10/683662691/where-does-illegal-immigration-mostly-occur-heres-what-the-data-tell-us

Yeah. You’ve been proven wrong. But feel free to ignore the inconvenient facts.

Yeah. You’ve been proven wrong. But feel free to ignore the inconvenient facts.

Fine…

You cannot seek asylum at a US embassy abroad. The US is a signatory to the 1951 Convention on the status of refugees, which bans penalizing asylum seekers for illegal entry for the purpose of seeking asylum. The US has a legal obligation to consider asylum claims, regardless of how the claimant got into the country.

• Advertisement

wow, your ignorance is astonishing

This guy is trolling us without a doubt

Advertisement