Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options
  • 25-07-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

In a bizarre statement Ilhan Omar claims Americans should be more fearful of white men. These comment are totally incorrect seeming as the homicide rate committed by black men is soaring. Its frightening to see people gobble up her garbage.
    I firmly believe she could play a major factor in getting Trump re-elected due to her radical views.

https://twitter.com/mollyfprince/status/1154039284950716419

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,693 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

You’ll have to speak up, I’m wearing a turban.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

It's almost as if she's campaigning for Trump's re-election, or for whatever alternative the Republicans run if he doesn't make it that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If that’s not inciting hatred I don’t know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

That quote is from a year ago so you'd have to wonder what prompted it to resurface now.

The context of it was the threat to Americans from terrorism, so she was probably factually correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

splashuum wrote: »
    In a bizarre statement Ilhan Omar claims Americans should be more fearful of white men. These comment are totally incorrect seeming as the homicide rate committed by black men is soaring. Its frightening to see people gobble up her garbage.
    I firmly believe she could play a major factor in getting Trump re-elected due to her radical views.

How many of the mass shootings such as in schools, churches, concets were carried out by black people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

It's racism plain and simple and should be treated with as much contempt as we're it any other race being tarred.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

elfy4eva wrote: »
    It's racism plain and simple and should be treated with as much contempt as we're it any other race being tarred.
    Yeah it is. You can't argue that islamaphobia is wrong by tarnishing another group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

How many of the mass shootings such as in schools, churches, concets were carried out by black people?

Are mass shootings the only thing that makes up murder statistics now?

Everyone knows that mass shootings and serial killings are predominantly white crimes but they still don't come anywhere close to the amount of murders carried out by minorities in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

The majority of shootings in the states are carried out by black people. The death toll of church related attacks worldwide are also committed by black people. I’m only aware of one concert* attack, that of which was not carried out by a white male.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

lawlolawl wrote: »

Are mass shootings the only thing that makes up murder statistics now?

Everyone knows that mass shootings and serial killings are predominantly white crimes but they still don't come anywhere close to the amount of murders carried out by minorities in the States.
    You are using the same arguement. No one group should be tarnished or blamed.

• Advertisement

You are using the same arguement. No one group should be tarnished or blamed.

He was just responding to a question

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I found the culprit

latest?cb=20171226070805

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think some of you should lay off Twitter. Also what this with constant desire to feel prosecuted. I don't think image of man who suffers quietly and stoically was healthy but this new version of whingers are pretty disappointing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Americans should be more fearful of white men.

Now the OP has claimed it too. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Just more of the same from this racist witch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Yeah it is. You can't argue that islamaphobia is wrong by tarnishing another group

It's not a phobia if a large section of them want you dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

It's not a phobia if a large section of them want you dead.

A large section of the 1.8 billion? Really hope you have the figures to back that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The context is fear of terrorism in the USA. She’s entirely right that the main threat comes not from Islamist groups, but white suprematist groups.

https://www.theatlas.com/charts/rkN8tZz8m

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

She doesn't seem to get the majority of the voting population is white.

I am not saying she is wrong or right. But I am saying that was a really awkward stumbling interview by someone who really has no clue what her brief is and is really not sharing a party platform that is even if the Dems even have one at this stage.

Of course she is helping Trump. I wouldn't be surprised if the right help place her there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

It's like she's trying to get shot and martyred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Just more crap from the nut job squad

Keep it coming, makes 2020 a sure thing for Trump!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

She doesn't seem to get the majority of the voting population is white.

I am not saying she is wrong or right. But I am saying that was a really awkward stumbling interview by someone who really has no clue what her brief is and is really not sharing a party platform that is even if the Dems even have one at this stage.

Of course she is helping Trump. I wouldn't be surprised if the right help place her there.

The interview is a year old. She was successfully elected to a Congress after the interview. She’s demonstrably in touch with her electorate. She’s a member of the Progressive Caucus, which represents one strand of the Democratic platform. Do you really believe that either Democrat or Republican Party platforms are anywhere near ubiquitous across their membership? Keep in mind that Trump essentially ditched the entire Republican platform for an off-the-cuff populism that’s got precious little to do with the party mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

People like Kamala Harris are the real threat to America. Politicians that will spin anything for votes.

Say whatever you like about trump. At least he is doing something for his citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Luxxis

Technical they should fear heart disease, which will kill 1 in 6 Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://twitter.com/AkyolinEnglish/status/1154470864332709890

Most people are retracting their criticism of Omar after seeing the full unedited clip of the interview.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Penn wrote: »
    Most people are retracting their criticism of Omar after seeing the full unedited clip of the interview.

Unfortunately, much of modern discourse simply consists of outrage peddling with this thread being a prime example.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I agree with her 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Unfortunately, much of modern discourse simply consists of outrage peddling with this thread being a prime example.

Honestly the level of discourse on this forum (which I didn't know existed before recently) makes me fear for the level of education in Ireland and worry about humanity in general.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Honestly the level of discourse on this forum (which I didn't know existed before recently) makes me fear for the level of education in Ireland and worry about humanity in general.

Agreed. Certain posters would just type the same drivel over and over again looking for thanks and outrage. Now they're just dumping links from dodgy far right news outlets in the US.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Looking forward to the OP's next thread on a US congresswoman/women

Advertisement