Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

mad muffin wrote: »

What do you make of it? What are we supposed to think exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Phoebas wrote: »
    That quote is from a year ago so you'd have to wonder what prompted it to resurface now.

The context of it was the threat to Americans from terrorism, so she was probably factually correct.

It was a stupid, pointless comment.

And, of course, it had to be white "men", not white people. You can't play a game of tiddly winks these days without some amazon dragging in the gender war.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

1, two lunatics who never did acts of terrorism,

2, no perp, so could just as easily have been shot and killed by a white supremacist in a blue SUV. Whats your point of it? Or are you just victim blaming I don't get your angle

Seriously what do you make of that? I watched it and the only thing I make out of it is that ISIS is bad and the Chicago is violent. No surprises there. Your posts seem to expect us to read your mind because you don't link content to the videos or articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Overheal wrote: »
    1, two lunatics who never did acts of terrorism,

2, no perp, so could just as easily have been shot and killed by a white supremacist in a blue SUV. Whats your point of it? Or are you just victim blaming I don't get your angle

White supremacists lol.
    steddyeddy wrote: »
    Seriously what do you make of that? I watched it and the only thing I make out of it is that ISIS is bad and the Chicago is violent. No surprises there. Your posts seem to expect us to read your mind because you don't link content to the videos or articles.

If you watched the full unedited interview with Omar. The interviewer asks her about the 20 Somalis that left minnesota to fight for isis. The two in the news report got caught before they had a chance. You heard for yourself what they wanted to do.

• Advertisement

What do you make of it? What are we supposed to think exactly?

I was asking the poster I quoted because I found their post perplexing.

I was asking the poster I quoted because I found their post perplexing.

Well you just dumped a video without context. What do you make of it?

Well you just dumped a video without context. What do you make of it?

I didn’t dump anything. I quoted a poster and asked them. Because it looked like they had a lot to say.

You know what I make of it. I’ve been saying it all along in this thread.

I didn’t dump anything. I quoted a poster and asked them. Because it looked like they had a lot to say.

I've been following it and don't have a clue. What's your opinion on the video?

I've been following it and don't have a clue. What's your opinion on the video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Refugees: Asylum for Those Located Outside the U.S.
    If you are a refugee, you may contact the American embassy for assistance in submitting an application for resettlement to the United States. They will assist you in completing your application and gathering your supporting documentation. They can also help arrange loans to pay for any relocation expenses. Once your application is approved and you enter the U.S., you are authorized to work. Within one year of your entry, you are required to apply for permanent residency status, or a green card. Filing your application as quickly as possible with the American embassy is important because caps or quotas are generally set each year for the number of persons admitted as refugees.

Sounds like the road to asylum to me

Again:
    The United States does not grant asylum in its diplomatic premises abroad. Under U.S. law, the United States grants asylum only to aliens who are physically present in the United States.

https://it.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/rome/sections-offices/dhs/uscis/refugeesasylum/

feargale wrote: »
    It was a stupid, pointless comment.

And, of course, it had to be white "men", not white people. You can't play a game of tiddly winks these days without some amazon dragging in the gender war.

They’re all, with three exceptions out of 113 incidents, men who go on mass shootings in the States. The same dynamic for van attacks, bombs, and airplane hijackings.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

alastair wrote: »
    Again:

Maybe you need to learn the difference between assist and grant.

Maybe you need to learn the difference between assist and grant.

Maybe you need to learn the difference between refugees and asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

alastair wrote: »
    Maybe you need to learn the difference between refugees and asylum seekers.

Read it wrong. You got me. :o

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

alastair and sweetemotion

Cut out all this tit for tat crap or don't post in the thread again

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this warning in-thread

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

I see we're still doing this set-to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

So it turns out Reagan was a racist aswell

Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Whiteness.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kikilarue2

Whiteness.png

The number of articles mentioning literally anything likely rose dramatically between the late 90s and now.

Pick any random topic and do the same graph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

kikilarue2 wrote: »
    The number of articles mentioning literally anything likely rose dramatically between the late 90s and now.

Pick any random topic and do the same graph.
    possibly. but i think race is certainly a more important topic to the media now than it was 20-30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

When a 6 year old boy gets shot dead attending a fcuking garlic festival by a white nationalist teenage cretin, that is worse than any Islamic terrorist has ever inflicted on the US. FACT FACT FACT!!!!!

OP owes elected Congresswoman Illhan Omar an apology for her "bizarre" statement.

Will OP apologise? Of course not, another spineless, lying twat.

The shooter "Santino William Legan" was Iranian/Italian and wanted to pave way for Latino's. Can you explain how he was a white nationalist?

• Site Banned Posts: 297 ✭✭NKante

Billy Mays wrote: »
    So it turns out Reagan was a racist aswell

Sad

Said something bad 50 years ago. 50 years ago the N-word was regularly used as a colour reference to every day items like clothing. Things change.

A few years earlier the party of slaves and the KKK, Democrats, had Jim Crow laws.

I know who I'd rather support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

NKante wrote: »
    Said something bad 50 years ago. 50 years ago the N-word was regularly used as a colour reference to every day items like clothing. Things change.

A few years earlier the party of slaves and the KKK, Democrats, had Jim Crow laws.

I know who I'd rather support.

Do you have to support any of the racists :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

After watching the democrat primary debates the last two evenings it seems apparent ‘The Squad’ are now the defacto leaders of the democratic party, regardless of what Nancy Pelosi claims. The subjects deemed important by The Squad were front and center at the debates.

After watching the debate a song, with appropriate lyrics to the horrorshow, kept running through my head

They're coming to take me away, ho, ho, hee, hee,
    To the economic funny farm where life is beautiful and everything is free…
    And I'll be happy to denounce all nice young men with their privileged white faces

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Do you know how asylum laws work? I don’t think you do…
    *raises hand*

I'm a lawyer, I do: Overheal is right and you're wrong.

*raises hand*

Pray tell oh wise and learned lawyer…

*raises hand*

Overruled!

Although a US embassy or consulate cannot process applications for asylum or refugee status, they may be able to offer other forms of protection. In extreme or exceptional circumstances, US embassies and consulates may offer alternative forms of protection, including (in most countries) temporary refuge, a referral to the US Refugee Admissions Program, or a request for parole to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security..

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    After watching the democrat primary debates the last two evenings it seems apparent ‘The Squad’ are now the defacto leaders of the democratic party, regardless of what Nancy Pelosi claims. The subjects deemed important by The Squad were front and center at the debates.

After watching the debate a song, with appropriate lyrics to the horrorshow, kept running through my head

They're coming to take me away, ho, ho, hee, hee,
    To the economic funny farm where life is beautiful and everything is free…
    And I'll be happy to denounce all nice young men with their privileged white faces

It was all about the racisms.

Environmental racism!
    Healthcare racism!
    Economic racism!
    Criminal justice racism! (That one really made me laugh)

Without any coherent plan. Just everything is free!!!!

Rather than listen to those loonatics we’d do well to listen to what Bob Woodson and Ben Carson have to say. Much more enlightening.

https://youtu.be/v8ORMTakqok

Ben Carson speaking in Baltimore actually has plans to make citizens more self sufficient. More able to advance with the correct help. $16 Billion this year alone in Baltimore gone poof.

https://youtu.be/y6k9GT64-l0

• Advertisement

It was all about the racisms.

Environmental racism!
    Healthcare racism!
    Economic racism!
    Criminal justice racism! (That one really made me laugh)

Without any coherent plan. Just everything is free!!!!

Rather than listen to those loonatics we’d do well to listen to what Bob Woodson and Ben Carson have to say. Much more enlightening.

https://youtu.be/v8ORMTakqok

Ben Carson speaking in Baltimore actually has plans

https://youtu.be/y6k9GT64-l0
    I was sad Marianne Williamson ran out of time before she could tell us how the magic properties of crystals would be the main focus of her health care reform initiative.

Advertisement