Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    I see Congresswoman Ilhan Omar just married her political consultant (whom she has been paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to out of her campaign funds) that she has been denying in public to having an affair with while they both were married to others. I guess this still classifies as a step up for the Congresswoman from being married to her own brother. How is this woman still in Congress?

(And for those who demand proof, Proof, PROOF... just go to Omar's Instagram account and see for yourselves.)

So what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Bowie wrote: »
    So what?
    It’s kind of important here as this Congresswoman is considered a key member to the future generation of the democrat party. I think it is important voters know her hatred of some groups of people and how she disregards and doesn’t believe our laws should apply to her. She belongs in jail for her immigration crimes.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

It’s kind of important here as this Congresswoman is considered a key member to the future generation of the democrat party. I think it is important voters know her hatred of some groups of people and how she disregards and doesn’t believe our laws should apply to her. She belongs in jail for her immigration crimes.

*may not contain any immigration crimes.

You seem to be looking to hold the Democrats to a much higher standard than we expect from the Republicans. I'm afraid that trick has left you lads. The bar is very low, the lowest ever, people remark on how low it is, I think someone said we broke records, I don't know, very low....

You seem to be looking to hold the Democrats to a much higher standard than we expect from the Republicans. I'm afraid that trick has left you lads. The bar is very low, the lowest ever, people remark on how low it is, I think someone said we broke records, I don't know, very low....
    Nope, it's the other way around. Look at what the FBI DID to all those folks associated with Trump and look at what the FBI DIDN'T do to Hillary Clinton, her associates, and Obama government government holdovers and their numerous abuses of law and power. All we (Republicans) want is equal justice under the law.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    *may not contain any immigration crimes.
    Marrying your own brother is to circumvent immigration laws is a crime. Committing marriage fraud, a felony offense punishable with a prison sentence up to five years and a fin of up to $250,000 doesn't apply to just republicans, you know.

Marrying your own brother is to circumvent immigration laws is a crime. Committing marriage fraud, a felony offense punishable with a prison sentence up to five years and a fin of up to $250,000 doesn't apply to just republicans, you know.

And yet there’s no evidence ever been produced to support such claims. Carry on.

Nope, it's the other way around. Look at what the FBI DID to all those folks associated with Trump and look at what the FBI DIDN'T do to Hillary Clinton, her associates, and Obama government government holdovers and their numerous abuses of law and power. All we (Republicans) want is equal justice under the law.

The secret is to not commit the crimes.

The secret is to not commit the crimes.
    True, but democrats just can't seem to help themselves. They feel they are immune from our laws.

And yet there’s no evidence ever been produced to support such claims. Carry on.
    There's plenty of evidence. Democrats and the majority of the media just choose to ignore it.

• Advertisement

Like losing Clinton the election, (IMO)? The FBI coming out about those emails in the run up finished her. Anyway, if I may borrow from the Republican rhetoric...Hilary lost, get over it.
    Not true. That's a stone cold lie.

Like losing Clinton the election, (IMO)? The FBI coming out about those emails in the run up finished her. Anyway, if I may borrow from the Republican rhetoric...Hilary lost, get over it.
    Not true. That's a stone cold lie.
    That's not what caused her to lose the election. The biggest reasons for her losing was her believing she had three key battleground states in her pocket and pretty much ignored them in her campaigning efforts and ad buys, and her ignoring the middle class. I live in one of those states. In 20 years of voting at my location, at the 2016 election, I had never seen such a large turnout at my polling place... and the majority of all those extra people were voting for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,845 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You're still obsessed with a house representative? Sheesh

That's not what caused her to lose the election. The biggest reasons for her losing was her believing she had three key battleground states in her pocket and pretty much ignored them in her campaigning efforts and ad buys, and her ignoring the middle class. I live in one of those states. In 20 years of voting at my location, at the 2016 election, I had never seen such a large turnout at my polling place... and the majority of all those extra people were voting for Trump.

Yet more voted for Hilary. Do you think the FBI/Comey coming out with that release about her emails helped or hindered her?
    Also Ivanka was at the same thing. I'd say she should step down only for she's not been elected. Trump and the Reps have made a mockery of your country.

Yet more voted for Hilary. Do you think the FBI/Comey coming out with that release about her emails helped or hindered her?
    Also Ivanka was at the same thing. I'd say she should step down only for she's not been elected. Trump and the Reps have made a mockery of your country.
    Comey's butt-covering email announcement had little effect. It is just one of the 28 or so reasons Hillary claims caused her to lose the election. By that point the three key states that gave the win to Trump had already made up their minds because Hillary had long ignored their states and the working middle class. I know because I live in one of those three key states.

Advertisement