Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British version of Trump becomes PM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

My search results are:
    The Telegraph
    The Sun
    The Express
    Conservapedia
    The Spectator.

All these are arguably right wing sources. So what's it to be?
    You can't dismiss a source because they're left leaning, and justify yourself using one which is right leaning.

• Site Banned Posts: 297 ✭✭NKante

Sky News i find is Neutral.

Sophy Ridge on Sunday is an excellent watch and not afraid to ask either side difficult questions.

With regards Channel 4 news, i actually find them slightly more centrist right. I have seen Corbyn and Jon Snow get in to some ding dongs in the past, although i am talking specifically about C4news and not any other programmes it airs.

Actually dispatches usually swings a bit to the left

Are you mental?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

Leo finally got his call today. Thanks for the heads up Leo, apparently Boris said there will no be negotiations until the backstop is removed and the UK are leaving on the 31st end of story. If negotiations are to be held it will be after the backstop is removed all together.

I'm so glad we have a leader like Leo to clear things up for us, up until today I was so confused as to what the UK were going to do under Boris's leadership.

On a side note, how are those Irish bonds working out for us Leo?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Leo finally got his call today. Thanks for the heads up Leo, apparently Boris said there will no be negotiations until the backstop is removed and the UK are leaving on the 31st end of story. If negotiations are to be held it will be after the backstop is removed all together.

I'm so glad we have a leader like Leo to clear things up for us, up until today I was so confused as to what the UK were going to do under Boris's leadership.

On a side note, how are those Irish bonds working out for us Leo?

Bonds are working out fine. Excellent, in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Thats fair enough, hard brexit it is so.

• Advertisement

Bonds are working out fine. Excellent, in fact.

Yes so much market confidence around at the moment, on the back of Leo's call we suffered our largest single day slump in almost 8 months down 2.2%.
    Instead of trying to burn our closest neighbour and trading partner why don't we step up and try and protect our own interest instead of being German puppets.

Yes so much market confidence around at the moment, on the back of Leo's call we suffered our largest single day slump in almost 8 months down 2.2%.
    Instead of trying to burn our closest neighbour and trading partner why don't we step up and try and protect our own interest instead of being German puppets.

Compared to today, let me know how the bonds were doing six months ago, July 2018, July 2014, July 2009. In your own time.

Compared to today, let me know how the bonds were doing six months ago, July 2018, July 2014, July 2009. In your own time.

I'm more interested in our future than our past. We are going to be sold down the river by Germany and no one can see it coming.

I'm more interested in our future than our past. We are going to be sold down the river by Germany and no one can see it coming.

I'll answer my own question. Our 10 year bond yield today was 0.183. July 2018: 0.904. July 2014: 2.22. July 2009: 4.96. Bonds are doing fine, contrary to what you claimed.

I'll answer my own question. Our 10 year bond yield today was 0.183. July 2018: 0.904. July 2014: 2.22. July 2009: 4.96. Bonds are doing fine, contrary to what you claimed.

Well thought out and explained. Now care to explain today's market crash also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

How would that look?

A man who many describe as of low IQ is at the helm of the UK and carrying out a plan that every serious economist says will damage the UK beyond recognition. It's simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Not really sure what the point is. There has always been recessions and there always will be. It’s a natural cycle not unique to the EU. There’s nothing genius about it.

The problems in the Eurozone are more than normal economic cycles.

Normal in post 90s Japan, maybe.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    A man who many describe as of low IQ is at the helm of the UK and carrying out a plan that every serious economist says will damage the UK beyond recognition. It's simple.

I suppose it depends on what you read and who you believe. Ireland will be the big loser in this equation, to believe anything else if crazy.
    The UK will be fine, it was before the EU and will be again after exiting. Us on the other hand have very short memories. Who was one of the first countries to bail us out last time?

Thanks you. What crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

That is actually very serious.

It is more serious than if they went the other way in time.

Nice that we can borrow cheap to handle the massive debt we were loaded with but the problem is people are buying 10 yr bonds knowing they'll lose value, that is serious and shows the deflationary risk in the Eurozone.

Bond prices are more out of touch with normality than the crazy days of 2005 was with borrowing.

Thanks you. What crash?

The 2.2% hit our stock market took today, already stated before you must have missed that one.

I suppose it depends on what you read and who you believe. Ireland will be the big loser in this equation, to believe anything else if crazy.
    The UK will be fine, it was before the EU and will be again after exiting. Us on the other hand have very short memories. Who was one of the first countries to bail us out last time?

Well put it this way. You said you bought your house from proceeds from a bet over Trump becoming president. So in terms of belief I don't believe your posts.

Prior to joining the EU the UK was close to bankruptcy. It then availed of the largest loan in the history of the IMF.

Danzy wrote: »
    That is actually very serious.

It is more serious than if they went the other way in time.

Nice that we can borrow cheap to handle the massive debt we were loaded with but the problem is people are buying 10 yr bonds knowing they'll lose value, that is serious and shows the deflationary risk in the Eurozone.

Bond prices are more out of touch with normality than the crazy days of 2005 was with borrowing.

Of course there are various tensions that could affect our yields but I'll take the low yields, that we've had for a number of years, for as long as we can have them.

The 2.2% hit our stock market took today, already stated before you must have missed that one.

That's a crash? But the Iseq was lower a few weeks ago? And a few months ago? And a few months before that? You'll have to explain this to me.

• Advertisement

Well put it this way. You said you bought your house from proceeds from a bet over Trump becoming president. So in terms of belief I don't believe your posts.

Prior to joining the EU the UK was close to bankruptcy. It then availed of the largest loan in the history of the IMF.

Believe what you will Eddy, I am financially secure and have no mortgages or debt. So yes i can ride out any hiccups or bumps.
    And just to blow your mind seeing how we work in same industry, what was your opinion of the latest merger that was announced over the weekend.
    How long do you think the corporations from our industries will stay when there tax breaks are taken away from them.

Believe what you will Eddy, I am financially secure and have no mortgages or debt. So yes i can ride out any hiccups or bumps.
    And just to blow your mind seeing how we work in same industry, what was your opinion of the latest merger that was announced over the weekend.
    How long do you think the corporations from our industries will stay when there tax breaks are taken away from them.

For a person so financially successful, you don't seem to understand betting, bond yields or the markets.

Good question. I think the UK's science industry is f**ked if we hit a no deal Brexit. As does everyone else it seems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49133625

That's a crash? But the Iseq was lower a few weeks ago? And a few months ago? And a few months before that? You'll have to explain this to me.

Wow you really need to stop passing comments if you haven't researched. It was the single largest downturn since Dec 2018 in 1 days trading.

So please don't sit here and make ****e up as you go along.

Wow you really need to stop passing comments if you haven't researched. It was the single largest downturn since Dec 2018 in 1 days trading.

So please don't sit here and make ****e up as you go along.

Oh dear. A Stock Market Crash is defined as a 10%+ drop in value.

Good question. I think the UK's science industry is f**ked if we hit a no deal Brexit. As does everyone else it seems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49133625

Our industry is far more exposed than the UK. If the EU does anything to the tax breaks our industry currently gets they will pack up and relocate quicker than you and I could imagine. Are you prepared to move countries, personally I am glad to be home and don't fancy a 4th country in less than 15 years.

For a person so financially successful, you don't seem to understand betting, bond yields or the markets.

How so, I have just given up trying to explain something to someone that has no comprehension of the real world outside there bubble. I'd would dearly like to comment further but then I would be at risk again from our lovely mods who would say i was just being confrontational with you again. Or are you just looking for something to report me on again for the 4th day in a row?

Our industry is far more exposed than the UK. If the EU does anything to the tax breaks our industry currently gets they will pack up and relocate quicker than you and I could imagine. Are you prepared to move countries, personally I am glad to be home and don't fancy a 4th country in less than 15 years.

Ha. Sigma, the main supplier of our chemicals has told us to expect massive increases in case of no Brexit. Our lab has already lost ~200k from Horizon 2020 funding.

Ha. Sigma, the main supplier of our chemicals has told us to expect massive increases in case of no Brexit. Our lab has already lost ~200k from Horizon 2020 funding.

So I'm curious are you prepared to move or will you ride out if it comes to that?

• Advertisement

How so, I have just given up trying to explain something to someone that has no comprehension of the real world outside there bubble. I'd would dearly like to comment further but then I would be at risk again from our lovely mods who would say i was just being confrontational with you again. Or are you just looking for something to report me on again for the 4th day in a row?

You were proven wrong about betting, bonds and the Iseq. You can't explain because you don't understand. And I've never reported any post or poster on this site. I'm afraid your posts speak for themselves.

Advertisement