Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British version of Trump becomes PM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The fact that he has not been in touch with Leo after a week is the height of disrespect to all of us. Colonial UK mindset is well and truly back. I just hope the EU stick with us but in reality we are only 4.7m out of 500m people this I'd be fearful of getting thrown under the bus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

:confused:

This man needs to receive my look of contempt. He needs to see it with his eyeballs.

disgust.jpg
    I am sure he is really bothered:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The fact that he has not been in touch with Leo after a week is the height of disrespect to all of us. Colonial UK mindset is well and truly back. I just hope the EU stick with us but in reality we are only 4.7m out of 500m people this I'd be fearful of getting thrown under the bus.

He said what he had to say out loud to everyone in the EU

What exactly is he supposed to get in touch with us about?

Usually foreign Leaders ring to congratulate a new Leader on their appointment .

Apparently Leo has been busy on his photoshoots :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

He said what he had to say out loud to everyone in the EU

What exactly is he supposed to get in touch with us about?

Leaving aside the EU leaders, Anglo-Irish relations. Unique in the scheme of things. People of NI are not pawns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

CURRENCY VALUE CHANGE NET CHANGE TIME (EDT)
    EUR-USD
    1.1142 -0.0003 -0.03% 5:08 AM
    USD-JPY
    108.5500 -0.2300 -0.21% 5:09 AM
    GBP-USD
    1.2180 -0.0039 -0.32% 5:09 AM
    AUD-USD
    0.6889 -0.0013 -0.19% 5:09 AM
    USD-CAD
    1.3175 0.0011 +0.08% 5:08 AM
    USD-CHF
    0.9906 -0.0010 -0.10% 5:08 AM
    EUR-JPY
    120.9600 -0.2500 -0.21% 5:08 AM
    EUR-GBP
    0.9147 0.0026 +0.28% 5:08 AM
    USD-HKD
    7.8218 -0.0006 -0.01% 5:09 AM
    EUR-CHF
    1.1038 -0.0013 -0.12% 5:08 AM
    USD-KRW
    1,181.9000 -1.5600 -0.13% 2:29 AM

If that doesn't highlight the EU manipulating financial markets, I'll grow wings and fly to the moon.

Leaving aside the EU leaders, Anglo-Irish relations. Unique in the scheme of things. People of NI are not pawns.

He said the backstop has to go. IPSO FACTO

• Registered Users Posts: 40,307 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

CURRENCY VALUE CHANGE NET CHANGE TIME (EDT)
    EUR-USD
    1.1142 -0.0003 -0.03% 5:08 AM
    USD-JPY
    108.5500 -0.2300 -0.21% 5:09 AM
    GBP-USD
    1.2180 -0.0039 -0.32% 5:09 AM
    AUD-USD
    0.6889 -0.0013 -0.19% 5:09 AM
    USD-CAD
    1.3175 0.0011 +0.08% 5:08 AM
    USD-CHF
    0.9906 -0.0010 -0.10% 5:08 AM
    EUR-JPY
    120.9600 -0.2500 -0.21% 5:08 AM
    EUR-GBP
    0.9147 0.0026 +0.28% 5:08 AM
    USD-HKD
    7.8218 -0.0006 -0.01% 5:09 AM
    EUR-CHF
    1.1038 -0.0013 -0.12% 5:08 AM
    USD-KRW
    1,181.9000 -1.5600 -0.13% 2:29 AM

If that doesn't highlight the EU manipulating financial markets, I'll grow wings and fly to the moon.

what is your point?

Eu / Leo should’t be using them as such .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

blinding wrote: »
    Excellent for Exports and Tourism and British people will holiday at home .

Yes, they won't have a choice soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

what is your point?

All markets down bar one, except the EU against the pound which seems to buck the world trend at the moment. Can't get Boris to the table the conventional way manipulate the market to make your argument stronger on why not to leave.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Yes, they won't have a choice soon.
    Peak district , Lake district , Cornwall beaches , Scottish Highlands , North Wales etc etc . Great places for holidays .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

There's always Gibraltar

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I am sure he is really bothered:D

He is in his eyeballs!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,307 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

All markets down bar one, except the EU against the pound which seems to buck the world trend at the moment. Can't get Boris to the table the conventional way manipulate the market to make your argument stronger on why not to leave.

clearly you understand very little if you think makes some sort of point.

8-10 wrote: »
    There's always Gibraltar

Yep. More than 95% voted to remain in the EU and they're currently calling for a second referendum. They'll be a rule taker after Brexit. This is everything the Spanish could have hoped for.

In fact I'm starting to think that Brexit was funded by the SNP, Sinn Fein and the Spanish government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭quokula

You realise that they are exchange rates and not markets?

None of them are "down", the currencies being compared, in the order they're being listed, have dropped in value.

Instead of listing GBP-USD, it could have listed USD-GBP, and all of a sudden that "market" would be "up"

If this is the argument you're resorting too, you might want to have a rethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Well there is only one thing to say really.

Obviously this whole situation is going to be ten times the farce it already was now.

That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

The reason he has not been in touch with Leo is the same reason he won't meet with EU leaders. He knows he is holding a ludicrous position and he is saving himself some embarrassment!

As for getting thrown under the bus - we've been hearing that now for 2-years and still nobody has outlined under what mechanism we even could be thrown under any bus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

8-10 wrote: »
    There's always Gibraltar
    Malvinas aren't too bad this time of year, less competition from penguins for room on the beaches.

Looking forward to shopping for Spanish and French flats and villas going cheap for a quick sale this autumn.

• Advertisement

Boris Johnson in Scotland as Sturgeon criticised his aiming for a no deal Brexit. Ruth Davidson, Scottish Mp couldn't even answer if Boris was bad or good for the Scottish Tory party. Also people who were former Scottish unionists state that they changed their mind as Boris is a complete idiot they don't trust.

https://www.channel4.com/news/fts-katie-martin-no-economist-or-trader-alive-thinks-sterling-can-get-through-brexit-without-getting-punched-in-the-face

Boris Johnson in Scotland as Sturgeon criticised his aiming for a no deal Brexit. Ruth Davidson, Scottish Mp couldn't even answer if Boris was bad or good for the Scottish Tory party. Also people who were former Scottish unionists state that they changed their mind as Boris is a complete idiot they don't trust.

https://www.channel4.com/news/fts-katie-martin-no-economist-or-trader-alive-thinks-sterling-can-get-through-brexit-without-getting-punched-in-the-face
    Channel 4 is not neutral on Brexit . Its also a leftie outlet .

Check youtube for Kathy Newman making a complete plonker of herself in an interview with Jordon Peterson . What an embarrassment that was .

Channel4 lost a lot of credibility after that . Any pretence on being unbiased was washed away .

No offence but that's no different than any other conspiracy theorist's post. Every channel is reporting the same. I suggest learn to look at the sources yourself. The interviews with Sturgeon and Davidson and you'll be better informed.

No offence but that's no different than any other conspiracy theorist's post. Every channel is reporting the same. I suggest learn to look at the sources yourself. The interviews with Sturgeon and Davidson and you'll be better informed.
    Channel 4 is not neutral on Brexit . I don’t think they would even deny it themselves .

It gives the news from a leftie feminist point of view . Again , I don’t think they would deny this themselves .

Channel 4 is not neutral on Brexit . I don’t think they would even deny it themselves .

It gives the news from a leftie feminist point of view . Again , I don’t think they would deny this themselves .

Again you're doing it wrong. Look at the things presented as facts in each report and deal with them. Otherwise it appears you're unable to comprehend them and instead attack the messenger. It's one of the reasons there's a rule against attacking the poster here. People unable to deal with the points use that as a defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They can't throw us under a bus if they do that the EU collapses. Unity is the only way the EU come out of this.

Again you're doing it wrong. Look at the things presented as facts in each report and deal with them. Otherwise it appears you're unable to comprehend them and instead attack the messenger. It's one of the reasons there's a rule against attacking the poster here. People unable to deal with the points use that as a defence.
    We are going to have to agree to disagree on channel 4 .

Anything they produce is tainted from the bias they are coming from . No different than CNN or FOX News in their own way .

Why would anyone put credence on output that is coming from a biased broadcaster . They have an agenda and they promote that agenda .

I for one would love to go back to when broadcasters presented un-biased facts and let the viewers / listeners / readers make up their own mind .

Those days are long gone . There was a time when you would not know / have great difficulty guessing the presenters / journalists own views .

Sadly these days are long gone .

We are going to have to agree to disagree on channel 4 .

Anything they produce is tainted from the bias they are coming from . No different than CNN or FOX News in their own way .

Why would anyone put credence on output that is coming from a biased broadcaster . They have an agenda and they promote that agenda .

I for one would love to go back to when broadcasters presented un-biased facts and let the viewers / listeners / readers make up their own mind .

Those days are long gone . There was a time when you would not know / have great difficulty guessing the presenters / journalists own views .

Sadly these days are long gone .

But you're clearly biased and also unable to analyse the facts. So I can't take your posts any more serious than those from the conspiracy theory forum.

But you're clearly biased and also unable to analyse the facts. So I can't take your posts any more serious than those from the conspiracy theory forum.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Bias+of+channel+4

Just a sample .

Channel 4 are no more credible than CNN and Fox News .

• Advertisement

Sky News i find is Neutral.

Sophy Ridge on Sunday is an excellent watch and not afraid to ask either side difficult questions.

With regards Channel 4 news, i actually find them slightly more centrist right. I have seen Corbyn and Jon Snow get in to some ding dongs in the past, although i am talking specifically about C4news and not any other programmes it airs.

Actually dispatches usually swings a bit to the left

Advertisement