Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Boggles wrote: »
    Can you name the Refugee who invented the system, I'll rightly condemn him / here right here.

Also not all Refugees that get rejected by the system are bogus, decisions have been reversed on Judicial review.

All the genuine refugee & asylum seekers are getting held up because there are so many bogus claims. Theres no wars in Georgia, Albania, Pakistan but they are the top 3 refugee, asylum claims

No help from Social Protection, HAP any benefits whatsoever?

I get HAP but that doesn't mean someone should jump the Q & get a house before me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Also not all Refugees that get rejected by the system are bogus, decisions have been reversed on Judicial review.

Perhaps the odd case on a technicality, however 90% is a rather high rate is it not. You could say such a rate indicates a phonema of delibate fraud.

This in turn, means for any genuine cases, their places have instead been taken by someone of unsound morals, seeking simply to benefit economically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Did I say I did?

We are part of the EU, we have no choice, also there is skills a shortage - these roles need to be filled, we need to look beyond the EU for these, which we are doing in great numbers.

The question I suppose would be, why would a reasonable person be against that?

We do have a choice. Under Lisbon 2 we have the option to opt out of receiving any non EU migrants from Europe. Try again.

We do have a choice. Under Lisbon 2 we have the option to opt out of receiving any non EU migrants from Europe. Try again.
    And Italy has their right to turn away ships, Poland & the V4 maintain their choices to refuse, all while being in the EU.

If the EU wants to split apart further (post-Brexit), it may pressure these countries, if it so chooses.

Italy have now overtaken Greece as the next likely to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Because you are looking strictly at the cost and not the value.

But I agree with you, our governance decided to privatize the problem, it's an absolute disgrace.

The value of the asylum seekers landing here to Ireland is not a positive one, at best it is neutral, there is no value in our small island off western europe taking even a single asylum seeker.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,918 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Where did I say we didn't? :confused:

The value of the asylum seekers landing here to Ireland is not a positive one, at best it is neutral, there is no value in our small island off western europe taking even a single asylum seeker.

I disagree, it certainly is of value to them.

But again I refer you to the data you provided the thread, we only take in a minuscule amount and reject the vast majority of them.

I don't see why all the panic from our Nationalists.

Help!!!! wrote: »
    I get HAP but that doesn't mean someone should jump the Q & get a house before me

So the state to a point are looking after you? You are doing okay?

I disagree on the housing Q, I definitely think it should be flexible and people in far more need should get to jump it.

That said I'm not seeing any tangible evidence of people who have been granted a stay being handed newly built houses and €13k immediately on finishing the process.

If anything according to recent reports the opposite is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭Odhinn

All the genuine refugee & asylum seekers are getting held up because there are so many bogus claims. Theres no wars in Georgia, Albania, Pakistan but they are the top 3 refugee, asylum claims

There's a great deal of sectarian violence in pakistan, against Shia and minority shia groupings in particular. Christians also.

• Advertisement

I disagree, it certainly is of value to them.

But again I refer you to the data you provided the thread, we only take in a minuscule amount and reject the vast majority of them.

Well wait until theres 40-80 men dropped into a hotel near you during the middle of the night & see how you feel after a few months
    It is better nip it in the bud early before it becomes an irreversible problem

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That is some pretty exact detail, surely this would be published somewhere.

Exceptional needs payments are well documented you will come across plenty of information in the state benefits forum for fitting out social housing .

Can't explain the car payment I'm expecting the whole irrational fear of brown people claim (at least have the testicular fortitude to call people racists )

So the state to a point are looking after you? You are doing okay?

I disagree on the housing Q, I definitely think it should be flexible and people in far more need should get to jump it.

That said I'm not seeing any tangible evidence of people who have been granted a stay being handed newly built houses and €13k immediately on finishing the process.

If anything according to recent reports the opposite is true.

Well there are plenty of Irish living in hotels or B&B's around the country waiting for homes only for the houses to go to the refugees
    Why not place the refugees in the hotels & give those waiting the houses

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭emo72

Where did I say we didn't? :confused:

"We are part of the EU, we have no choice".

Gatling wrote: »
    Exceptional needs payments are well documented you will come across plenty of information in the state benefits forum for fitting out social housing .

Those are well known, documented and are available to irish citizens. Various parties here seem to be referring to something else - a something else they can provide no links or reference too.
    Can't explain the car payment I'm expecting the whole irrational fear of brown people claim (at least have the testicular fortitude to call people racists )

It's just not true, tbh.

Odhinn wrote: »
    There's a great deal of sectarian violence in pakistan, against Shia and minority shia groupings in particular. Christians also.

So why come all this way when they could easily go to India or Bangladesh?
    Pakistan is 10 times the size or Ireland so I'm sure finding a safe place wouldn't be too hard either

It's just not true, tbh.

So explain how someone who is supposedly in need of help can be driving around in a matter of weeks?

So why come all this way when they could easily go to India or Bangladesh?
    Pakistan is 10 times the size or Ireland so I'm sure finding a safe place wouldn't be too hard either

India isn't exactly harmonious with christians and muslims either. The Ahmadi Muslims are regarded by Sunnis as heretical, so bangladesh wouldn't be too much of an improvement.

So explain how someone who is supposedly in need of help can be driving around in a matter of weeks?

Who said there was anyone driving around? Mr Anecdote? Not the most reliable source in the world is Mr Anecdote.

Who said there was anyone driving around? Mr Anecdote? Not the most reliable source in the world is Mr Anecdote.

So there are no refugees living near you? Maybe open your eyes & you will see

• Advertisement

India isn't exactly harmonious with christians and muslims either. The Ahmadi Muslims are regarded by Sunnis as heretical, so bangladesh wouldn't be too much of an improvement.

& Pakistanis in western countries dont exactly treat young western girls too good either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Varik

just limit people to one appeal. still allows for natural justice and prevents them languishing in limbo for years.

Don't think they should limit it to 1, but an appeal should be to correct something that happened in the original judgement not a do over with some new angle.

If a translator wasn't provided for an important step, or immigration services lost/didn't submit some important piece of documentation.

Not that they forgot to mention they were Christian, and when that didn't work they announced they were gay the whole time but forgot to mention it.

I....we only take in a minuscule amount and reject the vast majority of them.
    I.e. 90% of applicants are fake^ (bar the odd exception after many appeals), failing the applicaiton means they are simply economic migrants seeking selfish fiscal benefits at the expense of genuine cases, who's place they've taken.
    Not panic. Simply reasonable well-founded^ concerns, as per Italy, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and so on.

Well wait until theres 40-80 men dropped into a hotel near you during the middle of the night & see how you feel after a few months
    It is better nip it in the bud early before it becomes an irreversible problem

I don't understand. :confused:

Was there 40-80 men dropped into a hotel beside you, what happened after a few months???
    Well there are plenty of Irish living in hotels or B&B's around the country waiting for homes only for the houses to go to the refugees
    Why not place the refugees in the hotels & give those waiting the houses

The refugees including the ones granted remain to stay are housed in Direct Provision mostly.

Do you think you and your migrant wife should be made vacate your current rented property to let a family living in a hotel that are ahead of you on the social housing list move in?

I don't understand. :confused:

Was there 40-80 men dropped into a hotel beside you, what happened after a few months???

The refugees including the ones granted remain to stay are housed in Direct Provision mostly.

Do you think you and your migrant wife should be made vacate your current rented property to let a family living in a hotel that are ahead of you on the social housing list move in?

I am in private rented accommodation so thats different, but you already know that
    Refugees are being put in houses around the country ahead of those in hotels & b&b's that have been on the housing list longer
    Keep trolling all you like

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Varik wrote: »
    Don't think they should limit it to 1, but an appeal should be to correct something that happened in the original judgement not a do over with some new angle.

If a translator wasn't provided for an important step, or immigration services lost/didn't submit some important piece of documentation.

Not that they forgot to mention they were Christian, and when that didn't work they announced they were gay the whole time but forgot to mention it.

Thats the problem with most of the appeals.

I am in private rented accommodation so thats different, but you already know that

A portion of which is paid for by the HAP scheme.

Yes, you are more fortunate than other Irish people who may have been evicted, etc.

But you are talking about fairness. My question is only a logical extension to your own beliefs.

So would it not be fair if you and your migrant wife moved out of your state sponsored house for a bit and let a more needy Irish family in there?

Refugees are being put in houses around the country ahead of those in hotels & b&b's that have been on the housing list longer
    Keep trolling all you like

I'm in no way trolling.

But at some stage you will have to back up your assertions with some actual tangible data.

Above all else, it's just good manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

So why can't the shia in Pakistan seek asylum in Iran? That's a shia country and a lot nearer to Pakistan than Ireland anyway the majority of Pakistanis I've met here in Ireland are Sunni.

A portion of which is paid for by the HAP scheme.

Yes, you are more fortunate than other Irish people who may have been evicted, etc.

But you are talking about fairness. My question is only a logical extension to your own beliefs.

So would it not be fair if you and your migrant wife moved out of your state sponsored house for a bit and let a more needy Irish family in there?

I'm in no way trolling.

But at some stage you will have to back up your assertions with some actual tangible data.

Above all else, it's just good manners.

OK so we move out, to where? Live on the street or hotel/B&B?
    That isn't fixing the problem
    Giving the person less well off a house IS fixing the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

Oops !

African nationals living in Ireland have a higher unemployment rate than other migrants and Irish people.

The new study from the Economic and Social Research Institute has examined how well migrants are settling in the country.

It has found that 16% of Africans living in Ireland are out of work, compared with 4% of people from western European countries.

The employment rate for Africans in Ireland was also very low at 45%, while 66% of Irish nationals were working.

Lead author of the report, Dr Frances McGinnity, said the findings were concerning in relation to immigrants from Africa, whereas people from Europe and North America had high levels of employment and educational attainment and were performing very well in the Irish labour market.

The research also found that consistent poverty rates were highest for non-EU nationals at 29% compared with 8% for Irish people.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1107/1009164-esri_migrants/

Being out of job does not equate laziness. That article is so poorly written.
    I just read the whole report there. This is why i always doubt everything that is in the news.
    The RTE article just picked out elements of the reports that will generate clicks.

It fails to highlight the percentage of the Africans are pursuing higher education.
    the high percentage of Africans are likely to have higher education.
    RTE should report on why are they unemployed? education, social skills.
    Are they even getting interviews?

Advertisement