Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭Jeff2

odd then that nearly all the guards that did know him and looked at the photo did not recognise him.

It is.

The first time I seen the photo with out his name I knew exactly who it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

ACAguy wrote: »
    You can tell already LB will get off.

The prison even forgot to bring him to court yesterday and theres be no news of it today

Seems he was.up a few days ago

https://m.herald.ie/news/courts/court-hears-secret-recordings-included-talk-of-shooting-rival-38572421.html

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭rondog

If they allow LB to get off due to inadmissibility of evidence cos of the GDPR act then this country is a complete swamp.Laws are there to protect people not to get a murderer off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

rondog wrote: »
    If they allow LB to get off due to inadmissibility of evidence cos of the GDPR act then this country is a complete swamp.Laws are there to protect people not to get a murderer off.
    Only problem is.... We have courts of law, not courts of justice.

If LB is allowed to walk out after this case it will be a reflection of our legal system and questions should be asked what can be done to change the legal/judicial/prison system, the people that can make changes are the ones who are happy with the system, it's unlikely to change anytime soon.

In the 80s we changed our penal system from one of punishment to one of reform... Giving convicts every opportunity to reform... In my opinion this has failed and we have many prisoners who are happier inside prison than outside it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

As far as I'm aware gdpr does not apply as it's a criminal investigation. It would be uttely ridiculous to think that's someone's rights to privacy going into Centra would superceded a criminal investigation!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

He did it again......

Gardai investigating alleged sexual assault on woman by famous Irish sports star

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/gardai-investigating-alleged-sexual-assault-20570727#ICID=Android_IrishMirrorNewsApp_AppShare

SCUM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭threeball

He did it again......

Gardai investigating alleged sexual assault on woman by famous Irish sports star

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/gardai-investigating-alleged-sexual-assault-20570727#ICID=Android_IrishMirrorNewsApp_AppShare

SCUM

When are they going to lock that prick up. Can't believe the yanks let him off twice and then he has an assault and two sexual assaults against him here. Talk about reinforcing his sense of being untouchable

threeball wrote: »
    When are they going to lock that prick up. Can't believe the yanks let him off twice and then he has an assault and two sexual assaults against him here. Talk about reinforcing his sense of being untouchable

He allegedly went on a bender as soon as he was out of the courthouse on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Whistleblower with a big announcement pending apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Whistleblower with a big announcement pending apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Screen shot it in case it's taken down.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Starting to think the whistleblower is monetizing that twitter account

A tweet was taken down did anyone see it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

this previously mentioned sports star has struck 3 times now and that's verified, that's dangerous territory.

The previous report suggested he had paid off someone before. This is a predator.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dnargel

He needs locking up for both his and society’s protection. He is a disgrace. He made money but by the time he is finished he will have nothing. What a waste!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

He's turning in to a right predator if it is true ,
    DPP still deciding weather to bring the other case form last December to court, I wonder what will happen with that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

He's turning in to a right predator if it is true ,
    DPP still deciding weather to bring the other case form last December to court, I wonder what will happen with that,

she was paid to keep her mouth shut

was told its either take the money or go to court and risk the jury being manipulated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

A 31 yer old male in court today in connection with the pistol was found at the Stardust Memorial Park in Coolock.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

gwalk wrote: »
    she was paid to keep her mouth shut

was told its either take the money or go to court and risk the jury being manipulated

According to the Independent this morning the DPP is still considering if there enough evidence to charge ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Nothing in the Whistleblower's 'announcement'

By the looks of it (s)he was going to announce who the 'sports star' was, and wonders if the KOCG will stand by him....

(S)he has been advised not to now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Legal aid me arse, if he's granted that I'm completely giving up on this country.

Can someone help me out on this one?

In reading about this "Irish Sports Star" I seen a tweet that says he is out on bail for the first sexual assault he has been accused of.

Is this true?
    He has not been charged with anything yet in relation to the first sexual assault correct? File is being prepared DPP is what media saying.

So can you be arrested, not charged yet, and released on bail?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

this previously mentioned sports star has struck 3 times now and that's verified, that's dangerous territory.

The previous report suggested he had paid off someone before. This is a predator.

So...two sexual assaults have been reported, investigations are ongoing, no trials have taken place, no evidence heard, no witnesses in the witness box, no jury, no judge..... but the accused is a predator?!?
    How does that work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Can a thread on this "Famous Irish sports star" not be created or is it not allowed by the mods? I don't see a specific topic anywhere on the site.

Gardaí investigating sex assault allegations against sports star seize vehicle

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-investigating-sex-assault-allegations-against-sports-star-seize-vehicle-1.4050038?mode=amp

Everyone knows who he is. He may as well change his name to Famous Irish Sports Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

sligeach wrote: »
    Can a thread on this "Famous Irish sports star" not be created or is it not allowed by the mods? I don't see a specific topic anywhere on the site.

Gardaí investigating sex assault allegations against sports star seize vehicle

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-investigating-sex-assault-allegations-against-sports-star-seize-vehicle-1.4050038?mode=amp

Everyone knows who he is. He may as well change his name to Famous Irish Sports Star.

I doubt it's allowed until his name is printed in the papers. A thread without naming him would be chaos to moderate.
    And definitely don't create a thread about it in the forum of the sport he's involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭rondog

In the MMA forum there is a huge thread already created about him.More in relation to MMA etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

rondog wrote: »
    In the MMA forum there is a huge thread already created about him.More in relation to MMA etc.

Don't go to that thread and say anything remotely negative or you'll be banned. Das ist verboten.

I got banned from it previously for merely saying that an MMA person had been charged in the US with a charge which could result in up to X time in prison and if he was convicted and received that sentence, he wouldn't be able to compete during that time.

I didn't even name the fella and I got banned. (This was the time this individual was charged with and offence after being caught on camera, snatching and smashing someones phone). The video was widely available and he had been officially charged by the police there.

Just a warning in case anyone wanders over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

You could get impeached for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement