Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Mcgregory the little runt his day is gone.
    He was in the Black Forge 2 weeks ago,only place that would want him now....I doubt the locals even gave a ****e about him being there...
    Kally Coleman sniffing around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭40supple

ACAguy wrote: »
    Thought LB trial was due today?

Brannigans an absolute tool to think he’ll beat his trial. I’d assume the covert evidence is staggering against him and certcumstantuinal evidence overwhelming. He’ll get a heavier sentence than Alan (6y) for going to trail.

Brady’s another tool who’ll do at least 40y, bad move what happened up the road

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭rondog

40supple wrote: »
    Brannigans an absolute tool to think he’ll beat his trial. I’d assume the covert evidence is staggering against him and certcumstantuinal evidence overwhelming. He’ll get a heavier sentence than Alan (6y) for going to trail.

Brady’s another tool who’ll do at least 40y, bad move what happened up the road

The Judge will throw the book at Brannigan.The others admitted their guilt so got more lenient sentences.Brannigan will get hammered for being such a brazen pr1ck and the Judge will give him 8-10 years id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Of course they did

I'd love to know how the Mansfields were allowed to operate with impunity for so long. The auld fella must have had some very influential connections in high places to be allowed to do business for so long (whether he was paying them off, or had dirt on them). I'm not normally one for conspiracies, but people in very high places must have been looking out for him for a long time.

I'd love to know how the Mansfields were allowed to operate with impunity for so long. The auld fella must have had some very influential connections in high places to be allowed to do business for so long (whether he was paying them off, or had dirt on them). I'm not normally one for conspiracies, but people in very high places must have been looking out for him for a long time.

Many a FF ard fheis was held in city west for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

There's a long list of FFers who were in bed with Mansfield Sr over the decades. How they managed to keep that relatively quiet is a mystery, especially since one of the main crooks, Liam Lawlor, is dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

There's a long list of FFers who were in bed with Mansfield Sr over the decades. How they managed to keep that relatively quiet is a mystery, especially since one of the main crooks, Liam Lawlor, is dead.

Lawlor took a lot of secrets to the grave I'd say.

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    Lawlor took a lot of secrets to the grave I'd say.

Is there rumour / suspicion that Lawlor was involved in or profited from Mansfield's 'alleged' 'import' enterprise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Is there rumour / suspicion that Lawlor was involved in or profited from Mansfield's 'alleged' 'import' enterprise?

He had more than enough of his own fiddles going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

Jesus never heard but wouldn't be 1 bit surprised.... he along with most of them were rotten to the core... they were up to there necks in dodgy dealings...

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Many a FF ard fheis was held in city west for a start.

I remember seeing vague references to Mansfield being friendly with some high-up folks in the Gardaí, possibly a former commissioner. That usually means the journalist knows something, but can't come out straight and say it. Did Mansfield have top brass in his pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone see the first Ep of Darklands on VM? Any good?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Anyone see the first Ep of Darklands on VM? Any good?

Ye i thought it was ok actually. Few dodgy accents but looks half decent

I remember seeing vague references to Mansfield being friendly with some high-up folks in the Gardaí, possibly a former commissioner. That usually means the journalist knows something, but can't come out straight and say it. Did Mansfield have top brass in his pocket?

An assistant commissioners daughter was married in citywest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

New charges for Mansfield before the Special Criminal Court. Looks like they are going full on for him.

Businessman Jim Mansfield Jnr charged with conspiring to falsely imprison a man and attempting to pervert the course of justice

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/businessman-jim-mansfield-jnr-charged-with-conspiring-to-falsely-imprison-a-man-and-attempting-to-pervert-the-course-of-justice-38574934.html

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Anyone see this?

Dublin City Council paid gangland figures to stop antisocial attacks, Cab case told

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/dublin-city-council-paid-gangland-figures-to-stop-antisocial-attacks-cab-case-told-1.4044450

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,265 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Friend of Charlie Haughey and hosted FF ArdFheiseanna for years.

rondog wrote: »
    The Judge will throw the book at Brannigan.The others admitted their guilt so got more lenient sentences.Brannigan will get hammered for being such a brazen pr1ck and the Judge will give him 8-10 years id say.

Well Patrick Hutch was let walk despite a photo of him fleeing a murder scene with a gun in hand, so who knows?!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Well Patrick Hutch was let walk despite a photo of him fleeing a murder scene with a gun in hand, so who knows?!

The identifcation of that photo was a set up. Over 100 or something cops looked at photo and only 2 could say they taught it was Patrick Hutch. The judge letting the photo be used as evidence was surprising to be honest

The identifcation of that photo was a set up. Over 100 or something cops looked at photo and only 2 could say they taught it was Patrick Hutch. The judge letting the photo be used as evidence was surprising to be honest

Well, compare it to any other pictures of himself out there, and it's clearly him (unless he has an evil twin who's out to set him up!).

Regardless of how the initial identification process was conducted, you'd have to think that photo evidence was pretty irrefutable, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Well, compare it to any other pictures of himself out there, and it's clearly him (unless he has an evil twin who's out to set him up!).

Regardless of how the initial identification process was conducted, you'd have to think that photo evidence was pretty irrefutable, no?

There's no way you could prove beyond reasonable doubt it was him by that photo.

As 98/100 Guards proved

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

You can tell already LB will get off.

The prison even forgot to bring him to court yesterday and theres be no news of it today

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    There's no way you could prove beyond reasonable doubt it was him by that photo.

As 98/100 Guards proved

If they had of put that photo on Crimeline, I reckon they would have been getting alot of phonecalls and one name coming up. Gardai mightn't have known who it was. If you knew the person in the photo. you'd know who it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

If they had of put that photo on Crimeline, I reckon they would have been getting alot of phonecalls and one name coming up. Gardai mightn't have known who it was. If you knew the person in the photo. you'd know who it was.

Did you volunteer to go on the stand and identify him?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Odelay wrote: »
    Did you volunteer to go on the stand and identify him?

No, I hadn't a clue who it was never mind who PH was. But I think He could have been Identified by the public and maybe used technology to confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

odd then that nearly all the guards that did know him and looked at the photo did not recognise him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement