Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

the_syco wrote: »
    If it's the one for €650 in Galway, ignore the bit that says that it has 0 previous owners; it has 2 previous owners.
    Also, be aware it could be a possible lemon.

Most recent Vehicle Registration Certificate issued on: 05/11/2020

If they're trying to flip it after a month, I'd wonder on why.

Now sitting in my drive :) Hopefully a good little car. Really open, honest & helpful seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My wife had one of those, drove it to France... Hated every second of it!

Masochist

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-starlet/26707319

ZDk0MjMxZDYyNzBjY2U2NTMzZTlkNWFmY2M5YjMwYzPfTdD4JsMmE3lXkA0zOyacaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjQ0MTE0Mzl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Very tidy looking (from the one provided photo) 5 door Starlet with NCT til September 2021, €700

Needs to be a tiny bit cheaper, but still - definitely would

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rover-25/26705686

Yzk2ZDc4ZGJkNDMyYThjNDQ4MWNmNjFiZGY0MTdmZmNLYy0aH0Xiy9w8ZC32PDU_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjQzODQ2NDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Short test (March next year) but I do love a Streetwise

Yours for €650

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Yzk2ZDc4ZGJkNDMyYThjNDQ4MWNmNjFiZGY0MTdmZmNLYy0aH0Xiy9w8ZC32PDU_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjQzODQ2NDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Yours for €650

Ohh I like that. I had a standard 3dr 25 for a couple of years...zero bother. Ran like a clock. Also had its predecessor the 315. Cracker too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yours for €650
    Although only a short NCT, it's worth noting that the NCT was only done 4 months ago, so may be in half decent condition.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Ohh I like that. I had a standard 3dr 25 for a couple of years...zero bother. Ran like a clock. Also had its predecessor the 315. Cracker too.

I am no Rover apologist, but they are a nice little car. I'd absolutely love a first gen MG ZR. They were plentiful and cheap until a few years ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I am no Rover apologist, but they are a nice little car. I'd absolutely love a first gen MG ZR. They were plentiful and cheap until a few years ago :(

I was close to buying a ZR but my daughter arrived and a 3 door wasn't suitable....pesky kids!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

kaizersoze wrote: »
    "SOLD AS IS FOR PARTS OR REPAIR OR EXPORT" Definately something major wrong with it. It's not being sold as a driver.

It's worth 50 quid to a scrap metal dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Discodog wrote: »
    Now sitting in my drive :) Hopefully a good little car. Really open, honest & helpful seller.

Best of luck to your friend. Hope they have a few years of happy motoring in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Octavia and Mondeo (and probably several others) can be had with 1ltr engine.
    How much smaller would you like?
    Might not get the 1 litre for banger money (nor would you want one) but the 1.2 and 1.4 Octavia should be out there as well.

Under 2k?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Twin cam. Must be trying to cash in on a ae86.

Tom: Just bought a twin cam.

Joe: Are you serious.

Tom: Yea.

Joe: Where is it?

*Goes outside to look. That's not a twin cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,130 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

2k is a joke, should be in the dreamer of they year thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

bazz26 wrote: »
    2k is a joke, should be in the dreamer of they year thread.

How one earth could someone be that delusional?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Twin cam starlet :pac:
    Sounds like someone plugged something onto it to make more nooooiiiizzzzeeee?
    full Toyota service history up to 88000
    From the pictures, this equals to
    "full Toyota service history up to 31-5-00"
    Mileage 111,000 km
    Eh, no. 111,000 miles, so would be 178,637 km.

Front the NCT picture;
    101,313 miles in 2015
    105,362 (?) miles in 2016
    Unknown in miles 2017
    NCT is currently due 09/05/2020
    so maybe 2,000 miles a year before 2015, and just over 1,000 miles a year since. So I'm guessing some old granny drove it to the shops. I'd wonder has it been serviced at all for for the last 20 years?

Anyhoos, 97MO2079 says that it has had 3 owners, so I'm guessing the first owner had it until at least 2000, and it's had 2 owners since.

Always LoL when they show all sides, but not the rear, or the front bumper. Anything driven by old people usually has been reversed into at least one lamppost :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Masochist

I had a Saab 9-3, but she didn't think it was reliable enough... So I got to squeeze my 6'2" self into the Ignis 4x4 and of we went.
    Not fun...
    But a handy yoke around Irish roads never the less.
    I preferred the Mazda 2 she had beforehand though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Quick question lads. I'm far from a volkswagen man, what are the auto boxes like in them? Looking to get a chape tax wagon passatt/octavia VRS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The 4efe is a twin cam engine though, i think he's just trying to spice up the appeal of that car, not suggest a link to the ae86.

Be a nice car for €750. Typical of the classic section of donedeal though, stuff like this. I'd say Damien knows what he's at though with 132 previous ads.

A bangernomic it is not, though. Duke has an almost identical one posted for €700.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

the_syco wrote: »
    Although only a short NCT, it's worth noting that the NCT was only done 4 months ago, so may be in half decent condition.

I wonder was it laid up for a long time before that? It was taxed 4 days before it was NCT'd and it looks like it was actually taxed in a motor tax office with the stamper on the disc, the disc behind it looks like a green tax disc too, that's going back a few years.

Might be a gem that car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,130 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Quick question lads. I'm far from a volkswagen man, what are the auto boxes like in them? Looking to get a chape tax wagon passatt/octavia VRS.

Depends on the type of box in them as VAG had a variety from old style slush boxes, multitronic and also DSG.

Multitronic were problematic and got the nickname multicronic. Early DSG gave plenty of problems and a good bit of this was down to poor maintenance/servicing of the gearbox. There are 6 and 7 speed DSG (dry and wet) variants depending on whether it was petrol or diesel but cannot recall which ones were the more troublesome. The newer ones are way more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Akrasia wrote: »
    Best of luck to your friend. Hope they have a few years of happy motoring in it

Huge pile of receipts, NCTs etc going right back to new. Pleasant surprise.

Btw I have a 95 Starlet that runs but isn't anything like the ones here. I must of had 10 people knocking at the door asking if it's for sale.

When does a 95 qualify as a classic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

[QUOTE=Discodog;115530388]Huge pile of receipts, NCTs etc going right back to new. Pleasant surprise.

Btw I have a 95 Starlet that runs but isn't anything like the ones here. I must of had 10 people knocking at the door asking if it's for sale.

When does a 95 qualify as a classic ?[/QUOTE]

Can't bate it, I bought a Civic a while back and when I was about to leave your man came running back out to me and says "Oh here I forgot to give you these"
    same thing, pile of receipts for work done and most of it before it was due.

It's great peace of mind in fairness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-147-twin-spark-1-6/26722451

N2JkYTFmN2EzODY5OWIyODBlNGY0MGMyYmQ1MmVkYjAo1cTM3EJEwuH6HOj_cM5CaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjQ1NzMzODd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tidy looking 1.6 147 with a bit of tax and NCT til August 2021 for €595

I'm not the biggest fan of these but for 500 quid this could make a nice runaround. Probably playing timing belt roulette at this end of the market, but even still..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It would be an interesting thing for a few months anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-147-twin-spark-1-6/26722451

N2JkYTFmN2EzODY5OWIyODBlNGY0MGMyYmQ1MmVkYjAo1cTM3EJEwuH6HOj_cM5CaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjQ1NzMzODd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tidy looking 1.6 147 with a bit of tax and NCT til August 2021 for €595

I'm not the biggest fan of these but for 500 quid this could make a nice runaround. Probably playing timing belt roulette at this end of the market, but even still..

Timing belt change on those is cheap as chips.

Had one for 2 years, and it wasn't that scary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Big end bearing roulette is the bigger gable with them. At least it will limp home if you lose thay bet.. Lovely car for the money. Says 695 in the ad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

I'm not a VAG driver. But it's a regular query on honest john. You must pick wisely it seems.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/132373/which-volkswagen-dsg-gearboxes-are-reliable-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

For what it’s worth, I had an ‘06 Octavia 1.9tdi with 6speed, wet clutch DSG, I put 500k on it before I sold it and second owner put another 200k on it.
    I always got the box oil and filter done at 60k by main dealer.
    I don’t think I’d buy a used DSG equipped car without a genuine service history (for box at least).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Discodog wrote: »
    Huge pile of receipts, NCTs etc going right back to new. Pleasant surprise.

When does a 95 qualify as a classic ?

You will get classic insurance now.

When it gets to 30 classic tax (€56 pa) and two year NCT kicks in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement