Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

pron wrote: »
    Cheap Tax Mitsubishi Colt Automatic.

(Friend looking to shift, asking price reflects "last price" shower ... )
    https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/mitsubishi/colt/fpa/202011015681128

Is your friend going to accept €2k for it as it's sub €2k for bangernomics :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Alfa 159 estate for €975, with a NCT to Feb 2021

That was up about 2 weeks ago here for 1150
    At nearly 200 quid cheaper now, it's definitely looking like a good deal
    The NCT was only done recently and as it's out in Feb it could nearly be put through again in a fortnight for a good long NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

1997 nissan micra

700 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22020579

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

pron wrote: »
    Cheap Tax Mitsubishi Colt Automatic.

(Friend looking to shift, asking price reflects "last price" shower ... )
    https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/mitsubishi/colt/fpa/202011015681128

Looks like its already sold? What was the asking price BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

SummerK wrote: »
    Looks like its already sold? What was the asking price BTW.

€2.5k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pron

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Is your friend going to accept €2k for it as it's sub €2k for bangernomics :P

He indicated yes, he'd take 2k if offered,

Just sold! He accepted a fraction over 2k from the first viewer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dlmo

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Looks very abused and unloved. Even at that money.

That used to be my wife's car ... was very loved at the time.. immaculate condition when traded in 2012.. it loved petrol ... 1.7 engine and the aerodynamics of a brick meant very poor MPGs on the motorway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

dlmo wrote: »
    That used to be my wife's car ... was very loved at the time.. immaculate condition when traded in 2012.. it loved petrol ... 1.7 engine and the aerodynamics of a brick meant very poor MPGs on the motorway!
    Whoever had it after her didn’t give it the same love.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Bulletproof, ultra reliable motor, 12 months NCT, 6 months tax for €2,200. Has a dent in the boot though. Check the tyres to see what brand is on them to see how well they were looked after. Might be of interest to someone. Little deprciation over the next couple of years either way.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1993-carina-e-immaculate/26336237

MzU0OTFiMDBiNjRkZmY0YjZlM2RjZWJmMjRhODE0NDccVQLF7TCMwSjf0b3rND8haHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjA2MDExMjB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you seen the back of it?

Liking the Linders of Smithfield plate surrounds and sticker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Nice to see that in here not in the dreamer thread,

Probably should be there with the kicked arse though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

NjY1NzdkZmU2Y2FhYTUyNmQwYjgwY2U5YzI2MjRkMWFuMoOkiSwmVuqZQar3RgF9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjEyMjQxMTF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Very reasonable 2009 Saab 9-3 TiD although high miles
    120bhp diesel version (390 p.a road tax)
    NCT is out next month but has 4 months extension to April 2021
    190k miles
    Asking €1300

• Registered Users Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭CoBo55

KevRossi wrote: »
    Bulletproof, ultra reliable motor, 12 months NCT, 6 months tax for €2,200. Has a dent in the boot though. Check the tyres to see what brand is on them to see how well they were looked after. Might be of interest to someone. Little deprciation over the next couple of years either way.

MzU0OTFiMDBiNjRkZmY0YjZlM2RjZWJmMjRhODE0NDccVQLF7TCMwSjf0b3rND8haHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjA2MDExMjB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Crazy crazy money. I absolutely guarantee that car is stinking with exhaust fumes from that mangled boot lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Yeah, that is more like Carina II money to me. Behind the fancy pictures it’s a rough(ish) old not-yet-classic Carina IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think the Carina would be about right at €1950 if the boot wasn't cream crackered? Shame, nice yoke.
    NCT guys were all over complimenting it during recent test.

I'm sold.

Seller is psychologically on another planet, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Seller is psychologically on another planet, in fairness.

He's claiming that all the testers stopped working to stand around an old Toyota Carina mid-test to complement it, sure they did buddy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

job seeker wrote: »
    He's claiming that all the testers stopped working to stand around an old Toyota Carina mid-test to complement it, sure they did buddy! :D

You’re from up that way. Would a Carina E not be considered exotica up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

colm_mcm wrote: »

:pac:

In Roscommon definitely! Sligo though, not a chance! :p

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-xli/26402357

50559721443_c2651666ce_z.jpg

This would interest me far more than that Carina - XLi saloon with 87k miles, bit of NCT (January), €1200

Longer test would be ideal but not a deal breaker really, you don't see many decent examples of these any more

Looks like the car was only tested in August this year and has only done 150 miles since.

That looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

This would interest me far more than that Carina - XLi saloon with 87k miles, bit of NCT (January), €1200

Longer test would be ideal but not a deal breaker really, you don't see many decent examples of these any more

I'm extremely dizzy after looking at the photos.... I don't feel well

Looks like the car was only tested in August this year and has only done 150 miles since.

That looks great.

Looks nice and straight too which would give me some inkling that it isn't just tarted up and polished within an inch of its life for the photos

The only thing is, red with the black bumpers would have to be the hardest combination to keep looking well if you plan on dailying it.

The red would go flat and the bumpers would fade. A metallic car with colour coded bumpers would be for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Pictures captured by a drone....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭selectamatic

colm_mcm wrote: »

Those pics look more like Dublin to me. I'd imagine that carina hasn't been in the west long.

Why can’t people take proper photos???
    And the steering wheel being upside down as well grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Photo 5 is making my dizzy.
    The wheel being rotated exactly 180 and then photo upside down
    Has to be deliberately done!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It does have the vibe of a back in the day convent car or priests etc.....

Remember they were the car they near all had.

It does have the vibe of a back in the day convent car or priests etc.....

Remember they were the car they near all had.
    That would explain the stain on the drivers seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Alfa 159 estate for €975, with a NCT to Feb 2021
    Is this the COVID extension? All cars get an extra 4 months? When it was last tested is what I want to know when buying a car, not how long I can not do it again.
    KevRossi wrote: »

Personally, I despise ads without a reg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement