Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman rakes up 648 convictions

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

Weekly welfare and all the usual ad ons the cost of crime she's committing and garda time, free legal aid... it is cheaper locking these scum up.. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

As I said 3 years ago. Lobotomy is the only way to stop this behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,208 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You can't fix everyone. That is a sad truth. I know quite a few people who have had serious help and serious interventions from family, from friends, from the State, yet nothing works. Really sad situations, but there limits to what society can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

While I think she should probably do time most court cases dealing with petty crime should never reach the courts because its one law for the poor another for the rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What law is that, now?

I think this woman, with her close on 1000 fooking convictions is doing just fine out of our laws.

Post edited by walshb on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Tintin101

The issue is, she will go to jail she will be released then she will be released into the cycle of homelessness and will inevitably reoffend. Until the government deals with the Gaps in release programs for offenders nothing will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm gonna take a wild guess she was given every opportunity and didn't engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Tintin101

What opportunity there is no pre release for those going out after jail

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

From my experience, there are plenty of supports and assistance available, especially to women, if only they engage with them. I'm assuming, with her near 1k convictions, that she doesn't want to. The hand will always be held out, people like this woman keep slapping it away. We can blame the drugs, her upbringing, her social circles, etc. But at the end of the day, if someone doesn't accept help and actually work towards getting better, then there's not much more can be done. People have to be willing to engage. You can't force them.

What you want, i'm guessing, is for the state to provide even more to this woman, beyond what everyone else who actively engages and benefits from the supports get. She's not a special case, just a difficult one.

Advertisement