Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman rakes up 648 convictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

God help him and anyone who has to deal with him, he needs to be institutionalized for his own benefit at least.

Odhinn wrote: »
    She's spent 27 years behind bars. I'm not seeing that as "lenient" meself.

It’s more likely that she has been sentenced to 27 years over all her adult life but actually served less then 1/2 that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

splinter65 wrote: »
    God help him and anyone who has to deal with him, he needs to be institutionalized for his own benefit at least.

At the age of 58 you'd think he'd start to cop on a bit. I'd love to know if he remembers how he got to Galway and Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I bet I can guess which part of pinewood....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/judge-lifts-media-gag-in-case-of-woman-who-has-648-convictions-38367895.html

Shock horror. She's in trouble with the law again.

The offence she has allegedly committed happened just over a week over her last conviction in which her lawyer asked the judge to give her one last chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,240 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/judge-lifts-media-gag-in-case-of-woman-who-has-648-convictions-38367895.html

Shock horror. She's in trouble with the law again.

The offence she has allegedly committed happened just over a week over her last conviction in which her lawyer asked the judge to give her one last chance.
    She is 44....wow!
    Ah sure she has to be given one more chance surely....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭downtheroad

She threw bottles of wine at the store manager. Is there any scope for him/her taking a case against the State arguing that because this woman was not in jail he/she received injuries? It might be a stretch and I cannot stand the compensation culture and spurious legal cases that exists in Ireland but for something like this I'd applaud the store manager for highlighting how ridiculous the sentences in this country can be.

gmisk wrote: »
    She is 44....wow!
    Ah sure she has to be given one more chance surely....

I’d say it’s more of a problem now that the authorities don’t know where to go with her from here out.
    As I said already she needs permanent institutionalizing before she badly hurts someone else or herself.
    She has no control whatsoever over herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

She threw bottles of wine at the store manager. Is there any scope for him/her taking a case against the State arguing that because this woman was not in jail he/she received injuries? It might be a stretch and I cannot stand the compensation culture and spurious legal cases that exists in Ireland but for something like this I'd applaud the store manager for highlighting how ridiculous the sentences in this country can be.

I'd love if we could use the warped compensation culture against the judiciary, they have a duty of care to society, yet time and again the criminals they let walk do harm to law abiding citizens, they should be held liable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

El_Bee wrote: »
    I'd love if we could use the warped compensation culture against the judiciary, they have a duty of care to society, yet time and again the criminals they let walk do harm to law abiding citizens, they should be held liable.

Pergaps because the scobies that do the crimes are always the ones that have limitless free legal aid -while the rest of it who work cannot afford a court case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭irishproduce

El_Bee wrote: »

They have a duty of care toward the legal colleagues who need these repeat offenders out on the streets clocking up more "business".

• Registered Users Posts: 54,914 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Was reading this..

Should this woman be medically studied for science?

Her utter stamina, commitment and relentless desire to commit crime...

High powered CEOs could not generate so much effort and passion in their career business lives..

Bir of a bump. But she’s at 857 convictions now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Must be getting a new wing of the dochas centre named after her at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I’m actually rooting for her. When your justice system is this pathetic, sometimes you’re desensitised.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I mean she clearly needs round the clock help, even though she's probably a lost cause. I feel bad for her, a wasted life and miserable since childhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

I wonder what she does when she is not in prison or breaking the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The mileage is certainly not hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,919 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Is there any single critical profession in the country as endemically useless now as our judiciary ?

Who oversees this shît ? The JCC ? Why are they not getting off their arse and holding the judiciary to account ?

im reading to remove a judge from their position is a long drawn out process.

Article 35.4 of Bunreacht na hÉireann states that a judge of the Supreme Court or the High Court shall not be removed from office except for “stated misbehaviour” or incapacity and only upon resolutions passed by Dáil Éireann and by Seanad Éireann calling for his removal (this rule applies, statutorily, to Circuit Court and District Court judges per the Courts of Justice Act 1924 s.39, and the Courts of Justice (District Court) Act 1946 s.20).

I believe we are at a stage now where great percentages of the irish public have little to no faith at all in the criminal justice system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭amacca

I want there to be consequences that deter such recidivism so we don't have to pay taxes to keep as many people in jail because they don't want to go there in the first place as its simply not an attractive proposition.....the consequences should be timely and a real deterrent imo.

The alternative of not commiting crime should be more attractive as a way of life imo...how about you aren't contributing to society or at least being a benign/neutral member so if you cause hassle then you will be caused hassle in return....force them to clean up public areas and temporarily reduce any state payments if they don't co-operate.....keep upping the ante until they comply, Grind them down until they are less of a problem and this kind of lifestyle is not seen as being viable....I'm not just talking about this particular case...I'm talking about all the dealers and petty scumbags and unprovoked attack merchants, anti social thugs etc.....they shouldn't be a mini industry for the legal profession and associated advocates

At any rate if someone has 600+ previous convictions and high numbers of previous convictions appears to be quite common we can agree the current system isn't working particularly well either?

Imo that's part of the problem...I'd bet you wouldn't feel that pity if you or a family member encountered or had to deal with the likes of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

from reading a news report her convictions are pretty much all shoplifting and hurling abuse at staff, so yeah i'd still feel sorry for her if a family member or myself were involved in her carry on

I'd imagine she's into poetry and is a top tier philatelist.

I think that's where we differ and in the case of other people with multiple previous convictions involved in physical assaults/intimidation etc I wouldn't just feel no pity...I think they should get a taste of their own medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭apache

The Dochas is like home to her. She gets 3 meals a day and well looked after in her ensuite room. No cells in the Dochas. She commits crime to get inside. It's a safe space for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭beeker1

Poxy judiciary makes its living from these vermin, judges won't impose appropriate sentences because it keeps the merry go round greased , time we took a hard look at our judges !

It's got to develop into such a mess at this stage it wouldn't surprise me if they are under no illusions that they cant give sentences as the numbers of scumbags that would need to be sent away by far exceeds the amount of space they have for them.....I'd say there's pressure form powers that be/prison system etc to not sentence.....

This bullshit has been slowly brewing since the 60s or before....I remember my father talking about a gard he used to hurl with up the phoenix park even then disheartened by scumbags getting out laughing after being caught red-handed for burglary and just receiving a slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I feel sorry for this lady, time was unfortunates like her were placed in institutions, apparently the compassionate thing to do nowadays is to leave her in the streets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭beeker1

Just look at "the boy" who I could name & whose "daddy" was done for robbing a doctor at knife point , will be eligible for parole after an offensive short period, what about that beautiful women's family, what a slap , its disgusting!

Advertisement