Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,042 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

downcow wrote: »
    If it is a competition nationalists win this summers most disgusting fire, I think the nationalists win easily

I say otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

If it is a competition nationalists win this summers most disgusting fire, I think the nationalists win easily

True enough, nothing I saw in photos of the summers 12th bonfires was quite as bad as the nationalist bonfire in Newry the other evening. And when it comes to links with ex paramilitaries, and attending commemorations to same, the shinners win hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Re the Stephen Carroll one what is the word above his name? I can’t make it out. Also saw one with Ronan Kerr’s name on it. Think it was in Londonderry.

It’s hardly surprising the police in Norn Iron has bother recruiting from within the catholic community. It seems they couldn’t continue to live within their own areas as Irish republicans would target and murder them, yet it appears joyriders and lowlife types who torture their own community with various shades of anti social behaviour are tolerated. For example nationalist west Belfast has been a joyriding Mecca for as many years as I can remember. Who would want to live in a place like that and raise kids?.Tis a strange world we live in at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

It's not really a competition though is it downcow?

Safe to say your disgusting true colours coming through again now your little posse are here to back you up

• Registered Users Posts: 67,395 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

gwalk wrote: »
    It's not really a competition though is it downcow?

Safe to say your disgusting true colours coming through again now your little posse are here to back you up

It is disgusting that there are people here treating it like a competition.

It is all equally wrong.

Get your political representatives to condemn it all equally and work against it.

*And selfies with burning flags behind you and welcoming the withdrawal under fire of the police, as a political representative, is NOT working against it happening btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

And we are seriously considering uniting the Island ??

No outrage from the Jaffas€—

Jaffas?

timthumbni wrote: »
    No outrage from the Jaffas€—

Jaffas?

Figure it out.... or was education not provided on your side of the fence?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,042 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It is disgusting that there are people here treating it like a competition.

It is all equally wrong.

Get your political representatives to condemn it all equally and work against it.

*And selfies with burning flags behind you and welcoming the withdrawal under fire of the police, as a political representative, is NOT working against it happening btw.

I wonder if the dup ones posing under a banner in Derry apologise after someone else did recently

knipex wrote: »
    And we are seriously considering uniting the Island ??
    Do not worry, it will never be United. We will not want the cost and trouble of the extremists on both sides up there down here.

• Advertisement

So using derogatory terms for unionists was part of your education? That explains it I suppose.

timthumbni wrote: »

So using derogatory terms for unionists was part of your education? That explains it I suppose.

Pretend selective outrage again I see for the unionist side

FYI a lot of my good friends are protestants and unionist, they don't get half as offended as weirdos like you do over the word

FYI a lot of my good friends are protestants and unionist, they don't get half as offended as weirdos like you do over the word

Yeah yeah..I suppose it is better that calling them black bas..rds like some people call them.

janfebmar wrote: »

Yeah yeah..I suppose it is better that calling them black bas..rds like some people call them.

Yeah yeah?

Didnt realise you were an expert on my circle of friends

Strange little weirdo you are indeed

You are consistently the only poster on here that uses that term jan. Not the first time I have had to say it to you.

You are consistently the only poster on here that uses that term jan. Not the first time I have had to say you.

Surely not... you mean Jan has been found out again

Well I for one am shocked at such developments

It is one of her debating strategies...such has she has any.

She will put words into your mouth and then later claim earnestly that you said them.

Not sure who she thinks she fools doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

She will put words into your mouth and then later claim earnestly that you said them.

Francie you're such a poor loser,janfebmar consistently picks your verbal skullduggery apart and you normally end up falling off your extremist soap box,this happens even when your mates are backing you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

RobMc59 wrote: »

Francie you're such a poor loser,janfebmar consistently picks your verbal skullduggery apart and you normally end up falling off your extremist soap box,this happens even when your mates are backing you up.

Without defending Francie too much, as I regularly disagree with him myself, if you genuinely think Jan has ever picked anything beyond her nose, you clearly have very low standards. Jan cant keep track of her own logic, let alone pick apart others.

Hardly surprised that you find it impressive mind...

Given you consistently agree with janfebmar's legendary delusions and cut and paste selective history, that is no surprise Rob.

• Advertisement

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Without defending Francie too much, as I regularly disagree with him myself, if you genuinely think Jan has ever picked anything beyond her nose, you clearly have very low standards. Jan cant keep track of her own logic, let alone pick apart others.

I have no problem with robust debate and counter arguments to my own. But this particular poster, (jan) regularly lies and mis-represents what is said. And Rob, regularly aids and abets it. Most recently lying about what I said about helping those who say they 'couldn't live in a UI'.

Rob cheerleaded janfebmar turning that into me suggesting 'ethnic cleansing'. Disgusting debating tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭endainoz

Jan still didn't answer the question, says it all really. I think it might be time to leave this thread alone. The 12th seems like ages ago now, loyalists still have to power to keep police away but they have no problem breaking up a nationalist bonfires.

Here's a novel idea; maybe there should be no bonfire whatsoever, anywhere. Out of interest, genuine question here. When did these fires actually start? Clearly they weren't always mountains of pallets and tyres when they began but how far back can they be traced? And also out of interest, did these fires exist before Independence and if so where did they take place? It's something I never have seen in history but it would be interesting to know.

endainoz wrote: »
    Jan still didn't answer the question, says it all really. I think it might be time to leave this thread alone. The 12th seems like ages ago now, loyalists still have to power to keep police away but they have no problem breaking up a nationalist bonfires.

Here's a novel idea; maybe there should be no bonfire whatsoever, anywhere. Out of interest, genuine question here. When did these fires actually start? Clearly they weren't always mountains of pallets and tyres when they began but how far back can they be traced? And also out of interest, did these fires exist before Independence and if so where did they take place? It's something I never have seen in history but it would be interesting to know.

Both sides are required to stop it and both sides political representatives have to be front and centre being seen to be against it. In any normal, inclusive society this would be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭downcow

You are consistently the only poster on here that uses that term jan. Not the first time I have had to say it to you.

Are you suggesting you you don’t know the unionists in ni are not very reguarally referred to as black b......s?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭endainoz

downcow wrote:
    Are you suggesting you you don’t know the unionists in ni are not very reguarally referred to as black b......s?

They are or they aren't? That post hurt my brain to read.

Fionn1952 wrote: »

I have no problem with robust debate and counter arguments to my own. But this particular poster, (jan) regularly lies and mis-represents what is said. And Rob, regularly aids and abets it. Most recently lying about what I said about helping those who say they 'couldn't live in a UI'.

Rob cheerleaded janfebmar turning that into me suggesting 'ethnic cleansing'. Disgusting debating tbh.
    I'm surprised you have resorted to whinging because you've been knocked off your soap box consistently by janfebmar and it's easy to accuse people of things when you know full well the posts have been removed-rather a shabby tactic for you to use francie,egged on by your acolytes.

The only person using that term here is Jan.

I'm surprised you have resorted to whinging because you've been knocked off your soap box consistently by janfebmar and it's easy to accuse people of things when you know full well the posts have been removed-rather a shabby tactic for you to use francie,egged on by your acolytes.

I 'removed' posts?

The tinfoil hat has been put on now I see. No surprise, janfebmar is infamous for accusing another poster of editing her post. Hilarious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭downcow

endainoz wrote: »

They were first lit to help williamiteships navigate Ulster waters. They were then lit across the country in 1690 to celebrate the williamite (democracy) victory over James (total authority of the king). In other words to welcome a more democratic way forward.
    They have been lit in Protestant areas annually for hundreds of years.
    In any other country in the world they would be seen as a valuable bit of history worth protecting and supporting

• Advertisement

I 'removed' posts?

The tinfoil hat has been put on now I see. No surprise, janfebmar is infamous for accusing another poster of editing her post. Hilarious stuff.
    At no time have I said you removed or did anything to posts,I think posts were removed by mods and I stated that at the time-stop trying to play the victim francie,

Advertisement