Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,150 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I see where the British prime minister Boris Johnson in response to a question was unable to say how many counties there are in Northern Ireland and could only name one, Londonderry! And the loyalists /DUP think this guy will look after them!

Seriously? Have you a link Dan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I see where the British prime minister Boris Johnson in response to a question was unable to say how many counties there are in Northern Ireland and could only name one, Londonderry! And the loyalists /DUP think this guy will look after them!

Seriously? Have you a link Dan?
    it was on tv the other night, one of those independent channels I think called ETV+

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭downcow

gwalk wrote: »
    Couldn't even name a real place ��

Londonderry is a myth, its Derry

The irony in these two statements is humorous if not a little shocking

I seen the police are out in force to help contractors remove an anti-interment bonfire in Belfast. Pity they don't enforce such actions on the 11th night bonfire's instead of letting the bully boys win.

Maybe the difference is that SF and SDLP want the bonfire's gone

They dare not touch these but
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/tyres-pile-up-as-talks-over-contentious-bonfire-in-the-bogside-go-on-38384665.html

Just wee toe rags building the bonfire that the community there don't want but the police handling is very telling. Where they said they could not guarantee the contractors safety on the days leading to the 11th but can today.

You might have to withdraw that statement in the same way as the PSNI have just withdrawn
    https://www.thejournal.ie/police-belfast-anti-internment-bonfire-4757312-Aug2019/?utm_source=shortlink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,061 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

downcow wrote: »

Another bonfire not wanted by the majority of the community and wee toe rags will be at the cause of it.

downcow wrote: »
    You might have to withdraw that statement in the same way as the PSNI have just withdrawn
    https://www.thejournal.ie/police-belfast-anti-internment-bonfire-4757312-Aug2019/?utm_source=shortlink

With drawn now they got their headlines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

it was on tv the other night, one of those independent channels I think called ETV+

Have googled your claim that Boris only could name one Irish county, there is no proof or mention of that on the interwebs that I can see.

I can only conclude it is fake news as if it happened others would have commented on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Nal wrote: »

No point posting that, that is below the threshold for those who blissfully think the GFA cured all this. Like the British famously had 'an acceptable level of violence' so too do they.

• Advertisement

janfebmar wrote: »

Have googled your claim that Boris only could name one Irish county, there is no proof or mention of that on the interwebs that I can see.

I can only conclude it is fake news as if it happened others would have commented on it.
    I don’t care what you conclude I can only go on what I saw on TV. You seem surprised that he wouldn't know much about North, seriously! You think any of his predecessors knew much more about the place?

I don’t care what you conclude I can only go on what I saw on TV. You seem surprised that he wouldn't know much about North, seriously! You think any of his predecessors knew much more about the place?

Sure look at the last NI secretary she did not know much about NI when she was appointed.

"I freely admit that when I started this job, I didn't understand some of the deep-seated and deep-rooted issues that there are in Northern Ireland," she said.

"I didn't understand things like when elections are fought for example in Northern Ireland, people who are nationalists don't vote for unionist parties and vice-versa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Kill all huns (Protestants) , 18 Brits were blown to bits haha, stabbings, petrol bombs etc etc.

I seem to remember a poster on here full of bum and bluster about how young nationalists were all into education, travel and Gaelic games.

Did the wans in newry, new lodge and Londonderry not get the memo?

Sure look at the last NI secretary she did not know much about NI when she was appointed.

"I freely admit that when I started this job, I didn't understand some of the deep-seated and deep-rooted issues that there are in Northern Ireland," she said.

"I didn't understand things like when elections are fought for example in Northern Ireland, people who are nationalists don't vote for unionist parties and vice-versa
    Sure the young fella that was there before her said he couldn't get over the fact that Dublin was less than 2 hours drive from Belfast! The British government don't even bother sending these gems on a two day course before sending them over!

timthumbni wrote: »
    Kill all huns (Protestants) , 18 Brits were blown to bits haha, stabbings, petrol bombs etc etc.

I seem to remember a poster on here full of bum and bluster about how young nationalists were all into education, travel and Gaelic games.

Did the wans in newry, new lodge and Londonderry not get the memo?

Difference is most nationalist communities don't want these bonfire's and political entity will not attend.

11th night bonfire's full of hate and unionist communities see it as their culture with political entity defending them and welcoming them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Difference is most nationalist communities don't want these bonfire's and political entity will not attend.

11th night bonfire's full off hate and unionist communities see it as their culture with political entity defending them and welcoming them

You had a DUP politician taking a selfie with her partner as the tricolour was burning on the bonfire. Funny enough Unionist politician twitter accounts go very quiet in July before the 12th.

Here’s the full quote, for accuracy.

I didn’t understand things like when elections are fought for example in Northern Ireland - people who are nationalists don’t vote for unionist parties and vice-versa.

“So, the parties fight for the election within their own community. Actually, the unionist parties fight the elections against each other in unionist communities and nationalists in nationalist communities.

“That’s a very different world from the world I came from where in Staffordshire Moorlands I was fighting a Labour-held seat as a Conservative politician and I was trying to put forward why you would want to switch from voting Labour to voting Conservative.

“That is so incredibly different and it’s when you realise that, and you see that, that you can then start to understand some of the things that the politicians say and some of the rhetoric.”

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/uk-regions/northern-ireland/news/98027/karen-bradley-i-did-not-know-people-northern-ireland

I wouldn't be in slightest surprised that he said it. This was the Foreign Secretary that thought the border was similar to the one between Islington and Camden or some other London suburbs.

Yet they appear to have no problem attending events that glorify terrorist murderers.

Your fellow Londondoire woman in particular has been filmed in recent days dancing around the street like an embarrassing drunk uncle at a wedding and then roaring our day will come about 20 times to a rather morally bankrupt crowd of republican idiots in Strabane.

Just watching these violent Irish republicans from the new lodge on the news now. Oh dear. At least 3 stabbed apparently. Remind me not to stay in an air bnb there anyway. Very stabby.

I see the ones on here who were very vocal about the peelers leaving the loyalist bonfire in east Belfast alone are now very quiet. Very telling.

• Advertisement

Just watching these violent Irish republicans from the new lodge on the news now. Oh dear. At least 3 stabbed apparently. Remind me not to stay in an air bnb there anyway. Very stabby.

I see the ones on here who were very vocal about the peelers leaving the loyalist bonfire in east Belfast alone are now very quiet. Very telling.

Poster suddenly appears on thread when there is much smaller scale reactionary bonfire by themuns to complain about it being 'quiet'. :)

I already condemned this expression of violence before it inevitably happened. As have political representatives who were not gloating when the police pulled back nor have selfies taken with flags burning behind them.

Yet they appear to have no problem attending events that glorify terrorist murderers.

Your fellow Londondoire woman in particular has been filmed in recent days dancing around the street like an embarrassing drunk uncle at a wedding and then roaring our day will come about 20 times to a rather morally bankrupt crowd of republican idiots in Strabane.

Well said. She was pathetic to see. And do not be annoyed at Francie complaining you suddenly appear, it would be worse if you were on these threads 100 hours a week like poor Francie seems to be.

No comebacks about politicians and bonfires so goal posts are moved again i see

No comebacks about politicians and bonfires so goal posts are moved again i see

Any comebacks about politicians attending events honouring dead paramilitaries I wonder?

Any comebacks about politicians attending events honouring dead paramilitaries I wonder?

I don't think she made a statement after the event at the Carson statue.

202816637-808e703f-e65a-46f6-8372-e088014d9ea4.jpg

I think you will find he was more of a politician than a terrorist, and he never fired a gun or exploded a bomb.
    Nice try at whataboutery and deflection though, you only had to go back to a person of a century ago. What about more modern times?

I think you will find he was more of a politician than a terrorist, and he never fired a gun or exploded a bomb.
    Nice try at whataboutery and deflection though, you only had to go back to a person of a century ago. What about more modern times?

peter-robinson-caught-on-camera-in-late-1984-during-a-visit-to-the-israel-lebanon-border-with-an-automatic-assault-rifle.png

1445.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&

peter-robinson-caught-on-camera-in-late-1984-during-a-visit-to-the-israel-lebanon-border-with-an-automatic-assault-rifle.png

1445.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&
    A photo taken on a foreign holiday does not count Francie. I had a photo taken when I held the wheel of a formula one sports car once when on holiday too, and in a pilot's seat , that does not make me a racing driver or a pilot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

No outrage from the Jaffas about the carry on in Tullyally, Co Derry??

Imagine my shock at their selective outrage 🀗

• Advertisement

What like a loyalist UDA commander complaining abort Arlene ruining his street cred and all

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45437388

Or the fact she was meeting loyalist members even giving lots of money via Stormont.

Or Arlene again meeting a UDA leader after a murder

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/11/arlene-fosters-stance-on-paramilitary-groups-brought-into-question

Advertisement