Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

GHISLAINE MAXWELL !!!!! She was the organiser and also sexually assaulted many of the girls herself!

There's also Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, and Prince Andrew.

whether you consider sex with a 13 year as paedophilia or not it is beyond the pale. witness statement of somebody who accused both epstein and trump of raping her.

https://twitter.com/Martina/status/1267143029640646663

Why is this on a paid service? Not Anonymous' style at all. Also why is there no date on the first page? If the date of this was before Trump ran for election I would be much more inclined to believe it was possibly genuine.

Are lawsuits secret in the US?

There's also Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, and Prince Andrew.

True, but I'd reverse the order there. Trump is only tenuously linked to Epstein unlike the two others who are up to their eyeballs with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

True, but I'd reverse the order there. Trump is only tenuously linked to Epstein unlike the two others who are up to their eyeballs with him.

trump was named as a co-defendent in a lawsuit taken by a woman that was raped by both trump and epstein while she was 13. the link is not tenuous.

trump was named as a co-defendent in a lawsuit taken by a woman that was raped by both trump and epstein while she was 13. the link is not tenuous.

I was just reading the document and that was thrown out of court. Trump's name was added to the lawsuit at the last minute. Not saying it isn't possible, but on a scale of evidence, where there is
    • Video footage of Prince Andrew with Epstein after he was released from prison
    • closing the door to Epstein's mansion after seeing out a very young woman
    • Photographic evidence of him with Virginia Giuffre
    • An eyewitness account of him on the island with Virginia Giuffre where she was topless and he was grinding against her by the pool

As for Clinton
    • He flew to the island 27 times according to the flight records,
    • The same eyewitness saw him at the house several times

I don't care about the politics one way or another, maybe Trump was up to his eyes with Epstein too, but if he was, he covered his tracks remarkably well for such a recognisable figure.

• Advertisement

I was just reading the document and that was thrown out of court. Trump's name was added to the lawsuit at the last minute. Not saying it isn't possible, but on a scale of evidence, where there is
    • Video footage of Prince Andrew with Epstein after he was released from prison and closing the door to Epstein's mansion after seeing out a very young woman,
    • Photographic evidence of him with Virginia Giuffre
    • An eyewitness account of him on the island with Virginia Giuffre where she was topless and he was grinding against her by the pool

As for Clinton
    • He flew to the island 27 times according to the flight records,
    • The same eyewitness saw him at the house several times

I don't care about the politics one way or another, maybe Trump was up to his eyes with Epstein too, but if he was, he covered his tracks remarkably well for such a recognisable figure.

he covered his tracks by settling out of court multiple times.

he covered his tracks by settling out of court multiple times.

So not one of his accusers were prepared to take him on in court? Why would that be? They weren't afraid of Harvey Weinstein. Or Brett Kavanaugh. Or hundreds of others.

Settling out of court would be the sensible thing to do whether you were guilty or innocent in these cases. The whole legal system in Ireland works like that here. If you ever had an insurance claim you will know this. I'm sure the US is no different.

Let's see what Joe Biden does with Tara Reade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Darc19 wrote: »
    I watched it.

I found most of the "victims" were honest with what they said. Didn't find Virginia Roberts coming across as honest. She came across as someone who wanted to "punish" anyone and everyone and not take any responsibility herself. Definitely searching for a big payday.

I thought the calling of people as "survivors" very much tabloidesque.

Definitely a weirdo and sex fiend and guilty of everything laid against him, but is pedophile the right accusation?
    That would suggest he meddled with young kids under 13.

There's another name for those who target teens which would be more legally correct.

I don't buy into any conspiracy about his death. His whole life was about teen girls and that was over, so what was the point in staying around.

I watched the first episode and decided it was rubbish for the tabloid-esque narrative.

It relied on emotional manipulation of the viewer in order to bolster the stories of the so-called "survivors", with two particular techniques that stood out;

(1) Showing a photo of one woman when she was no more than 10 years old as she described her experience, despite the fact she was 16 (and claiming to be 18, if asked) when her story happened.

(2) One girl introducing her background as being into drink and smoking weed and being raped before she spoke of her experience with Epstein. While that is **** for her, her background story was not Epstein's fault but this back story was included in the documentary in order to make the viewer have sympathy for her and therefore whatever she says happened with Epstein must be necessarily awful.

As a result, I felt that the stories of the victims were purposely dressed up as the reality appeared to be that, while he was a creep, there weren't a whole lot of crimes in any of the stories told in the first episode.

For every young woman speaking in the first episode, they seemed to volunteer to massage a rich guy for a few hundred dollars and none of them said anything about being forced to do anything, just about being uncomfortable. Their friends told them about the job and they willingly went but the way their stories are portrayed it was as if they had no idea what was happening despite being old enough. They basically reduced themselves to having no ability to make any decision for themselves. It was a bit ironic that the first girl was obsessed with painting naked women when she was a young artist and then a later survivor's story told of her unpleasant feeling at seeing drawings of naked women on the walls of Epstein's mansion.

I mean it's Netflix so I didn't have much hope for it to be partial but I was hoping to get a better insight into actual crimes rather than how much of a creep he was as I'm not overly familiar with the story of Epstein.

So not one of his accusers were prepared to take him on in court? Why would that be? They weren't afraid of Harvey Weinstein. Or Brett Kavanaugh. Or hundreds of others.

Settling out of court would be the sensible thing to do whether you were guilty or innocent in these cases. The whole legal system in Ireland works like that here. If you ever had an insurance claim you will know this. I'm sure the US is no different.

they were civil cases not criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

As it stands does he have to do something? Where is it on the road map of these things?

• Advertisement

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    As it stands does he have to do something? Where is it on the road map of these things?

I don't think the law is involved in any way yet.

Back on topic - what astonished me was the unbelievable plea deal that Epstein got considering the weight of evidence against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Is there any good link with the settlements Trump made in relation to sexual assault accusations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Treppen

Back on topic - what astonished me was the unbelievable plea deal that Epstein got considering the weight of evidence against him.

It's obvious he was connected.
    But how?

Treppen wrote: »
    It's obvious he was connected.
    But how?

We were none the wiser after the documentary. Considering the way all the major US networks and the representatives at both sides of the aisle dropped this story like a hot potato it goes deep. See how ABC quashed the story : https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-06/us-broadcaster-abc-news-reporters-story-about-epstein-was-kill/11675820

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Treppen

We were none the wiser after the documentary. Considering the way all the major US networks and the representatives at both sides of the aisle dropped this story like a hot potato it goes deep. See how ABC quashed the story : https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-06/us-broadcaster-abc-news-reporters-story-about-epstein-was-kill/11675820

really there was nothing new in the documentary. If anything it was closing down the money question by sanitising it into a pervy Jeffry expose.
    Gislane came off pretty ok too by all accounts, no mention of Robert Maxwell's iss dealings or Jeffries links to Israel prime minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Reports in the last hour that Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested by the FBI.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PixieValentine

Reports in the last hour that Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested by the FBI.

Wow. Finally. Fantastic news!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Will her nationality (British) cause any complications for the FBI?

She might be subject to different rules as a non-American

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

Nah, gravity and rope have the same effects on Brits as anyone else..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

She might be subject to different rules as a non-American

Or that her father was Mossad.

Plot twist, this only happened a few days ago.

"Attorneys representing Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre must destroy evidence from her case against Ghislaine Maxwell"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8483209/Attorneys-representing-Virginia-Giuffre-ordered-destroy-evidence.html

Plot twist, this only happened a few days ago.

"Attorneys representing Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre must destroy evidence from her case against Ghislaine Maxwell"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8483209/Attorneys-representing-Virginia-Giuffre-ordered-destroy-evidence.html

that has no effect on any criminal case.

that has no effect on any criminal case.

I never said it had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

This development could bring down celebrities and politicians, especially in an election year.

Unfortunately I'd fear for her. Faulty brakes, overdose, etc.

I never said it had.

i know

• Registered Users Posts: 19,023 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This development could bring down celebrities and politicians, especially in an election year.

Unfortunately I'd fear for her. Faulty brakes, overdose, etc.

I think they need to put her in the cell they made for Magneto...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Wonder if she’ll dish the dirt and claim she was a victim too for a deal. Hope she names names and points to damning evidence.

• Advertisement

Wasn't she supposed to be hiding out in France or something? Then she turns up in New Hampshire and is arrested.
    Maybe she made a deal...

Advertisement