Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Maybe take it to a different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Boards.ie Now Your Moaning .... :pac:

Why are you only replying to Leggo and now Davy05? Have you even read any of thebostoncrab's very valid points?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Adiboo wrote: »
    Why are you only replying to Leggo and now Davy05? Have you even read any of thebostoncrab's very valid points?

I did. I thanked his post. I even mentioned it in #613. Didn't see that did you? ;)
    But you wanna play that game? well then lets play that game... who are you mister johnny come lately to tell me who to get back to? I got to so many before. Didnt see that too did you?
    In fact, what right does anyone have to inform people to get back to each other? If I said it to you, you'd be like "hold on, what right do you have"

See Adiboo. Playing games to validate your point is fun isn't it :pac: All sh*e that a 5 year old can see through but fun :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I am willing to air on the side of this just being someones opinion on an issue, that perhaps they are not well enough educated on, getting a big reaction and that person then getting a little defensive about said opinion. I don't believe any moderation is necessarily needed here but please BA take note of what people like TBC, as someone who has first hand experience, has said because as if you do perhaps you may notice how the way you are describing a person who suffers from bi-polar, and how they should act is not ideal. Everyone else please ensure (not that I am saying you guys haven't) that nothing gets personal here, attack the post not the poster is an often heard mantra on boards and although I don't believe you need "attack" anything within our peaceful PW community it is worth noting.

As is the fact that we are extremely lax with the *NO CHAT* rule on this thread, but that could change (feel free to act other perhaps more active atm mods if you wish).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

By way of Forbes, WWE Is Reportedly Considering A Mass Release Of Superstars For Early 2020.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoestriecher/2019/11/29/wwe-is-reportedly-considering-a-mass-release-of-superstars-for-early-2020/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ahead of Royal Rumble?
    I'm sure AEW will be putting out feelers, which I'm they already have, but they'd want to be careful not to go the TNA route. TNA would hire former WWE guys and put them ahead of their home grown guys which naturally didn't go down well.
    I'd say WWE will be really selective in who they let go. Like can't see AEW rushing to sign No Way Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They're due a purge. They have a crazy amount of wrestlers on the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

If they just left the ones that want out of their contracts go, it would clear a lot out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

There is a lot of dead weight on the roster such as The Ascension, EC3, Liv Morgan, Titus O'Neil, Mojo Rawley who have done nothing of note in the past couple of months. I can't imagine AEW would be quick to sign them unless they are looking for jobbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

There is a lot of dead weight on the roster such as The Ascension, EC3, Liv Morgan, Titus O'Neil, Mojo Rawley who have done nothing of note in the past couple of months. I can't imagine AEW would be quick to sign them unless they are looking for jobbers.

Titus has a job for life with all the charity work he does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,774 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Didnt they try and do something with Mojo Rawley but it came to nothing in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

They tried two to three times. The most recent was the whole talking in the mirror and wearing face paint. I don't think most of these guys would do well outside of WWE and if there happy not being used and collecting a check, WWE got enough in the bank to cover it, let em stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    By way of Forbes, WWE Is Reportedly Considering A Mass Release Of Superstars For Early 2020.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoestriecher/2019/11/29/wwe-is-reportedly-considering-a-mass-release-of-superstars-for-early-2020/

This won't happen. They would be afraid of their ****e that AEW or NJPW will pick people up and actually use them properly.

WWE are in the business of signing people to not use them so that other people can't use them either. A couple of hundred thousand spent a year to keep the latest hot indie guy wrestling Damien Priest for 2 years on NXT is better than either of them becoming a big deal elsewhere.

Denial signings all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mojo might actually do well down south since he is Southern boy who comes from Friday Night Lights sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

Mojo might actually do well down south since he is Southern boy who comes from Friday Night Lights sports.

Mojo is by all accounts a nice guy but he is only in WWE because he is friends with Gronk.

Once that angle ended in a predictable wet fart he was just chucked into the WWE Catering Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

randomspud wrote: »
    Mojo is by all accounts a nice guy but he is only in WWE because he is friends with Gronk.

Once that angle ended in a predictable wet fart he was just chucked into the WWE Catering Division.

He’s half Syrian and speaks fluent Arabic so he’s handy to keep around for guest appearances and PR events too. They won’t let him go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Didn't he sign a 5 year deal a few months ago?

EC3 is keeping himself occupied...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

J. Marston wrote: »
    EC3 is keeping himself occupied...

Well, that's embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭ThePott

Is he hoping to be released with this stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Jordynne Grace called out Sandman on twitter for being, well....Sandman. He mouthed off at a show about women shouldn't be main eventing but I'm not sure who is worse; him, the promoter for letting him in the building or Grace for using it for a cheap hit on Twitter.

Starrcade was a bit of disaster by all accounts

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Starrcade was a bit of disaster by all accounts

Haven't been on Twitter yet today. What did we miss?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Haven't been on Twitter yet today. What did we miss?

Nothing. As expected it was a glorified house show, no title changes or much to note.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

havent seen anything about it on twitter just assumed no one watched it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think there were some Network issues too, where they had to switch the feed over to Youtube for a bit too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Apparently the main event wasn't broadcast, and a Last Man Standing match was changed to a regular 1-on-1 match. :eek:

3/4 empty, Matches advertised didn't happen, the Network feed cut out and didn't show some matches Lashley vs Rusev was to happen until Lashley and Lana came out and said it won't be happening because of the restraining order and laughed at the fans as Lashley had is hand raised as the winner due to restraining order.

Also Aleister Black beat Andrade followed by Rick O Shea beating Andrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Apparently the main event wasn't broadcast, and a Last Man Standing match was changed to a regular 1-on-1 match. :eek:

The last man standing match between Rusev and Lashley was advertised until Lashley came out and Lana talked about the restraining order. Then Owens vs Lashley happened instead which ended in a quick DQ after Rusev ran in ignoring the restraining order gimmick anyway.
    A storyline written by morons enjoyed by absolute morons.

• Advertisement

A guy on Reddit who has been occasionally spoiling what happens on Raw before it airs over the last month or so has claimed tonight's Raw is one of the worst in recent memory. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Advertisement