Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    A guy on Reddit who has been occasionally spoiling what happens on Raw before it airs over the last month or so has claimed tonight's Raw is one of the worst in recent memory. Take that for whatever it's worth.

i find it hard to believe this

mainly due to the time lets face it no way that show has gone through vince ripping it up and starting again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sky88 wrote: »
    i find it hard to believe this

mainly due to the time lets face it no way that show has gone through vince ripping it up and starting again

He claims that one of the segments is
    "Rusev attacks Lashley while cops are protecting Lana. Lashley yells at cops, gets pushed into a cop, and gets arrested."

So we'll see. Maybe that was a pre-recorded bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

A guy on Reddit who has been occasionally spoiling what happens on Raw before it airs over the last month or so has claimed tonight's Raw is one of the worst in recent memory. Take that for whatever it's worth.

You can claim that every Monday and always be right.

"Rusev attacks Lashley while cops are protecting Lana. Lashley yells at cops, gets pushed into a cop, and gets arrested."

so the same as last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

On Lilian Garcia podcast, Ciampa says that he would retire if he has to go to main roster.

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1156462-tommaso-ciampa-stay-wwe-nxt-lilian-garcia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What was the main event meant to be in Starrcade?
    Owens came out and basically spoke for the fans in saying no one cares about the storyline. He also brought up Lana no longer having a Russian accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

On Lilian Garcia podcast, Ciampa says that he would retire if he has to go to main roster.

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1156462-tommaso-ciampa-stay-wwe-nxt-lilian-garcia

Did he miss this happening?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

ERG89 wrote: »
    Did he miss this happening?? :rolleyes:

Did you read the article? It covers this very thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/12/andrade-and-charlotte-flair-file-to-trademark-non-wwe-names-662980/

An interesting story about Charlotte flair and Andrade. They have filed trademarks for non wwe names. Charlotte is looking to trademark "the queen of wrestling" and "Ashley flair"

Now it could be seen several ways but the Ashley flair one is probably similar to how ric has ric flair trademarked as the actual spelling of his and Charlottes last name is Fliehr not flair. But no doubt it will set tongues wagging about why they did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/12/andrade-and-charlotte-flair-file-to-trademark-non-wwe-names-662980/

An interesting story about Charlotte flair and Andrade. They have filed trademarks for non wwe names. Charlotte is looking to trademark "the queen of wrestling" and "Ashley flair"

Now it could be seen several ways but the Ashley flair one is probably similar to how ric has ric flair trademarked as the actual spelling of his and Charlottes last name is Fliehr not flair. But no doubt it will set tongues wagging about why they did it.

I'd Guarentee she's looking to branch into acting and this allows her to keep the famous last name without stepping on wwe's toes. Like when hulk acted as Terry "hulk" hogan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brodie Lee trademarked as well by Luke Harper in the last few days.

i dont know why all wrestlers dont trademark there non wwe names straight away especially when there on the indies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

To be fair - this was pretty spot on!

I'll spoiler this signing in case they turn out to be a surprise Royal Rumble entrant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'll spoiler this signing in case they turn out to be a surprise Royal Rumble entrant

Love Punk's reply to
    Morrison
    confirming this on Twitter, he's completely correct.

Just saw that. But while looking on Punk's Twitter, I see he's going to be on Backstage next week and he replied with "C U Next Tuesday."
    Not very PG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭ThePott

Would have been nice if he actually had been a surprise Rumble entrant instead of being announced like that. WWE ruin some of their best moments nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Wouldn't be surprised if he's gonna be on Smackdown and fox wanted it announced on their show and probably bring him in for an interview with Punk and Renee.

Big Dave said that 3 weeks ago, of course he makes everything up right?

why do you defend him so much like no one says hes wrong all the time there critical of how he reports stuff and rightly so. pwinisder reported it first i think as well

• Advertisement

pwinsider gets everything from Dave. I think he gets an unfair slant around here from a few posters that's all.

pwinsider gets everything from Dave. I think he gets an unfair slant around here from a few posters that's all.

i do think he brings a lot of that on himself with stuff he says and clear bias he has that he constantly denies and stories he seems to ignore like the ROH mess

Big Dave said WWE were extremely interested in bringing Enzo and Cass back. HHH shut him down a day later.

Big Dave also said Harper was finished on WWE TV. Harper appeared on PPV a few days later.

Big Dave also said Rollins led a speech to wrestlers that was poorly received. Rollins shut him down and Meltzer had to apologise for blatantly lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I think like most things, it good to take Dave reports with a pinch of salt. Check other sources and wait and see what happens. It also doesn't really matter. Does it really impact your life if Dave says, wrestler X is going to win a belt, or this PPV is going to be called this and it turns out to be wrong?

jface187 wrote: »
    I think like most things, it good to take Dave reports with a pinch of salt. Check other sources and wait and see what happens. It also doesn't really matter. Does it really impact your life if Dave says, wrestler X is going to win a belt, or this PPV is going to be called this and it turns out to be wrong?

I've said it before but Meltzer lying isn't what bothers me. This is wrestling, I don't expect or want Watergate levels of investigative journalism.

It's the cult he inspires that annoy me. Star ratings and his opinions are treated like the sacred text by a large contingent of online fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I've said it before but Meltzer lying isn't what bothers me. This is wrestling, I don't expect or want Watergate levels of investigative journalism.

It's the cult he inspires that annoy me. Star ratings and his opinions are treated like the sacred text by a large contingent of online fans.

Sense being talked here. If he was laid back and was like “look lads it’s only wrestling come on, nobody is perfect” it’d be fine. But he doesn’t help himself by banging on about when he was right when it’s totally uncalled for and still questionable (like with Roman Reigns’ cancer), when he backs down from apologies (like with Peyton Royce), when he acts cocky before being proven wrong (like with Seth Rollins) or when he’s just a patronising dick to fans who question him on Twitter as if all of the above haven’t happened in recent memory alone. He doesn’t help himself. If he’s going to be wrong a lot, he needs to stop perpetuating this unlikeable, invincible air he’s going for or people calling him out is inevitable.

You can be a good journalist and get stuff wrong (though most professionals source correctly and don’t rush to print to avoid this). You can talk a lot of sense and have well-formed opinions, in that case admitting you’re wrong actually adds to your credibility because it shows you’re more committed to truth than your own ego. Two things that will never marry and always grate are claiming that you’re perfect and being very imperfect in practise. Even in his apology to Rollins when he spoke of “always” admitting when he got it wrong, it came across laughable, because if you know one thing about him it’s likely that admitting he’s wrong is an absolute last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mike Johnson was reporting that news in September.
    Morrison
    denied it on twitter at the time but Johnson has been proven right.

Big Dave said WWE were extremely interested in bringing Enzo and Cass back. HHH shut him down a day later.

Big Dave also said Harper was finished on WWE TV. Harper appeared on PPV a few days later.

Big Dave also said Rollins led a speech to wrestlers that was poorly received. Rollins shut him down and Meltzer had to apologise for blatantly lying.

He said Harper wanted out, which he obviously does. It was actually Enzo who told Dave WWE called him, so he got worked, but didn't make it up. And about 5 people told him about the speech that were there and then changed their story.

99% of the HOTNEWZSCOOPZ sites get their stuff from the observer, if it wasn't for him there wouldn't be much news at all.

His star ratings are his opinion, and are just there to give you an idea of how good a match is, nothing more.

To call him a liar is just silly. Flair, JR, Austin, Bret Hart, Funk, Jericho, Omega, who are the biggest stars you could possibly think of don't think he's a liar and speak extremely highly of him all the time.

So whatever.

It's not as if he's Brad Shepard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

This is an argument you’re having with yourself lad. :pac:

You came in hot like, “Everyone here thinks this about Meltzer” unprompted. Then people corrected you with what they actually (and are allowed to) think. Then you got a list of things he’d said would happen that didn’t. Then said that he didn’t lie and he’s not a liar. But all people have pointed out is bad stories he reported, and that’s factual. The stuff he said happened...didn’t. There’s no counterpoint. It didn’t happen, simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Considering the business is one of deception I think Meltzer or other reporters (e.g. Keller) getting worked happens quite often. Hell, Taz admitted on his podcast once that promotions would sometimes intentionally leak stuff to throw people off. If anything Meltzer probably gets info from a bad source and speculates based on it as opposed to outright lie.

Advertisement