Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

IWGP champion Kazuchika Okada picked to be one of the relay runners carrying the Olympic Flame through Japan next year. Hopefully will be clear skies on the day for the Rainmaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Actually think AEW needs a guy like Kross and should throw a bit of money his way to get him

with scralett in NXT could see him go that way

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1207421789971910658?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

sky88 wrote: »
    Actually think AEW needs a guy like Kross and should throw a bit of money his way to get him

with scralett in NXT could see him go that way

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1207421789971910658?s=20

I feel like Scarlett and Killer Kross is money wherever they go. But with Scarlett in NXT I could see Kross going to NXT if given an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,774 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This would be brilliant and a win could fit right into a storyline but who the hell knows what is true and not

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwe-hall-of-famer-rumored-for-2020-royal-rumble-appearance

Winner and then put into some sort of triple threat

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Short hair Edge wrestling would just feel.....wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sting saying he could have one more match as well in recent days.

The Saudi money must be really tempting to these guys.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Short hair Edge wrestling would just feel.....wrong.

His hair is really long right now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sting saying he could have one more match as well in recent days.

The Saudi money must be really tempting to these guys.

Did sting have the surgery that edge had ? Sting has what edge has so that's why I ask ?

So sting has said he could have one match recently and edge seems ready to return to the ring if reports are to believed. Has the understanding of spinal stenosis changed to where it's not as career ending then ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So sting has said he could have one match recently and edge seems ready to return to the ring if reports are to believed. Has the understanding of spinal stenosis changed to where it's not as career ending then ?

Edge said on the podcast that basically the spinal stenosis diagnosis changed over the years as they learn more about it and years of no bumps. She Amis has it the last number of years and hasn’t really slowed down

• Advertisement

Edge said on the podcast that basically the spinal stenosis diagnosis changed over the years as they learn more about it and years of no bumps. She Amis has it the last number of years and hasn’t really slowed down

I heard him say that and he made the point that he does all his stunts on Vikings so clearly he’s able to be physical but he also said on his podcast because he said he was asked all the time about a last match and he said he was Medically disqualified by wwe and he’d never be cleared to wrestle( I know he did the spear in Toronto) again.

So okay from 2011 when edge had to retire and he gave the moving speech on raw, you’re saying the knowledge of it has changed where if someone has surgery and had an extended time without bumps in a ring they could be cleared to wrestle again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I kind of hope Edge doesn't come back. Leave the man be, let him enjoy his retirement.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I kind of hope Edge doesn't come back. Leave the man be, let him enjoy his retirement.

Exactly okay he retired from the ring probably before he wanted to but from everything I've seen he's okay with that. He looks like he's got a great life now. He went out on top when he could still go. These returns have a way of tarnishing the legacies these guy had.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I’d say it’s more a case of it coming from himself. His career ended really suddenly. While everything I’ve heard from him through podcasts, interviews etc suggests he’s really grounded and well balanced to cope with something that devastating, you’ve got to consider that for these lads this is the one thing in life they excelled at (not everyone can be The Rock after all). I’d imagine that to go from planning for your last few years and going out on your own terms to having to give it all up overnight would leave a thundering void in your life. He seems to have a good, happy life now, but to get to go back and write things off on his own terms must be damn near irresistible if it’s on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's Saudi money, nothing else. Nothing wrong with that, by that way. I'd be taking every paycheque his Royal Highness threw my way if I was a wrestler.

Jericho said in an interview that he received one of his biggest ever paydays for 5 minutes in the Greatest Royal Rumble. Guys want to get on that train.

HBK came out of retirement in such a farcical way and Daniel Bryan too but obv that was a different story

Sting could probably do a few mins with Taker . There both seniors now and were not expecting a 5 star match

Edge looks in great shape atm (not that he was ever in bad shape to begin with)

Should we set up a new thread for this type of discussion ???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    HBK came out of retirement in such a farcical way and Daniel Bryan too but obv that was a different story

Sting could probably do a few mins with Taker . There both seniors now and were not expecting a 5 star match

Edge looks in great shape atm (not that he was ever in bad shape to begin with)

Should we set up a new thread for this type of discussion ???

No thanks

Sting/The Undertaker is about a decade too late at this stage.

its the kind of thing id know if they showed up in the ring together for a segment id be loving it but theres no need for that match now

Edge shutting down those rumours again.

https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR/status/1208022132577452033
    Still not and still not. Period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Decade is pushing it even. I'd be pretty sad to see it now especially where it would likely be i.e. the place pride goes out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Edge shutting down those rumours again.

https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR/status/1208022132577452033

I don't get why people don't just stay silent on this stuff. Like Morrison denying he was going back. You just lose your credibility.

We all know Edge is coming back. End of.

if Edge is healthy enough im ok with him coming hes still 3 years younger than jericho who shows with the right opponent he can still go often were taker,goldberg etc falls down

Monokne wrote: »
    I don't get why people don't just stay silent on this stuff. Like Morrison denying he was going back. You just lose your credibility.

We all know Edge is coming back. End of.

Put yourself in Edge's place, would you want your Twitter mentions, or phone blowing up with messages every time something like this comes out?

It must be a bit maddening to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They already had a match!

6ms8cgd1fws31.jpg

Put yourself in Edge's place, would you want your Twitter mentions, or phone blowing up with messages every time something like this comes out?

It must be a bit maddening to deal with.

also if hes coming which is a big if im sure he wants it to be a surprise

Jericho for example denied he was coming back every time in wwe and he didnt lose anything even the times we all knew he was lying that he wasnt coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

also if hes coming which is a big if im sure he wants it to be a surprise

Jericho for example denied he was coming back every time in wwe and he didnt lose anything even the times we all knew he was lying that he wasnt coming back

I fully expect that.

But no-one believes his denials and he's just going to prove to be a liar.

Well I believe him, but that's me. Sure his retirement was a downer, but he's made the most of the cards he's been dealt in the 8 years since he had to retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Just curious, would the saudis even know who the hell Taker and Sting are?

They may be awash with money, but they are not stupid either. Getting another match out of HBK is one thing, but I can imagine the crown prince wondering why the **** would I shell out big money to see these 2 OAPs square off in their twilight years.

• Advertisement

Just having Sting and Taker in the ring together would be enough

Taker would be out saying something 'like he beat every big player in the game' etc and Sting appears and they do a stare down etc but then someone like sami zayn comes out and taunts and they both hit there finishers on him and both men embrace ending a once in a lifetime moment

Advertisement