Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Heh, I just gave a rendition of Wonderwall in the pub after my local GAA team won a League Title this afternoon.

All I was thinking about throughout was would Rikand approve :pac:

I need to get at least 5 places above Mollyb60 ;) ezpz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I can't win :( but other then the single drumstick award I'm aiming for a higher score in the final round to push towards the lower/mid table I've become accustomed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I need to get at least 5 places above Mollyb60 ;) ezpz

If it makes you feel better I'm not confident at all about my summer song.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote:
    If it makes you feel better I'm not confident at all about my summer song.

Kid Rock Singing Sweet Home Alabama?

:P

Cos that's totally not what I entered :o

• Advertisement

If I score more then 5 in the last round I'll be shocked, what was I thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

If I score more then 5 in the last round I'll be shocked, what was I thinking

No idea, it's ****ing awful!

Just kidding. I still haven't listened to anything yet lol

I nearly submitted frou frou let go for some categroy I think intro

How would that have worked out

I'm not too sure about my summer song. But hey I can't do worse than the last one.. or can I? Imagine if he hated a song so much he didn't even place it! :D:D

I almost entered balance ton quoi but decided against it. Probably would have done as bad.
    https://youtu.be/Hi7Rx3En7-k

I think summer could be the best category. I'm expecting some great feel good tunes.

I was afk for the last reveal, but the catch-up is great.

Well done to Fixxxer, I'd never heard that tune before and it's a fun listen.

'Halló' to my fellow Hoppipolla-ites, Molly and ElectricNitwit. I did think that Sigur Ros would be popular for this round, but not the very same song :D

At the time of my Walrus submission, I was deep in planning for my second Iceland trip in 12 months and Sigur Ros came to me late in life during that first trip last year. However, if uninfluenced by a more recently discovered grá, I would have submitted something which has been close to my heart for almost 20 years now. A great song not in the English language, not in any official language, but where the voice is shown for the instrument it can be...

Rikand - I'm not asking how you would have placed it exactly, but generally speaking, would you have gone with the first or second gif below?

fItNv8x.gif

5KjkuAU.gif

• Advertisement

Hey Stu, Hoppipolla is my favourite Sigur Ros song. It just makes me happy. That Gladiator song is incredible too though. Actually that entire soundtrack is awesome. Hans Zimmer is a very close second favourite movie composer for me after John Williams (of course).

Thumbs up, Stu!

If I'm thinking Summer, this is an example of what I'm thinking of.

Just some beautiful Balaeric chilled out spanish guitar, a nice beat, some class of a cocktail and 30 degrees in the evening time by the beachfront

Reveal tomorrow evening at around 10pm :)

O im right in that wheel house...

If you mean nagons down a laneway at 16 in some light rain

This has been a weird competition for me, the ones I expected to do well have done medium to downright terrible and the ones I took a chance on have done very well.

I'm not sure what that means for my final entry tbh! Looking forward to the reveal anyways.

Rikand wrote: »

Just some beautiful Balaeric chilled out spanish guitar, a nice beat, some class of a cocktail and 30 degrees in the evening time by the beachfront

Well I'm certainly not winning :pac:

Rikand wrote: »

Uhoh. :confused:

Necro wrote: »
    This has been a weird competition for me, the ones I expected to do well have done medium to downright terrible and the ones I took a chance on have done very well.

I'm not sure what that means for my final entry tbh! Looking forward to the reveal anyways.

I'm more nervous about this last reveal because I would expect the choice to do better than most of my other ones - (though that really wouldn't be hard :D)

Having a first placed entry has made up for Rikand not really ranking my other choices out of the bottom five - but hey that's perfectly fine, I don't think there are any losers in this game, and I have really enjoyed so many of everyones choices, and even been introduced to tracks I probably never would have listened to. Walrus, has been a bit of a revelation - it has been truly entertaining and the category reveals continue to be played days after, and longer I'm sure. I'm hoping to attend tonight's final reveal, but just in case I can't I thought I'd do some extra sucking up... just say those few words :o

Pretzill wrote: »
    I'm more nervous about this last reveal because I would expect the choice to do better than most of my other ones - (though that really wouldn't be hard :D)

Having a first placed entry has made up for Rikand not really ranking my other choices out of the bottom five - but hey that's perfectly fine, I don't think there are any losers in this game, and I have really enjoyed so many of everyones choices, and even been introduced to tracks I probably never would have listened to. Walrus, has been a bit of a revelation - it has been truly entertaining and the category reveals continue to be played days after, and longer I'm sure. I'm hoping to attend tonight's final reveal, but just in case I can't I thought I'd do some extra sucking up... just say those few words :o

I'm still listening to some from the foreign language one at the moment.

Bar 2019 there hasn't been a category I haven't come back to repeatedly.

Intros I think my personal fave thus far.

I'm so glad this has been introduced to us here, and there's already Ecto's to look forward to soon as well :)

I've a couple of ideas for my own in August once PJ has his go too, I'm in negotations to bring in a co-judge for a bit of spice too :D

Necro wrote: »
    I'm still listening to some from the foreign language one at the moment.

Bar 2019 there hasn't been a category I haven't come back to repeatedly.

Intros I think my personal fave thus far.

I'm so glad this has been introduced to us here, and there's already Ecto's to look forward to soon as well :)

I've a couple of ideas for my own in August once PJ has his go too, I'm in negotations to bring in a co-judge for a bit of spice too :D

Foreign language & 2019 not revisited musch- but the other categories are consistently good! I like the sound of that co-judge or judges - the xfactor of Walrus :D (which of course is an oxymoran)

• Advertisement

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d38c6e35853686c4de0ab1c&rid=giphy.gif

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Hey Stu, Hoppipolla is my favourite Sigur Ros song. It just makes me happy. That Gladiator song is incredible too though. Actually that entire soundtrack is awesome. Hans Zimmer is a very close second favourite movie composer for me after John Williams(of course).

Agree with you there also Mol, he's a serious talent. I went to see his 3 Arena shows in 2016 and 2017 and they were 2 of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Sorry for the delay folks. Our dog has diabetes and we need to inject him with insulin twice a day, but only after he has eaten and the fecker just refused to eat for us until right now lol

Reveal starting in about 20 minutes, but while you're waiting, why not enjoy another summery tune right here :)

Okay! Lets get cracking!

First of all, there were only about 3 songs that i wasnt all that keen on and the rest I enjoyed at the very least somewhat. Overall, its not my favourite category, but a few songs really gave me that summer feeling and they are the ones that did best :)

Don't worry Rikand, I'm listening to you anyway :pac:

I'm here... although I may not make the end of the reveal I'm exhausted lol

15th Place :: Mark McCabe - Maniac 2000

So when i saw this submitted at first I laughed and thought, this really takes me back. But half way through the second listen i was like :: "Do i really have to listen to this again ?" My sister had this as the houses morning wake up call for over a year and I cant stop thinking of being woken up at ridiculous o'clock in the morning by this alarm and song from her stereo every single time. So much hate. I did give it a 3rd listen, but no more! This person said that you cannot not love this. But maniac 2000 is definitely one of those marmite ones for me...this is just one of those electronic tunes I'd be heading for the bar instead of the dancefloor

15th place - scoring 1 point
    Deleted User

Oh boy this does not bode well for my entry :/

14th - The GO! Team - Huddle Formation

I couldnt really hear what was being sang in this song. Like the music is full of energy and there's a nice enough feel off it, but I'm still none the wiser about what was actually being sang. And its not just this song. To be on the safe side I checked out some of their other songs and if they didnt have the lyrics printed on the screen I wouldnt have had a clue!

14th Place - 2 points to
    fixxxer

• Advertisement

I've no idea why I admitted it although it did remind me of my teeny bopper days :D

whooooooooooops

Advertisement