Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,835 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I knew ages ago I'd gone much too safe here. It's not my favourite Sigur Ros either, but I wasn't sure how to play this game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Saw Michael Delguidice sing Nessun at Billy Joel's concert last year - not even close to the great Pavarotti but still beautiful - I saw an old black and white film recently with Harry Secombe performing it fabulous piece of music - none shall sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

5th Place :: Stereolab - Cybele's Reverie

This just went up and up the list. At first listen, I was like "nope! Nope, nope, nope, bope!" And then it just kept going up. And up. And up. If i had another week to listen to it...... 5th is actually probably still as high as it would go because the top 4 are just that bit ahead for me. But its a lovely lovely tune!

5th Place :: 11 points to
    osh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Stealing glances at thread in between calls like:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Well at least I know now I wasn't in bottom 3 :D

Saw them in Dublin a few weeks ago, though this song is from mid nineties.

• Advertisement

4th Place :: Jane Zhang - The Diva Dance (From the Fifth Element)

This song was written for the movie and intended to be not possible to sing by a human as I was told in the entry write up for this song and she almost nails it! The deep bits at the end are just under her range if I'm being super nitty, but goddamnit is this still amazing! And shes super hot too! If you have any familiarity with the movie in question, you are going to adore this and I think everyone will just love it anyway!

4th Place :: 12 points to
    Deleted User

I really enjoyed that osh!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Seeing my entry not 12 to 4...

Now the nerves they go a jingle jangle

And my mind is stating

UniqueCoordinatedEasteuropeanshepherd-small.gif

I really wanna listen to the other songs too :(

Well from what I read the singer in the movie recorded each of the fast high notes separately and they were digitally remastered closer together

The actor who played the singer was a model, going out with the director at the time who stepped in last minute to play the role of the alien singer.

She doesn't quite have the low notes but them high ones OMG

top 3/bottom 3 hype
    Necro
    Green&Red
    partyjungle
    Builebeag
    Tritium
    Fixxxer

Two of these were instantly amazing to me and the other one grew on me! The other 3 were just downright hideous. But who will feature where!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Well from what I read the singer in the movie recorded each of the fast high notes separately and they were digitally remastered closer together

The actor who played the singer was a model, going out with the director at the time who stepped in last minute to play the role of the alien singer.

She doesn't quite have the low notes but them high ones OMG

Oh Mick I LOVE that song. Amazing choice.

And now I want to watch 5th Element again.

I really enjoyed that osh!

They've got so many great tunes, a lot sung in english too, or no/minimal vocals.

If your'e interested in more, Dots and Loops is probably my favorite album, though the one this has some of my favorite songs too. (Emperor Tomato Ketchup).

Rikand wrote: »
    top 3/bottom 3 hype
    Necro
    Green&Red
    partyjungle
    Builebeag
    Tritium
    Fixxxer

Two of these were instantly amazing to me and the other one grew on me! The other 3 were just downright hideous. But who will feature where!

Do I get bonus pts if I guess necro's was hideous? :pac:

13th Place :: Adriano Celentano - Prisencolinensinainciusol

apparently when Italians here English people speak, this is what they hear. I cant say that I hear it myself so as a result, i just didnt like this. Well, actually, not as a result of that. I just didnt like it in general

13th Place :: 3 points to
    Deleted User

osh wrote: »
    They've got so many great tunes, a lot sung in english too, or no/minimal vocals.

If your'e interested in more, Dots and Loops is probably my favorite album, though the one this has some of my favorite songs too. (Emperor Tomato Ketchup).

Oh I'll definitely check it out! I love that this game is giving me new music. I can get very lazy about music at times and just listen to the same old tunes on repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,835 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I second the Stereolab love. Really liked them back in the day then kind of forgot them. Got back into them when they announced Vicar Street but then couldn't make it, I was gutted

Really regretting entering the Ketchup Song right about now....

Aserejé, ja deje tejebe tude jebere
    Sebiunouba majabi an de bugui an de buididipí

3rd Place :: O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei

This started out in number 1 spot. On the next listen it was in the bottom 3, then it top 3'd again, then bottom 3'd and after about 10 listens it went back into the top3 and just stayed where it is. Each relisten I just kept on smiling all the way through it and thats what music should do to someone ;) It's one of those real addictive great tunes and you gotta thank the "Numa Numa Guy" for the way this maintained in the memory. But its a truly beautiful tasty piece of cheese

3rd Place - 13 points to
    Necro

I really wanted this to be number 1 or number 15 just so I could make Necro sweat soo soo hard!

giphy.gif

Whats that from again. I do love that song its super catchy

• Advertisement

Whats that from again. I do love that song its super catchy

Was it a Eurovision entry?

Because it sounds like one.

Pretzill wrote: »
    Was it a Eurovision entry?

I've no idea, I just know I know the song really well but don't know why.

14th Place :: Dead Can Dance - The Host of the Seraphim

I'm sure its something in the right situation that can provoke a certain kind of feeling, but for me, this just put me in my dark place and I couldnt give it anymore than 3 listens before resigning it to the bin but thank you for submitting it :)

14th Place - 2 points to
    tritium

I've no idea, I just know I know the song really well but don't know why.

Could be this guy :)

Thats me :eek:

I think that might be it.

Actually im not sure it is becuase thats now my favorite thing on the internet

:)

I prefer you're version :)

2nd Place :: Blur - To the end (French version)

"Here Dougal, who do you prefer, Oasis or Blur ?" "Blur!" "Wha?" .... No seriously, Blur!!! ****ing love blur Necro. ****ing love them and this was straight away number 1 on my list when I heard it first but then something else came along. EVen Damon bastardizing some of the pronounciations is not enough for me to dislike this. I just adored it right away. I think it is a very very very long time since I last heard this and I just thought it was a gorgeous rendition of an already great song!

toi though, toi

2nd Place - 14 points to
    Green&Red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Choon.

Advertisement