Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've no idea why I admitted it although it did remind me of my teeny bopper days :D

whooooooooooops

Well I like it anyways ;)

Necro wrote: »
    Well I like it anyways ;)

I do like it but I reckon its all nostalgia, seems like it triggered some ptsd in Rikand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

13th Place :: This Must Be The Place - Talking Heads

You see, in general, I quite like the talking heads. But this didnt really work for me at all. LIke the intro music was nice and on relistens it moved up from dead last, but not very far. His voice just isnt summery to me lol :)

13th Place - 3 points to
    Deleted User

I do like it but I reckon its all nostalgia, seems like it triggered some ptsd in Rikand :pac:

Blame my sister! :D

No harm MJ, Maniac 2000 is an institution for a generation who came of age in Ireland. It's good that it could make an appearance in the inaugural Boards Walrus tournament. :D

I'm after thinking of a greaaaaat tune I coulda submitted for this round. Oh well, let's see how my original submission goes.

Edit: 13th. Oh well Rikand, they can never take 'Solsbury Hill' away from us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No harm MJ, Maniac 2000 is an institution for a generation who came of age in Ireland. It's good that it could make an appearance in the inaugural Boards Walrus tournament. :D

I'm after thinking of a greaaaaat tune I coulda submitted for this round. Oh well, let's see how my original submission goes.

Edit: 13th. Oh well Rikand, they can never take 'Solsbury Hill' away from us.

:D Was just gonna respond with ^^^

I suspect Maniac 2000 would have made a good pick for the memory category in Ectos walrus for some of us of a certain age!

12th Place :: The Decemberists: June Hymn

A bit potato and lampshadey for me. Some nice harmonies for sure, but this offering just wasnt for me. A little too much on the artsy scene for my liking but subsequent relistens did just manage to keep it out of the bottom 3

12th Place - 4 points to
    Mollyb60 - omai!

I suspect Maniac 2000 would have made a good pick for the memory category in Ectos walrus for some of us of a certain age!

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Can't listen in is Maniac 2000 an update of the Michael Sombello track?

• Advertisement

Whoever submitted
    Groove Armada - At The River
    is winning this round.

Can we get a betting market going, I wonder? :D

11th Place :: Bruce Springsteen - Girls in their Summer clothes

Like, who doesnt love the boss! And this is a lovely tune, that got better with each relisten. its quite summery, but if I was thinking of a song of his that I would consider more summery, it would be Waiting on a Sunny Day. I love that song. This was grand though. Nice and summery

11th Place - 5 points to
    Green&Red

Whoever submitted
    Groove Armada - At The River
    is winning this round.

Can we get a betting market going, I wonder? :D

Oooo, I wonder was it submitted!

Oddly I find this the summeriest of Springsteen's songs. Just imagine myself and my chiseled physique working on some road in America with the sun beating down on my tanned skin*

*May or may not be be a dream I once had

Ooooh Necro. I’m getting all hot n sweaty reading that.

10th Place :: Santana - Smooth ft. Rob Thomas

I remember this being like top 5 in ireland on the charts for about 2 years lol. Good auld song, Santana can sure make that guitar sing and a decent auld summer vibe. Might have done better if it wasnt saturated that bit for me

10th Place - 6 points to
    Strawberry Milkshake

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Necro wrote: »
    Oddly I find this the summeriest of Springsteen's songs. Just imagine myself and my chiseled physique working on some road in America with the sun beating down on my tanned skin*

*May or may not be be a dream I once had

Great tune!

Oh I used to love that song Strawbs :) Haven't heard it in ages!

Rikand wrote: »
    11th Place :: Bruce Springsteen - Girls in their Summer clothes

Like, who doesnt love the boss! And this is a lovely tune, that got better with each relisten. its quite summery, but if I was thinking of a song of his that I would consider more summery, it would be Waiting on a Sunny Day. I love that song. This was grand though. Nice and summery

11th Place - 5 points to
    Green&Red

In fairness, songs from two excellent albums with the E-Street band. Magic is class, I find the reason I like it so much though is cause it offers more songs which sound like The Rising. The Rising is one of my own favourite albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Having to follow in silence again and just catching up. I don't know the names of songs by The Go! Team so don't know which one that is but they are a tour de force live :)

• Advertisement

9th Place :: Air - Sexy Boy.

Great song. Is it summery though. The faint quiet bit is pretty summery for sure, nice kind of wistfullness to the instrumentally bit. Ive always loved this song though and I'm a big fan of Air. Another one that may have scored a bit better if not for oversaturation

9th Place - 7 points to
    Builebeag

Tuuuuuuuuune!!!!

Ah, haven't listened to Moon Safari in ages :)

8th Place :: Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime

Classic! Yes, this is summer feeling :D

8th Place - 8 points to
    Deleted User

After the last reveal 9th place feels like a win!!! :D

This is quite the turnaround from my first two rounds lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ah, haven't listened to Moon Safari in ages :)

Moon Safari is my Sunday morning, drinking coffee album. Nice and chill.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Moon Safari is my Sunday morning, drinking coffee album. Nice and chill.

Damn, I've already submitted for your walrus :p

Rikand wrote: »
    13th Place :: This Must Be The Place - Talking Heads

You see, in general, I quite like the talking heads. But this didnt really work for me at all. LIke the intro music was nice and on relistens it moved up from dead last, but not very far. His voice just isnt summery to me lol :)

13th Place - 3 points to
    Deleted User

This is one of my favourite songs of all time

• Advertisement

Ah man, Tritium overtakes me now.

I’ve quit as your assistant with the scores, Rikand! You promised me payment in points :(

*goes to slam door on way out but it’s got a stoopid soft close function*

Argh! *stamps feet stubs toe*

Advertisement