Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Clarabel wrote: »
    Osh and Molly.... I've had very happy ears today. Thanks for recommending!

Molly that's 2 twice for you....moar pls

Scroobi is smart. And actually Herbert is not dissimilar to some of this difficult music I'm trying to listen to.

I LOVE this game!

Well the next 2 categories are just 2 more of my favourite bands so we'll see how it goes. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

It's great in this game when you find new music you like, or introduce just one person to something new or remind them of a song they love that they haven't heard in ages.

Throw up a vid Clarabel of what you're listening to, keep us going during the downtime :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Looking forward to this next category for selfish reasons.

Liam Gallagher singing Nessun Dorma was ridiculously hard to find but so worth it for Rikand's likely reaction :pac:

This was my other choice for 2019, from the same album.

I really like the video. Its his wife in it, who he's separated from.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Foreign Language category has been so difficult. Well not my number 1. I've loved it since the first listen.

A couple of songs have bounced up and down my list as i struggle to figure out if they are genius or awful lol. But on the whole, a lot of very good songs. Trying to formulate my thoughts now for each entry to be ready for reveal tomorrow starting around 10pm

• Advertisement

Reveal starting around 10:30. I've had a busy day and im not at all ready for this just yet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rikand wrote: »
    Reveal starting around 10:30. I've had a busy day and im not at all ready for this just yet

No panic, I'm sat here at work anyways so not going too far lol

While you're waiting, enjoy 11 minutes of perfection!

My write-ups for this category are going to be a lot shorter than most other weeks. This is because my family were all supposed to go to bed a lot earlier tonight than they did :D

I've quickly thrown some thoughts down for each piece and I'm almost ready to go!

So yeah, when I think of the voice being an instrument of itself, Svefn g Englar is exactly what im thinking of. Now I wasnt necessarily looking for that, though it would have done great lol.

Reminder that for this reveal, I am going to start with the 12th place song, work our way up to 4th place and then alternate the bottom 3 and top 3

So lets go!

• Advertisement

Oh god :/ This bodes ominously for me lol

So yeah, when I think of the voice being an instrument of itself, Svefn g Englar is exactly what im thinking of. Now I wasnt necessarily looking for that, though it would have done great lol.

Reminder that for this reveal, I am going to start with the 12th place song, work our way up to 4th place and then alternate the bottom 3 and top 3

So lets go!

Forgot about that, should be interesting

12th Place :: MC Solaar - La Belle et le Bad Boy

This wasnt terrible and blessed that it was so short. Its the kind of song that got better and better on relistens and yet still only managed to finish outside the bottom 3. Being in French probably saved it as j'adore francaise!

12th Place - Scoring 4 points
    Pretzill

link was broken for me, so here it is

Can't listen to these right now but I'm going on a major thankfest and will listen after work or tomorrow morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Well I was almost expecting 15th for choosing a rap artist - I so wanted to change this choice after sending it Rik so rather relieved I got another 12th :)

ETA: Merci!

11th Place :: Kraftwerk - Autobahn

They may have been classed as pioneers of electronic music but I have never been a fan of kraftwerk. Yes the melodies in the music are nice and smooth but I was just never able to get into them like my peers were. The submitted version was the radio edit or it might have bottom 3'd. The track is just short enough that it doesnt grate on me for too long

11th Place - Scoring 5 points
    Ectoplasm

Sorry about broken link in track 12, should be fixed now

but I have never been a fan of kraftwerk.

:eek:

Love Kraftwerk. Good job they didn't submit the 20 minute version :pac:

Wonder its too late to resubmit a kraftwerk song for ecto's walrus :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Yeah I love Kraftwerk but has a sense that Rikand wouldn't love it. Success was not being last in this one.

Achievement unlocked.

10th Place :: Desireless - Voyage Voyage

Classic 80's Euro pop! Not a bad little song. I vaguely seem to remember this as a kid too. Like its okay. She has a great voice and I do love a bit of french!

10th Place - 6 points to
    Strawberry Milkshake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Yeah I love Kraftwerk but has a sense that Rikand wouldn't love it. Success was not being last in this one.

Achievement unlocked.

I have also just laughed way too much at the fact that I originally typed achievement unlicked :D

Am going to watch the rest of this reveal from my leaba...it's been a long day. :P

9th Place :: Luciano Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma

Who doesnt love a bitta Pav? I quite like my opera and Nessun Dorma is one of those all time classics. But maybe thats why it didnt score higher. Its just too much of a classic and I've heard it 400 million billion times before. Loved it all those times, but just heard it too much.

9th Place - 7 points to
    Barney92

I really like that SM!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Forgot about this and have just got into bed.
    Damn, I need sleep but I can't resist... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

9th Place :: Luciano Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma

Ah, Roger Milla dancing, Gazza crying, Packie's penalty save...

Is3DAG.gif

Ah, Roger Milla dancing, Gazza crying, Packie's penalty save...

I've only seen the video with him singing,

Send me on that one it sounds much better :pac:

8th, 7th and 6th Place :: Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla

Probably my least favourite Sigur Ros song, though I grew to love it a lot more when Chicane put out Poppiholla and i thought screw you you bastard Chicane, write your own dance tunes without stealing other peoples stuff! He did the same with another song a year or two later, I forget which one it was. Either way, this is still a lovely lovely song and I am a massive sigur ros song, but if any one of you three had submitted svefn g englar, you would have top scored...... maybe :)

8th, 7th and 6th Place - Scoring 9 points
    Stu Redman,
    Mollyb60,
    Electric Nitwit

• Advertisement

Forgot about this and have just got into bed.
    Damn, I need sleep but I can't resist... :p

You can sleep now :)

Advertisement