Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Murders - BBC One & RTE One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭prunudo

Some good performances tonight, especially from Rosiland. I think someone mentioned all the books are intertwined with various characters. If thats the case it probably explains all the confusing sub plots, if you watch it with that in mind its was quite an enjoyable series to watch with the exception of episode 5 or 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,712 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will it get renewed for a second season, is there enough left in the books for another series?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Anyone know who’s ashes Cassie poured into the sea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Jane doe, her doppleganger who had no family

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

iamwhoiam wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

Only at episode 4 but have to say the introduction of the lexi story is ridiculous and unnecessary, good show but could be a lot better

Niallers87 wrote: »

Ah thank you , it was Lexie then

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mammychicken

Watching Ransom on USA5 Cassie/Lexie a main cop in it whoda thunk it well done her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Could some learned Boardsie explain to me who Lexi/ Jane Doe was? Cassie’s imaginary childhood friend was Lexie, but she was just that - imaginary. How did she become real?

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Bit of an anti climax tbh....few too many unnecessary characters in i, but the Rosiland twist was good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Could some learned Boardsie explain to me who Lexi/ Jane Doe was? Cassie’s imaginary childhood friend was Lexie, but she was just that - imaginary. How did she become real?

I tried to explain here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111672808&postcount=309

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I really enjoyed that. It was right up my street.
    The interview scene was excellent.

The ending I felt made it all the better. I just wished Nidge was a bit clearer as I didn't get the significance of what he said to rob until reading Twitter.
    Still trying to figure that bit out but that's what makes it for me.

Edit: it has taken me eight weeks but I've just realised where I recognised O'Neill from. He was the lead in The Dig!
    I can sleep now!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ShaneODub

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will it get renewed for a second season, is there enough left in the books for another series?

I've read 2 or 3 of the later books. Mackey reappears, and that red-headed guard takes more of a central role also. I'd say they are planning more seasons, because they went to a lot of lengths to have him (the redhead) in the show. He even passed Nidge on the stairs and stopped to look at him for no good reason near the end of the last episode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

hi all

(im not a professional reviewer* nor will i pretend to be)
    *the views expressed in this post are my own and i produced them myself

great show, well done all.
    hats off to killian scott and the smokin sarah greene (miaow!) great actors the pair
    found they played the psychological aspect perfectly and probably unnoticed by most popcorn viewers (no offence to popcorn)

i thought this show was a great effort, it worked hard, to hide its influences whilst also paying homage and to be its own original self.

i respected it for being just out of reach, making the viewer work too and seriously reward anyone who could keep up for having already watched similar. i thoroughly enjoyed it, and i think it didnt get half the credit it deserves, particularly scotts portrayal of a complete disintegration of a character, (yes, maybe he was the wolf) his descent into the abyss of real Self destruction from the false self he had built up was very well written and realistic from a psychological point of view.

the trauma of watching other kids being gobbled by wolves would cause huge repression and the fake self built up around this mental sinkhole was constructed of shiny glass bricks.

im not saying it was perfect and i agree with most of the previous posts but it was good to see an Irish(ish) production of this calibre

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

I really enjoyed that. It was right up my street.
    The interview scene was excellent.

The ending I felt made it all the better. I just wished Nidge was a bit clearer as I didn't get the significance of what he said to rob until reading Twitter.
    Still trying to figure that bit out but that's what makes it for me.

Edit: it has taken me eight weeks but I've just realised where I recognised O'Neill from. He was the lead in The Dig!
    I can sleep now!

What was the significance of what nidge said to Rob?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ShaneODub

Hang on, do people think that the kids were eaten by wolves? That wolf (if it was a wolf, considering we don't have them in Wicklow) was a deliberately ambiguous reference to a possible supernatural presence in the woods, in my opinion. I don't think we're meant to seize on it as an explanation of what happened to the three kids. That's meant to remain a mystery.

All very meta, the brother of the government minister responsible for housing. Beating the ever living **** out of a homeless person and then burning his clothes.

Thank You!

i love when people notice the multiple of layers one could view something through (damn acid)

ShaneODub wrote: »
    Hang on, do people think that the kids were eaten by wolves? That wolf (if it was a wolf, considering we don't have them in Wicklow) was a deliberately ambiguous reference to a possible supernatural presence in the woods, in my opinion. I don't think we're meant to seize on it as an explanation of what happened to the three kids. That's meant to remain a mystery.

yes, you are right, it IS this, and it IS that (the wolf thing above), animals were nature personified in ancient lore and today humans are animals too

...whoooaaaa man:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Generally avoid the fantasy genre like the plague, so what a lovely payoff after investing 8 hours in a cop show for one of the main plotlines to hinge on a superatural child eating monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I'm only on episode 6 where Cassie undercover as Lexie and friends are having stew for dinner. I knew she'd get caught out eating something Lexie didn't like. I actually thought it would happen earlier when she got the big breakfast as they showed the plate of food up close.
    Fidelma from Glenroe is very bad looking. I suppose the makeup and hair must be to show how many years of being frantic with worry would do. Funny seeing Fiona from Fair City looking so dodgy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,587 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Biddy's cousind Fidelma, Nidge and Fizzy Orange from Love/Hate, evil Tom O Callaghan and layabout Vincent Kiely from Red Rock, and yer wan from the "Is this a date? I dunno, is it?" ad from ages ago on the tele.
    All in Dubelin Murders, wot?

On a sensible note, it's refreshing that it doesn't all end happily ever after. Just like real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Anyone else think TVL was just lazily reprising his Nidge persona from L/H? I'm finding his actorly tics increasingly annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Silly plot. Trying to have mysterious mumbo jumbo replace reality. And a wolf in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ShaneODub wrote: »

That was my take on it - some supernatural presence was responsible for the disappearance of Jamie and Peter (perhaps). Adam witnesses something deeply traumatic in the forest, maybe the thing that takes the two kids, but it's so bad that he can't recall what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 18,587 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

• Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭prunudo

Anyone who couldn't follow it need to stop watching tv programmes through twitter or social media via their phone. Seems now anything with more than a straight forward plot line and requiring the viewer having to pay attention gets slated. All the flash backs had dates, anything relevant was explained in a later episode. My guess that some of the curve balls will be connected with later series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

and yer wan from the "Is this a date? I dunno, is it?" ad from ages ago on the tele.

Which one was she?

Strazdas wrote: »
    That was my take on it - some supernatural presence was responsible for the disappearance of Jamie and Peter (perhaps). Adam witnesses something deeply traumatic in the forest, maybe the thing that takes the two kids, but it's so bad that he can't recall what it was

Mine too , it was an ancient site and was disturbed by the young people was my take on it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I was happy enough with last night.

I think its fine that the 1985 mystery remained a mystery. Very satisfactory ending to the Katy case, and nice twist with Rosalind revealing Robs true identity and twisting the knife.

The whole Lexi story was annoying, much weaker and the whole random doppleganger assuming her old undercover identity was lame and too far fetched.

I'd have perferred a 4 parter just focused on Knocknaree. Mixing the 2 books was probably the biggest flaw of the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Maybe Amber killed the kids?

Remember that sh1te?

Advertisement