Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Ryan / Heaton

Robertson, TAA, Shaw, Azpi, Simpson

Salah, Sterling, Ricky, Hayden, Dend

Rashford, King, Greenwood

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Haven't really been on much, and away this weekend so miss all the fun, but who do we think will be Man City's defenders starting this weekend?

Considering the money spent on Cancelo he is a great price at 5.5m, but will he start from the off, or take a few GW's to get into the team/fit?

Only problem with Cancelo is that he'll be rotated heavily with Walker with, I'd imagine, Cancelo playing most European games rather than PL games.

Only for that I'd be all over him at that price instead of Laporte who is a million more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Wilberto wrote: »
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Haven't really been on much, and away this weekend so miss all the fun, but who do we think will be Man City's defenders starting this weekend?

Considering the money spent on Cancelo he is a great price at 5.5m, but will he start from the off, or take a few GW's to get into the team/fit?

Only problem with Cancelo is that he'll be rotated heavily with Walker with, I'd imagine, Cancelo playing most European games rather than PL games.

Only for that I'd be all over him at that price instead of Laporte who is a million more expensive.

One to look at for the wildcard. 5.5m is too much for someone certain not to start this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

elefant wrote: »
    The defence is a complete disaster.

Spending 10 million on two keepers is a huge waste.

Cahill can't have played any football in months. So him, Gomez, Stones, Sanchez and Lundstram are all doubts to play.

Really?

Don't think I'd trust Pope as my main keeper and there aren't many keepers at 5m I'd imagine will keep as many clean sheets as Chelsea albeit Kepa is 5.5 but he does rotate well with Pope for the first few weeks anyway

I know Cahill hasn't played much and it is a bit of a risk that he may not start the first week or 2 but I still think at 4.5 and with Hodgsons style of play they should keep a few clean sheets in the long run.

I'd imagine Gomez will start alongside VVD and he can also cover at right back or will Klopp go with Matip and VVD as his first choice pairing?

Pep seems to favour Stones over otamendi too so I reckon Laporte and stones will be the first two there when they are both fit

As for Sanchez there is a risk of rotation alright but it's hard to get in defensive cover for Spurs and they will keep clean sheets

Obviously there's a few risks in the defence but if it works out I'll have Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Spurs defensive cover for 22m

Feel like I am calling into the trap.of spreading too thin again

Ederson Button

Robbo VVD Rico Diop Digne

Salah Sterling Perez Moura Dendonck

Wilson Jota Wickham

West Ham have a great run from wk 2 onwards so can see myself just playing Diop

Would you downgrade Ederson and use the 1.5 elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Really?

Don't think I'd trust Pope as my main keeper and there aren't many keepers at 5m I'd imagine will keep as many clean sheets as Chelsea albeit Kepa is 5.5 but he does rotate well with Pope for the first few weeks anyway

I know Cahill hasn't played much and it is a bit of a risk that he may not start the first week or 2 but I still think at 4.5 and with Hodgsons style of play they should keep a few clean sheets in the long run.

I'd imagine Gomez will start alongside VVD and he can also cover at right back or will Klopp go with Matip and VVD as his first choice pairing?

Pep seems to favour Stones over otamendi too so I reckon Laporte and stones will be the first two there when they are both fit

As for Sanchez there is a risk of rotation alright but it's hard to get in defensive cover for Spurs and they will keep clean sheets

Obviously there's a few risks in the defence but if it works out I'll have Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Spurs defensive cover for 22m

Every single on of your defenders might not start
    That's more than a few risks
    That's your whole defence . And it's not like they are all cheap.
    If you have kept just play him every week and downgrade pope

also just spotted you have zaha
    So another massive doubt to start this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Really want Kane in. Already have Salah and Sterling. Getting Kane in really weakens the balance of my team. Is it worth downgrading Sterling to another City mid, such as KDB to get Kane in? It does feel as though Sterling is essential though...

gandalfio wrote: »
    Really want Kane in. Already have Salah and Sterling. Getting Kane in really weakens the balance of my team. Is it worth downgrading Sterling to another City mid, such as KDB to get Kane in? It does feel as though Sterling is essential though...

I want to do the same.....

If Sane was fit I would be downgrading but looking at the City wide attackers available and he is key to how they play. you would hope Sterlings rests are reduced compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

Really?

You're thinking of this in terms of getting as many players from good teams as possible. But you need to look at getting value for every .5 you spend. You can, for example, have a certain starting goalkeeper every week for 8.5 million.

You can then use that 1.5m you saved to, again for example, get Laporte and Vertonghen to have City and Spurs options that are almost 100% going to play for you.

Especially in the first week of the season it doesn't make any sense to have every defensive pick based upon hunches they'll probably get minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ryan/Pope
    TAA, digne, AWB, Dunk,Kelly
    Salah, KDB, Siggy, Pulisic, Dendoncker
    Kane, King, Greenwood

That’s just rapidly put together. Think I’m fairly set on the defence, Salah and KDB with Kane. Rest is all a guess and hope job

Reasonably set on this team but considering changes to 3 of KDB,Pulisic and king.

Looking at various combos.
    Bernardo mainly for Man City connection.
    With Pulisic and Wilson. Or Perez and rashers or Barkley/Perez/lanzini with vardy.

I’ll eventually come to some sort of conclusion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

So have it down to these 2 decisions, 
    5th choice Def: Rico or Lundstram?
    5.5 MF: McGinn or Robinson? (Or another? have Dendonker already and nothing itb)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

5.5 MF: McGinn or Robinson? (Or another? have Dendonker already and nothing itb)

Robinson IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

It's basically coming down to keeping vvd (also have Robertson) and playing Norwood for a few weeks
    Or downgrading vvd to a 4.5 (or even a 5 like Zouma ) and upgrading Norwood to a better option 7 or under (only one I really like is zaka though ) or Greenwood to Jota

I'm very wary of having so much money on defence from one team

I could also go to a 5.5 (but worried about the amount of united defenders that will be in my league ) and then a 5.5 or 6ml mid

Or I could just leave it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Last minute job.

Ryan (Henderson)
    Robbo, TAA, Zinchenko, Montoya (Kelly CPL)
    Sterling, Salah, Perez, Siggy (Robinson)
    Wilson, Adams (Wickham)

Thoughts, views, concerns?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Option A going without Sterling and Salah
    Heaton (Button)
    Robertson, Coleman, Cathcart
    Mane, Bilva, KDB, Siggy
    Jimenez,King,Kane,
    Button, Kelly, Lundstram, Dedoncker.
    Option B
    Mane,KDB and Jimenez replaced with Salah, Sterling and Greenwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

I'm thinking as a differential

De Bruyne for Sterling and Greenwood for Kean

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

patmac wrote: »
    Option A going without Sterling and Salah
    Heaton (Button)
    Robertson, Coleman, Cathcart
    Mane, Bilva, KDB, Siggy
    Jimenez,King,Kane,
    Button, Kelly, Lundstram, Dedoncker.
    Option B
    Mane,KDB and Jimenez replaced with Salah, Sterling and Greenwood.

B for me. 2 x 8 mill midfielders is a lot as well as S&S I'd downgrade one of the 8 mill to a 6.5 and upgrade Cathcart.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So i have Allison as my goalkeeper I am thinking of downgrading him for TAA or Robinson. What do people think or option B is transfer van djyk for 1 of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm thinking as a differential

De Bruyne for Sterling and Greenwood for Kean

Any thoughts?

I'll be getting Kean in as soon as he looks like he'll be starting. I don't think he will this weekend but will be phased in.

Could be, in time, great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

km79 wrote: »
    It's basically coming down to keeping vvd (also have Robertson) and playing Norwood for a few weeks
    Or downgrading vvd to a 4.5 (or even a 5 like Zouma ) and upgrading Norwood to a better option 7 or under (only one I really like is zaka though ) or Greenwood to Jota

I could also go to a 5.5 (but worried about the amount of united defenders that will be in my league ) and then a 5.5 or 6ml mid

Whats the rest of your team ?

I don't think there's anything wrong with going for 2 x Liv Def. They look on fire and unlike Man City we have a fair degree of certainty about the line up.

I'd not be inclined to go to a 5 midfielder just because it fits the price point, I'd find the extra .5 for Robinson or go down to Dendoncker or Hayden

For me the jury is out on Man Utd assets until we see what kind of Jeckyl or Hyde side emerges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Taking it semi-serious this year. thoughts on below:

Kepa (Button)

Digne, Robertson, Zinchenko (Lundstram, Kelly)

Salah, B.Silva, Martial, Perez Dendoncker

Vardy, Kane (C), (Greenwood)

.5 ITB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My team for tomorrow. Took Mane out for Auba. Not sure about 3 Spurs players, but I'd expect Moura and Lamela to start tonight, with Alli injured and Son suspended. Bench is very weak though.

Pope
    Robertson, Laporte, Wan-Bassaka
    B. Silva, Lamela, De Bruyne, Moura, Perez
    Kane(c), Auba

Button, Lundstram, Rico and Greenwood

Kiith wrote: »
    My team for tomorrow. Took Mane out for Auba. Not sure about 3 Spurs players, but I'd expect Moura and Lamela to start tonight, with Alli injured and Son suspended. Bench is very weak though.

Pope
    Robertson, Laporte, Wan-Bassaka
    B. Silva, Lamela, De Bruyne, Moura, Perez
    Kane(c), Auba

Button, Lundstram, Rico and Greenwood

Three spurs makes next week tricky though especially with a non playing bench, could you swap Silva and Lamela to Martial and Fraser?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Think I have settled on this;

Pope (Button)
    VVD, Robbo, Digne, Montoya (Lundstram)
    Salah, Sterling, Barkley, Perez (Dend)
    Kane, King (Greenwood)

Not fully sold on Perez but thinking I can swap him out for Lanzini next week when he starts to have better fixtures...

km79 wrote: »

Was looking at the same thus morning. Leave it, VVD will outscore anyone you bring in with his upcoming fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lundstram dream ended with Mo Besic signing yesterday. Rico should get a few starts with their main LB injured. I wouldn't be confident of either lasting more than 2/3 gameweeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

Thoughts on:

(1) Zouma/Ryan/Button

vs

(2) Femenia/Pope/Heaton

?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Any suggestions on a 5.5m midfielder??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Any suggestions on a 5.5m midfielder??

McGinn would be my choice personally. Callum Robinson another option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

MrSkinny wrote: »
    I think I'm pretty much done tinkering:

Pope (Heaton)
    TAA VVD Digne Laporte (Rico)
    Salah (c) KDB Pérez Barkley (Dendoncker)
    Kane King (Greenwood)
    0.0 ITB

Considering KDB/Laporte to Sterling/Lundstram (and play Rico) but I think I'll just leave it as is.

Like this a lot. Would prefer a better keeper but the money isint there

Advertisement