Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just set up a second account to see how I can do with Premium Players in the more advanced positions.

Henderson (Button)
    Dunk, Matip, Aurier (Diop, Bertrand)
    Tielmans, Wilson, Pogba, KDB, Sigurdson
    Augero, Kane (Origi)

If I drop Origi to Brewster, and Bertrand to Lundstrum it would allow me to swap Wilson/Tielmans for Richy/Bilva. Will probably do that actually.

Be interesting to see how these score compared to my main team which is still being tinkered with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Is Monreal a likely starter for Arsenal?
    Tierney and luiz in today so might fight it out with mustafi for one of the centre back spots and you would imagine Tierney would be first choice left full. Maybe an arsenal fans view would be different
    Think Tierney is a few weeks away from playing still

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Henderson (Button)
    Dunk, Matip, Aurier (Diop, Bertrand)
    Tielmans, Wilson, Pogba, KDB, Sigurdson
    Augero, Kane (Origi)
    Origi is a GW1 punt and you've him on the bench.

Sterling over Aguero to start with seems the more sensible option since Kun hasn't really featured in pre-season.

Aurier and Wilson are doubtful to start.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Another stab at GW1 BB.
    Am seriously considering doing it.

Pope(SOU), Allison(NOR)

Ake/Smith(SHU), Cathcart(BRI), Kolasinic(new), Alderweireld(AV)

Perez(WOL), Salah(C(NOR)), Fraser(SHU), Moura(AV) Dilva(whu)

Kane(VC(AV)), Origi(NOR), Deeney(BRI)

The players in bold have ok(ish) fixtures in GW2, and with 2 transfers(maybe -4) I could bandage a team for GW3 and then WC to recover.

If I need to WC in GW2, so be it(have done it before).:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

F1ngers wrote: »
    Another stab at GW1 BB.
    Am seriously considering doing it.

Pope(SOU), Allison(NOR)

Ake/Smith(SHU), Cathcart(BRI), Kolasinic(new), Alderweireld(AV)

Perez(WOL), Salah(C(NOR)), Fraser(SHU), Moura(AV) Dilva(whu)

Kane(VC(AV)), Origi(NOR), Deeney(BRI)

The players in bold have ok(ish) fixtures in GW2, and with 2 transfers(maybe -4) I could bandage a team for GW3 and then WC to recover.

If I need to WC in GW2, so be it(have done it before).:o
    Are ya not worried that there'll be a super DGW later in the season?

I'd also be concerned about Kolasinac and Alderweireld, neither have been regulars in preseason. Also, Origi has the big 3 back now to compete with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Are ya not worried that there'll be a super DGW later in the season?

I was taking hits last year to get a DGW BB team together, didn't work out.
    FH + TC for DGWs for me.
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'd also be concerned about Kolasinac and Alderweireld, neither have been regulars in preseason. Also, Origi has the big 3 back now to compete with.

Origi is literally a 1 week punt, Mane will start next week for sure(maybe steal minutes this week too).
    Cheapest way to triple Pool v NOR.

Kolasinic and Alderweireld, maybe. Have 11m to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

F1ngers wrote: »
    I was taking hits last year to get a DGW BB team together, didn't work out.
    FH + TC for DGWs for me.

Is the free hit still there ? I can only see triple captain and bench boost .

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cant play it gw 1

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Yeah I assume it will there after GW1 commences, if you were to use your free hit this GW what team do you revert to afterwards?

km79 wrote: »
    I am having such trouble picking a 4.5ml defender who I will prob not need until gw4 that I am now thinking of going with Kelly and Lundstrum from start to see if Lundstrum is actually a starter and keeping 0.5ml in the bank.
    Otherwise it still looks like Catchart as the fixtures I need him for are decent BUT they don't do cleanies and he is boring :D
    Diop - see above and I hate him after owning him last year when he managed to get dropped for the only games I needed him
    Targett - not against it but away to palace gw4
    Gary Cahill- home to Villa but unsure if he is even fit
    If Taworski leaves Burnley then I will stick Ben Gibson in and deal with gw 4 later :D

I have often wilcarded at that stage anyway
    Really tempted to go with the two 4ml defenders now and keep the 0.5 ......which no doubt will then be spent on attacking transfers LOL I am already wondering if mcginn at 5.5 might be a better option than Norwood....

That means playing Norwood each week which I am happy to chance for now. Other sub is Greenwood though so I am one inuury away from maybe only having 10 players or double Sheff United !!!!!!!!!

I think I will just leave Catchart in . If Lundstrum does indeed hold his spot then I will unexpectedly have a pair of rotating defenders too!!!!! Cos I know in my heart and soul Norwood will not be in my squad by GW4 anyway.
    He already feels like a mistake. I have a few backups in mind though if it doesnt workout and he is a handy downgrade to raise 0.5 if needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Henderson/Heaton

Robertsom/TAA/AWB/Ake/Kelly

Salah/Sterling/Moura/Perez/Dedeoncker

Ings/Rashford/Greenwood

Think Happy enough now, wait and see what happens in transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is where I'm at right now. I'm thinking an early wildcard with all the late transfers that appear to be going to happen at the end of the window. They most likely won't be starting for a week or two.

I'm gambling at the back with the cheap way into the premium defenses.
    I think Lamela starts the first couple for Spurs. Everybody seems to believe that Barkley will start for Chelsea so happy to ride that bandwagon.
    Up top I think Haller will be awesome and Wesley has a lot to like about him imo. I've mentioned my watchlist in a previous post and I think I'll be wildcarding in week 3 or 4.

Heaton/Pope
    Zinchenko, Gomez, Emerson, KWP, Lundstram
    Salah, Sterling, Barkley, Lamela, Dendoncker
    Kane, Haller, Wesley

Your thoughts are very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Current state of chassis (for a 3-5-2)

Heaton McGovern

VVD Zinchenko Zouma Lundstram Rico

Lanzini Perez Raz Mo KDB

Wilson King Wickham

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is where I'm at right now. I'm thinking an early wildcard with all the late transfers that appear to be going to happen at the end of the window. They most likely won't be starting for a week or two.

I think Lamela starts the first couple for Spurs. Everybody seems to believe that Barkley will start for Chelsea so happy to ride that bandwagon.
    Up top I think Haller will be awesome and Wesley has a lot to like about him imo. I've mentioned my watchlist in a previous post and I think I'll be wildcarding in week 3 or 4.

Heaton/Pope
    Kane, Haller, Wesley

If Zinch, KWP and Lamela are all dropped around week 3 you will have a lot of manoeuvring to do is a bit of a worry I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

This time of year again

Pickford (button)
    Awb vvd laporte ( Kelly Simpson)
    William Maddison Salah Anderson (hayden)
    Aguero deulofeu jimenez

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Thoughts?

487513.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Having Silva as your sole representative from the best team in the league doesn't seem wise to me.

Its a hell of an attack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,186 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

eagle eye wrote: »

Heaton/Pope
    Kane, Haller, Wesley

you know the issues at the back, so no need to talk about them.

personally, i think Moura is the better pick if you're going Spurs midfield for a couple of weeks.

can't argue with Kane.

Haller, Wesley, Emerson, KWP and Lamela all feels slightly punty. one or 2 is fine, but them all in one team is hard to look at. it could be golden, obviously, but i'd be uncomfortable with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

swarmberg wrote: »
    Thoughts?

487513.PNG
    I am thinking of something similar but with Siggy instead of Bilva. Selling Auba after GW2 allows for Sterling to be brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

Allison button
    VVD Zinncheko Wan-Bis Montoya Lunstrasm
    Salah Perez Fraser KDB Dendonk
    Kane Greenwood King

.....thoughts....have 1.5 itb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

This is an unusual RMT. Its for a league that has the below rules

- No transfers allowed
    - No Wildcard allowed
    - Captain changes are allowed each GW
    - Formation and sub changes are allowed each GW
    - Other chips - BB, TC and FH are allowed

GK - Ryan and Heaton
    DEF - VVD, Robbo, Taylor (Bur), Diop and Lundstram
    MID - Salah, Sterling, Siggy, Perez, Dendoncker
    FWD - Wilson, Deeney, Jota

Thoughts? I obviously want to pick a 15 that has as many regular starters as possible , injuries, suspensions and players falling out of favour will happen over the season so having a playing 15 is important. Therefore I tend to stay away from any punty players. Capt will be between Salah and Sterling most weeks. Will most likely BB GW1

Nats9314 wrote: »
    Allison button
    VVD Zinncheko Wan-Bis Montoya Lunstrasm
    Salah Perez Fraser KDB Dendonk
    Kane Greenwood King

.....thoughts....have 1.5 itb

For a team with 1.5 ITB that is not too shabby at all!!!!
    I would spend at least 1ml more though. Keep 0.5 back if you want
    Keepers are fine.
    VVD is fine but I would prefer robertson when you have the cash. Not mad on Zinchenko or AWB but they are an easy downgrade I guess. Be aware though that they rotate so one will always be away..........Montoya again I would prefer either Dunk or spend 0.5 and get Duffy
    Midfield and attack is fine. However depending on how much more you spend on defence it might be worth upgrading either dend or greenwood

Good team though

Colking wrote: »
    Having Silva as your sole representative from the best team in the league doesn't seem wise to me.

Its a hell of an attack though.

A lot of us went through an awful lot of last season without any attacking players from City after Aguero got injured

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Think I've finally settled on :

Ryan
    VVD / Digne / Taylor
    Salah / Sterling / Siggy / Felipe Anderson
    King / Vardy / Wood

Button / Targett / Dendoncker / Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

KevIRL wrote: »
    This is an unusual RMT. Its for a league that has the below rules

- No transfers allowed
    - No Wildcard allowed
    - Captain changes are allowed each GW
    - Formation and sub changes are allowed each GW
    - Other chips - BB, TC and FH are allowed

GK - Ryan and Heaton
    DEF - VVD, Robbo, Taylor (Bur), Diop and Lundstram
    MID - Salah, Sterling, Siggy, Perez, Dendoncker
    FWD - Wilson, Deeney, Jota

Thoughts? I obviously want to pick a 15 that has as many regular starters as possible , injuries, suspensions and players falling out of favour will happen over the season so having a playing 15 is important. Therefore I tend to stay away from any punty players. Capt will be between Salah and Sterling most weeks. Will most likely BB GW1

What about swapping vvd for maguire and then deeney for haller

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

After much thinking this is what I'll go with.

Pope/Heaton
    Awb taa laporte (Kelly lundstrom)
    Barkley Siggy Salah Bsilva Perez
    Kane Haller (greenwood)

Hoping this will do me for the first few gameweeks until I see how teams settle down.

A suggestions would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Henderson (Button)
    VVD, AWB, Digne (Cathcart, Kelly)
    Salah, Sterling, Martial, Perez, Moura
    Wilson, Origi (Greenwood)

Hoping/expecting Origi to play the first 2 fixtures for Pool, at 5.5 he could be a nice little short-term punt.

With Lukaku out the door, Martial offers plenty of potential. A high ppg return and I think Ole will play him central, with Rashford out wide. Incredibly frustrating player to watch but I expect points.

Moura seems decent Spurs cover considering their injuries. Perez get value imo. Salah and Sterling need no discussion but KDB will be monitored and may be brought in (for Sterling) after GW2 in order to upgrade Origi.

I'll be playing WC after GW4 so think I'm happy to take a few punts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

claw wrote: »
    Still have this as my team for the 1st week:

Pope Button
    Van Dijk Robertson or TAA Zinchenko Lundstram Kelly
    Salah Sterling Tielemans Jorginho Dendoncker
    King Kane Deulofeu

Main idea now is downgrading Zinchenko to Dunk and upgrading Jorginho to Barkley. Also have to keep an eye on Deulofeu in case he doesn't make the weekend. Or if Everton try and buy him. Trying very hard not to overthink this, think this is the hardest opening gameweek that I can remember!

After Welbeck signing for Watford, gone off Deulofeu so am now looking at 4-4-2. Willing to take a punt on Gomez playing and upgrade one of my 4.0 defenders. And put in Martial for Jorginho. So something like this:

Pope Button
    Gomez Robertson Zinchenko Cathcart (Lundstram)
    Salah Sterling Tielemans Martial (Dendoncker)
    King Kane (Greenwood)

Think I would be unlucky not a field an 11 from that.

I haven't changed my team in over 24 hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Big mac and fries

Is Fornals from West Ham worth a punt? I don't know too much about him but WH seem to be excited by him

Advertisement