Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

iroced wrote: »
    kilburn wrote: »
    Think Heaton or Pope
    I'm slowly awakening back to FPL but is Pope a definite certain starter (what about Hart?).

You'd put Ryan just behind those 2 or with some significant distance away from those 2?

I would have Ryan ahead of them based on the fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

wonski wrote: »
    Thinking 4.0m price I guess ;)

Welcome back everyone BTW.

Can't wait for the whole disappointment of getting most calls wrong again :)

He has 27% ownership.

High ownership means high sell off once everyone realises he is no.2 GK in the squad.

Surely its safer go with a low ownership 4.0 keeper? Or am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    For me
    Pope GW 1
    Heaton GW 2,4 & 5

Thats what i've planned so far

I would like to do the same, but just can't get that 0.5m anywhere in the team... Sticking to just one keeper didn't work well for me last year, though. But that's not my fault. Just picked the wrong one and sticked with it for too long.

joe123 wrote: »
    He has 27% ownership.

High ownership means high sell off once everyone realises he is no.2 GK in the squad.

Surely its safer go with a low ownership 4.0 keeper? Or am I missing something here?

Good point, but why would anyone sell him?Those 27% will use their transfers elsewhere I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lundstram or Rico folks? Currently on Rico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

After much frustration I think I'm gonna stick with

Heaton - Pope

AWB - Digne - Robertson - Zinchenko - Lundstrom

Fraser - Salah - Sterling - Hayden - Dendoncker

King - Greenwood - Kane

On the downside I'm not going to have much on the bench but that's a result of trying to fit in the 3 big premiums in Salah, Sterling and Kane. Losing one of them makes it a lot easier to balance the team out but that's the sacrifice.

Not convinced on Digne as I think Everton will concede goals with only 3 senior centre-halves left and Gueye gone. Think he'll need to produce attacking returns for points. Everton have good fixtures though. Went double Bournemouth because of their fixtures. Plus they usually start seasons well.

Really wanted Jota but Wolves have a tough start and EL games thrown in too. Might look at him again in a month or so.

Had both Robertson and TAA initially but extremely difficult to hold onto both if you have 3 big premiums elsewhere. You'd have to gut the rest of your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

He has 27% ownership.

In theory yes. But the "rules" for the very low ownership players are a bit different and mysterious...

Also it's difficult to know how many are deliberately going for Ryan/Button as their £8.5m GK pair for the season so far. I already did similar pairing in the past and am considering it right now. It's the cheapest "rotation" possible (if Ryan gets injured Button steps in, chances are slim that both get injured at the same time) since
    [...] just can't get that 0.5m anywhere in the team...

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

He has 27% ownership.

Surely most people already know he is a backup keeper if they have any small bit of knowledge of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Benimar wrote: »
    Think I’m going to stick with this unless anyone wants to persuade me otherwise?
    I like it. My draft is actually pretty similar to this except more punt-ish. I've went went Auba over Sterling also as I don't see him as captain material until GW3 at least.

My only worry is with Auba though. I only owned him in the 17/18 season and he was awesome, but never last season. Was he reliable at home for points even with Lacazette starting as CF last season? Seems like the sensible route to take but I've my reservations. I've also not seen a lot of De Bruyne but currently have him. Hoping he plays further forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pope and Duffy or Ryan and KWP

When I see it written down, it seems obvious but at least with Ryan i have a back up keeper. Pope and Duffy would be more fun though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

a ban on the phrase "I had him in my draft" for the rest of this GW please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

SlickRic wrote: »
    a ban on the phrase "I had him in my draft" for the rest of this GW please.

I'd go as far as to say if you haven't had him in your draft at some stage, you're doing it wrong.

DeBruyne was a bit of disappointment last season, but got him into my team as I couldn't afford Sterling.

Will it work? I hope he will be more forward this season and he is definitely a good player. If that happens it's a winner. If not, transfer out and forget. We are really guessing at this stage so the first week team imo is to be balanced with few punts that will hopefully work.

Haven't seen Grealish in any of the team posted, that's just one of my trial players to see how he plays in the higher league.

Heaton (Button)
    Digne Zinchenko Robertson Rico (Montoya)
    Salah(c) DeBruyne Moura Grealish (Robinson)
    Kane Wilson (Greenwood)

Might switch between Ryan and Heaton based on the points raised, but will not change much apart from that. Salah and Kane are my two must have players. Possibly will double up on Liverpool defence soon.

Zinchenko I am not set on yet. Will he even start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭steve_r

Her's mine with 0.5m in the bank. Not hugely satisfied but making my peace with it

Pope/Button - Can't get comfortable on which is best 4.5m goalie but gone with Pope on the basis that Burnley have the most established PL defence

Robbo/VVD/Zinchenko/Lundstram/KWP - KWP is my "punt" option here. Might lose his place but worth a risk

Salah/Sterling/Fraser/Perez/Dendoncker - Happy with the midfield. Was considering KdeB but going without Sterling appears too risky

Wilson/Jiminez/Greenwood - Really struggled picking strikers this year. Couldn't justify the cost of Kane/Auba/Kun relative to what value was available in the defence. Really hoping a few different options open up in the forward options.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think he'll start the first few weeks anyway but not convinced he will hold down the position long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Final Draft:

Pope Heaton

TAA Stones Ake Cathcart Johnson

KDB Salah Martial Lanzini Robinson

Wilson Kane Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

So this is my final attempt. I just need 7pm to come so I can stop!!!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Pope (Heaton)
    Ake - VVD - Robertson - (AWB) - (Lunstram)
    Salah (c) - B. Silva - Martial - Perez - (Dendoncker)
    King - Wood - Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Been set on this side for a while now:

Pope - Button
    Van Dijk - Robertson - Laporte - Digne - Masuaku
    De Bruyne - Salah - Maddison - McGinn - Dendoncker
    Kane - King - Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Right - final team selected:

Pope
    Van Dijk Montoya Coleman
    Mane BSilva Grealish Salah (C)
    Ings King Vardy (VC)

Foster Lacassels Sissoko Mee

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think he'll start the first few weeks anyway but not convinced he will hold down the position long term.

At which point we should either know the centre back pair, or be able to jump to United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

GBX wrote: »
    Think i'm finally settling on this but still unsure on which keeper to go with - Might go with Kepa instead of Foster and start him? Thoughts please :)

3-5-2 or 3-4-3

McCarthy / Foster
    Montoya Mee Van Dijk Coleman Lascelles
    Grealish Salah Mane BSilva Jorgino
    King Vardy Ings

Why spend 5M on Mee or Foster when you can get a Watford or Burnley defender for 4.5M? If you can't find money/don't want to upgade Jorgino i'd consider a 4.5M instead.

I find it hard to critique the full on 15 squads. I think value (as above) means more when rotating especially with .5 itb.

A few are rotating goalies so a quick scroll through the thread should give you some ideas.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    At which point we should either know the centre back pair, or be able to jump to United

Or to another Liverpool defender ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

He has 27% ownership.

People already know this. I have him as my 4m keeper because I think Brighton might struggle. And they have a new manager who might not have loyalty to Ryan. To me this makes Button have the greatest 4m keeper chance of robbing the starters spot at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DeBruyne was a bit of disappointment last season, but got him into my team as I couldn't afford Sterling.

Will it work?

it could easily work. he's unlikely to be as explosive as Sterling, but could be a consistent points getter.

the big advantage to Sterling is he's a captaincy option. KDB, going by previous experience, I'd be reluctant to stick the armband on. that's what you're paying a premium for IMO.

the only reason i don't have him is that I can't afford both with the way I want the rest of my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

franglan wrote: »
    Rate it. Go on rate it.

2 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

S99UqG7_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Any feedback appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still have itchy trigger finger
    Currently have Vvd (along with Robertson ) siggy (who has not left my team at any point. Also have digne ) Norwood and greenwood

I am considering
    Vvd to 4.5 to rotate
    Siggy to martial
    Norwood to 4.5 (drinkwater )
    Greenwood to Jiminez

Or leave as is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

km79 wrote: »
    Still have itchy trigger finger
    Currently have Vvd (along with Robertson ) siggy (who has not left my team at any point. Also have digne ) Norwood and greenwood

I am considering
    Vvd to 4.5 to rotate
    Siggy to martial
    Norwood to 4.5 (drinkwater )
    Greenwood to Jiminez

Or leave as is ?

Leave leave leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

KevIRL wrote: »
    Leave leave leave.

Thanks
    Siggy is an easy downgrade anyway if it’s not going well