Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

probably for the best at this point that the election is decisive. Get over the whole Brexit question once and for all.

Northern Ireland will now be interesting. From what I'm seeing DUP are going to be big losers this time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Thank ****, I need Brexit out of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,906 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

daheff wrote: »
    probably for the best at this point that the election is decisive. Get over the whole Brexit question once and for all.

Northern Ireland will now be interesting. From what I'm seeing DUP are going to be big losers this time out.

DUP lose even if they won every seat tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

easypazz wrote: »
    368 seats for boris according to exit poll.

it's a statement from the nation

• Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I predict a sudden surge of interest in the Jennifer Arcuri story as the only thing on the horizon that might disrupt the looming five years of Boris rule!:P

• Advertisement

I predict a sudden surge of interest in the Jennifer Arcuri story as the only thing on the horizon that might disrupt the looming five years of Boris rule!:P

and some russians, they will try anything :):pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭various artistes

Imagine being a grown adult, with a job and aspirations for home ownership or your kids future, and believing in Jeremy Corbyn.

Just imagine it like.

You can understand the wasters and the weirdos being into it, but people who actually get up and go to work.

Are they illiterate? Ignorant?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Imagine being a grown adult, with a job and aspirations for home ownership or your kids future, and believing in Jeremy Corbyn.

Just imagine it like.

You can understand the wasters and the weirdos being into it, but people who actually get up and go to work.

Are they illiterate? Ignorant?

They just have different views to yourself. The bolded bit is you. This type of us vs them thinking is what has the UK and the US fcuked. I wouldn't vote for him but I understand why people do.

A tory majority is probably not bad for Ireland? This needs to be over asap, one way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭threeball

with a name like threeball, I would expect you to have at least two.

The UK will be fine, just like it was post vote when all said that would see 750k jobless.

Two balls and a brain, unlike yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    Two balls and a brain, unlike yourself

Yeah????, sorry i'm busy enjoying election night

Sterling up 2.5% already

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Bring it home Boris

Britain elects to Hari Kari and accept the deal we wanted them to. Can't argue with them.
    Would have preferred a way to end Brexit altogether, but if it is happening this is the way.

Britain elects to Hari Kari and accept the deal we wanted them to. Can't argue with them.
    Would have preferred a way to end Brexit altogether, but if it is happening this is the way.

desperate

No deal is still on the table, all year long now. Let's see how that goes

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Clearly theres a mandate for brexit to go ahead and get it done this far, the conservatives should have a clear hrexit path now

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Clearly theres a mandate for brexit to go ahead and get it done this far, the conservatives should have a clear hrexit path now

Get what done though? They'll essentially vote for an extension and a cliff edge in December. There will be no trade deals done by then.

desperate

No deal is still on the table, all year long now. Let's see how that goes

Nonsense, Boris will now bury the Brexit dream in fudge and close alignment and extension after extension.

DUP, ERG neutralised. It's not going to happn Crypto. You needed a small majority.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Brexit is happening lads. The vote tonight should shut the remainers up once and for all.

Labour will go back to a blairite leader but will still be irrelevant.

The pound is up, why is that when Brexit is gonna happen? Because it will be a success !!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Limpy wrote: »
    Brexit is happening lads. The vote tonight should shut the remainers up once and for all.

The pound is up, why is that when Brexit is gonna happen? Because it will be a success !!

Because it means a few months of certainty.

I'll put it to you that Brexit has been a mess, but not compared to what's coming. The UK has no leverage and they cannot accept what will be offered. In that event, the U.K. drops out and becomes western North Korea. Or they do accept and it becomes an unmerciful disaster. Somehow get an extension and it becomes an unmerciful embarrassment...however, I don't know if that will be on the table.

Please explain how this will become a success from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Sterling up 2.5% already

Yep, to 1.20

Of course it was worth 1.40 before all this Brexit nonsense but let's forget about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well it looks like Boris can do what he wants now.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What ever about Brexit, Corbin is an awful leader. No charisma, presiding over a party rife with accusations of antisemitism. There didn't seem to be a united Labour campaign in this election

• Registered Users Posts: 32,999 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

cjmc wrote: »
    What ever about Brexit, Corbin is an awful leader. No charisma, presiding over a party rife with accusations of antisemitism. There didn't seem to be a united Labour campaign in this election

A few of the labour candidates who were interviewed tonight have said that Corbyn was the main talking point on the doorsteps....not Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

For anyone who is cheering Boris's victory on the island of Ireland tonight, you haven't been listening or you don't quite give a damn, you're about to have a rude awakening, the next 72 months are going to be carnage.

Jesus christ IDS got reelected.. Tory Scum..

For anyone who is cheering Boris's victory on the island of Ireland tonight, you haven't been listening or you don't quite give a damn, you're about to have a rude awakening, the next 72 months are going to be carnage.

Jesus christ IDS got reelected.. Tory Scum..

Surely we would be talking about very low numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

NIMAN wrote: »
    Surely we would be talking about very low numbers?

You would hope so but reading some of comments online including The Journal are gleeful. Whatever your thoughts of Labour's Leadership under Corbyn, anyone sensible should have an air of sorrow. Things will get bad, but hindsight is a wonderful thing...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Sterling up 2.5% already

Is your income not in euros and your savings in crypto "currencies" which tend to track the USD?

Limpy wrote: »

Whoo hooo!
    I'm getting a payrise as each hour passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Yep, to 1.20

Of course it was worth 1.40 before all this Brexit nonsense but let's forget about that.

Corbyn caused more market skepticism than brexit ever did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Corbyn caused more market skepticism than brexit ever did

i would doubt that is actually the case in reality as corbyn's policies were there for all to see, so therefore the market could and would adapt easily as they would know what to expect so would prepare.
    brexit is generally an unknown for certain, all be it everything is pointing to it being a disaster.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement