Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Feckin landlords:D

Was woken at the crack of dawn by the bailer passing the bedroom window as it went into the field. The bales were gone off the field by the time I had my shower at 7.30.
    He got the edges wrapped and will do the middle himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Just finished baling now nice stuff have to say the day was excellent nice heat and good breeze. Only have to bring them in will give them a few days in the field

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Sami23 wrote: »

When was that cut Reggie.

Has anyone on here baled Hay that was cut last Thursday yet ?

Think I'm just going to come up a day short :(
    Mowed last thurs evening

Last 25 acres done today. Thats a steeper hill than it looks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Reggie. wrote: »
    Last 25 acres done today. Thats a steeper hill than it looks

What baler have you got Reggie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Who2

Baked it up and wrapped. Wasn’t getting much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭tanko

Who2 wrote: »
    Baked it up and wrapped. Wasn’t getting much better.

I think you made the right call, starting to rain here.
    I’m not making hay but it hasn’t felt like hay weather for the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Tileman

Super day here. Great sun and wind all day. Baled up this evening in great condition. Over for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Tileman wrote: »
    Super day here. Great sun and wind all day. Baled up this evening in great condition. Over for another year.

Same as that. Only mowed Sunday late morning. Thought would have to wrap it when I looked at it this morning. But the day came sunnier than forecast. Turned twice and rowed up at 5pm. DM 81%

A busy evening in my garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kk.man

A busy evening in my garden.

Lovely view!

kk.man wrote: »
    Lovely view!

Thanks. I can spy on Buford from my place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,225 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Panch18 wrote: »

A light one that can be pulled up a hill by a ''dini''.........he can bale on the way back down then...😂😂😂😂

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Anyone use a moisture sensor on hay bales? Are they just a gimmick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭Sami23

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Same as that. Only mowed Sunday late morning. Thought would have to wrap it when I looked at it this morning. But the day came sunnier than forecast. Turned twice and rowed up at 5pm. DM 81%

Got mine bale this evening too. Like you said the day was better than forecast. Breeze here all day and sunshine on and off so turned twice, rowed at 17.30 and baled at 7.
    Ideally would have got another day and less turning but the weather decides.
    All.over for 2020. 😉

Panch18 wrote: »

No baler I was doing the raking. The handy job

A light one that can be pulled up a hill by a ''dini''.........he can bale on the way back down then...😂😂😂😂

You'll be glad to know the john deere pulling the fusion couldn't get up the hill either

• Registered Users Posts: 21,161 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Reggie. wrote: »
    No baler I was doing the raking. The handy job

Nice wavy lines for the baler man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Gone up north for a couple of days. Couldn’t get over the he amount of hay down in Monaghan on the way up.

And then the rain came tumbling down :D

Bales in last night followed by 2mm of rain since midnight.
    Wet and windy in North Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

dry in north cork so far, hopefully till this evening. got about 30 acres baled yesterday, and maybe 10 left today. got very lucky yesterday, as was a savage day here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭Dickie10

took my bales in yesterday, happy i did lot of rain over night, busy day yesterday got 4 and half acres wrapped last night, yielded 53 bales. thats me sorted for wnter. has anyone else felt that the weather the last 2 weeks has been very septemberish? like even the good dry days this week and weekend were grand but definite chill on sun that you get in september. no dry burning sun we had in may.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,508 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Dickie10 wrote: »
    took my bales in yesterday, happy i did lot of rain over night, busy day yesterday got 4 and half acres wrapped last night, yielded 53 bales. thats me sorted for wnter. has anyone else felt that the weather the last 2 weeks has been very septemberish? like even the good dry days this week and weekend were grand but definite chill on sun that you get in september. no dry burning sun we had in may.

Definitely feels autumnal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Heavy mist in Galway.so much for summer.
    Sick to the boll1x of this weather now

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭einn32

Heavy mist in Galway.so much for summer.
    Sick to the boll1x of this weather now

The haymakers jig my father used to call it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dickie10 wrote: »

Yeah, definite chill in the air these days. I had to throw on a second tshirt going for the cows the last few mornings.

Just chatting to my chap. He got 38 bales off 3 1/2 acres.
    Another half day would have given him hay. He settled on haylage.

I got 42 of silage last year with only 1 cut.
    He's hoping for a second

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Biscuitus

Got the hay baled just in time. Its not the best quality but there is a lot of it. I'm sorted for Winter supplies now. There is a second silage cut but I'm foolishly hoping I can turn that into hay and sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭davidk1394

It was a crazy few days here. Got it all baled by last night. It started raining here at 7.30 this morning and the day is slow about opening up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Tileman

I think all here got the hay or wrapped it up. Anyone get caught out completely with it on the ground still.

Advertisement