Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Still the practice in some country towns, apparently.

I think its all been a misunderstanding and the butchers have been too shy to say anything. They wanted signs to say "Pork Chops" and here we are decades later with separate shops for pork.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Its final phase? The world population has doubled in the last 50 years. Worst mass murderers ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Even the most innocuous thread about anything here on boards soon descends into ranting about Muslims and travelers and immigrants and welfare scroungers.

I’d say boards is homebase for the lads you’re referring to tbh
    Yeah boards.ie has had a cockroache infestation for years

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

That list reads like tinfoil bingo.

• Advertisement

I’m told she’s targeting areas during day time canvassing and focusing mostly on older people to get her bile out. They are most easily swayed and vulnerable.

And older people do always vote. You’d worry she might get some traction

Most older people are very good at spotting someone spouting ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Most older people are very good at spotting someone spouting ****e.

Some for sure. Not all. They’re all on social media know and so easily targetted. I have a couple in my family bought the whole trump thing book line and sinker and don’t even attempt to question them or point out they’re reading propaganda crap and definitively fake news.
    A very large cohort among the older population are racist and bigoted to begin with amd accidentally. That’s just how this country was in their day.
    Of course not all. But many many are. She knows this hats why targeting them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

She spent a lot of her time during the EU elections on the Northside. Basically popping up in ordinary areas and saying everyone there looks unwell and the place is a kip before scampering off back to her leafy Southside abode.
    I couldn't help but get the feeling she thinks we're all thick o're heor.

As for garnering votes from elderly in Fingal? She's seriously reading the runes wrongly if as a previous said that's what she is doing. Solid party voters out this way for people of a certain generation.
    Plenty of scope for a lefty.

I would say this though- the running field is particularly poor and most ff/fg devotees will be holding their noses voting and rightly so and outside of ff/fg Fingal tends to tack lefty (it's Clare Daly's seat after all).

The conflating of Gem's utterly bizarre (but not unusual for her) rant at the halal butcher (great shop btw) with the Belfast Gake palava I would've tbought was below the intellectual reasoning of the posters pushing it.

Maybe there's something in the water after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

humberklog wrote: »

The conflating of Gem's utterly bizarre (but not unusual for her) rant at the halal butcher (great shop btw) with the Belfast Gake palava I would've tbought was below the intellectual reasoning of the posters pushing it.

Maybe there's something in the water after all.

The False Equivalence is a staple ploy in the RW Combating the Libs Handbook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Lots of supporters of Halal butchery here..surprising to be honest as its so extremely barbaric and inhumane..ah well

• Advertisement

Lots of supporters of Halal butchery here..surprising to be honest as its so extremely barbaric and inhumane..ah well

Says a poster called Harvey Weinstein...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yet you never mention kosher butchery which is even more barbaric and inhumane. Typical of you if nothing else, have to push that agenda no matter what.

Says a poster called Harvey Weinstein...

Yes Harvey supports Kosher butchery..also extremely barbaric.

Its funny that people here despise Gemma so much that they end up supporting Halal butchery..just because Gemma is against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

have a look at how many times the hse/food safety authority. has had to enforce on noor foods, our premier halal slaughter house.

Another poster laughs at the idea that working class people should have gardens...because Gemma supports people having gardens..couldnt make it up.

Another poster laughs at the idea that working class people should have gardens...because Gemma supports people having gardens..couldnt make it up.

Yeah, only working class apartments dont have gardens

Y

Its funny that people here despise Gemma so much that they end up supporting Halal butchery..just because Gemma is against it.

Or maybe they dont like her cos shes a cvnt and have no issue with a Halal butcher.

Lets be honest, if the same guy didnt work shed happily make a video about him being a scrounging immigrant. Again, shes a cvnt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ah that old trope.

Ah c'mon Harvey that's a nonsense. There's barbarity all along the animal food chain but it doesn't put me off my white pudding.

Be better than that. If you can.

Yeah, only working class apartments dont have gardens

All people should have access to small gardens, as it was for most people in the recent past. The fact that Gemma thinks so should not turn people against the idea..dont you think?

Ah that old trope.

Ah c'mon Harvey that's a nonsense. There's barbarity all along the animal food chain but it doesn't put me off my white pudding.

You really think that Halal and Kosher are no more barbaric than our own Irish methods? Slow agonising death versus instant death

• Advertisement

All people should have access to small gardens, as it was for most people in the recent past. The fact that Gemma thinks so should not turn people against the idea..dont you think?

Everyone in the past had a garden?

You may have missed the big story in the papers btw, they stopped making land in Dublin. Theres plenty of other counties people can live in with a garden if they want. People are free to spend their money on whatever they like, so if they want a garden they should go somewhere where houses have them.

Why should everyone have a garden btw?

You really think that Halal and Kosher are no more barbaric than our own Irish methods? Slow agonising death versus instant death

If people werent choosing to use the butcher up to now of their own free will, it would have folded.

Everyone in the past had a garden?

You may have missed the big story in the papers btw, they stopped making land in Dublin. Theres plenty of other counties people can live in with a garden if they want. People are free to spend their money on whatever they like, so if they want a garden they should go somewhere where houses have them.

Why should everyone have a garden btw?

I'm sure you're aware that many many people cannot afford a house with a garden these days. Nor can most people just up and leave.

How very Neoliberal of you. You sound like a US Republican..the irony.

I'm sure you're aware that many many people cannot afford a house with a garden these days. Nor can most people just up and leave.

How very Neoliberal of you

Not in Dublin maybe yeah, much like myself. I still dont see the relevance.

Apartments exist all over the world and people live in them just fine.Some people in Ireland are under the impression we are some sort of special group who must own a house with a garden in a city or we'll die and if we arent provided with this then we are being ethnically cleansed.

You still havnt said why everyone needs their own garden btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,979 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“I lost the argument so now I’ll make it out to be something it’s not”

Ah that old trope.

It seems to me that a poster named for a notorious sexual predator reviled the world over will fail that test every time.

I can see the election posters.

GARDENS FOR ALL!

LAWN ORDER!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,606 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

whippet wrote: »
    she's having some rant about apartments - no gardens, depressed children and dogs on balconies ... like prisons ... but only a few steps away from the beach and all the public parks !!!

She is such a f'n snob - apparently everywhere should be like malahide. Comparing a new six story apartment block near to the coast as similar to the communist tower blocks of Moscow and St Petersburg ... she is deranged
    Wasn't she living in an apartment in Barrow St during her siege of Google there?

Yes Harvey supports Kosher butchery..also extremely barbaric.

Could you point to which specific post(s) here you consider to be 'supporting Halal butchery'?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Dick_Swiveller

At least someone is willing to address immigration in this country. 20 percent of the population are now non-nationals, and not even a debate in this silly country.

Well done, Gemma.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement