Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Really? I wasn't aware that Irish slaughter involved the slitting of throats..care to provide some evidence for that? Because otherwise its not the exact same at all.

They're stunned and unconscious before their throats are slit so makes no practical difference to the animal's suffering.

You seem very concerned for their welfare, I assume you must be a vegetarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so no real change betwen 2011 and 2016
    The percentage of Irish residents born abroad (up 0.3% on 2011)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Ah Harvey ffs man we went through this ****e 6 months ago!

Halal slaughter is the EXACT same as normal slaughter in Ireland, you already know this yet insist on claiming it's a slow agonising death, it's not, it's the same as the butcher who slaughtered the pic/cow/sheep that you have eaten over the last few weeks.

C'mon now Timberrrr....
    If the C.T forum has thought us anything it's that repetition and parroting of nonsense talking points is designed to wear out those who correct and confront the errors or lies and have them abandon the discussion out of sheer exhaustion or frustration...

Leaving the loopers with the last word

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Lots of supporters of Halal butchery here..surprising to be honest as its so extremely barbaric and inhumane..ah well

Can you actually quote a single post in favor of Halal butcery or are you just not going to let facts get in the way of your diatribe?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

banie01 wrote: »
    C'mon now Timberrrr....
    If the C.T forum has thought us anything it's that repetition and parroting of nonsense talking points is designed to wear out those who correct and confront the errors or lies and have them abandon the discussion out of sheer exhaustion or frustration...

Leaving the loopers with the last word

Progressives always project..always. Its their achilles heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Feel free to go back over the previous iteration of this topic where you were corrected.
    Or should people just resort to copy/paste replies to your repetition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭SaintLeibowitz

Yet you believe and spread bat shyte conspiracy theories such as the great replacement on this site.

Stark wrote: »
    They're stunned and unconscious before their throats are slit so makes no practical difference to the animal's suffering.

You seem very concerned for their welfare, I assume you must be a vegetarian.

I'm far from a vegetarian, I just prefer my meat to come animals that were killed humanely, rather than from some inhumane religious ritual.
    I'm also not so completely demented and confused in that I dislike a personality so much that I end up defending a 1400 year old ritual religious slaughter just because the personality I dislike is against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Heh. And of course, it's actually the other way around. This very post is a through the looking glass example of it. The projection is overwhelmingly from the right. Spanky (Trump) is the supreme exponent. You can 100% work out what crimes he's committing at any given moment, because he's accusing all and sundry of it on twitter.

And so, now we're debating the merits of Halal butchery and arguing about the numbers of foreign-born people here.

Deflection and distraction are classic RW techniques also. Can't win the argument? Pick another argument that you think you can win, or at least keep the opponent busy debating an unrelated and irrelevant topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

I'm not a supporter of Gemma but you have to admit she tells it likes it is
    She isn't afraid to ask the tough questions unlike the sheep in rte

Sure Gemtrails. She's a lying fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

I'm far from a vegetarian, I just prefer my meat to come animals that were killed humanely, rather than from some inhumane religious ritual.
    I'm also not so completely demented and confused in that I dislike a personality so much that I end up defending a 1400 year old ritual religious slaughter just because the personality I dislike is against it.

I don't see Gemma making a case for Halal being barbaric - more she is upset that a Halal butchers isn't serving pork, which is ridiculous. What you are trying to do is pretend that those who think Gemma's actions are racist and ridiculous are fervent supporters of the halal method of slaughtering animals which is a conflation that simply doesn't fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

https://www.newstalk.com/news/halal-butcher-viral-video-felt-offended-kept-calm-929104

Newstalk stop short of naming her, hopefully just so as not to give her any publicity and not because they are afraid of being sued the way she tries with pretty much anybody who mentions her name

davedanon wrote: »
    Heh. And of course, it's actually the other way around. This very post is a through the looking glass example of it. The projection is overwhelmingly from the right. Spanky (Trump) is the supreme exponent. You can 100% work out what crimes he's committing at any given moment, because he's accusing all and sundry of it on twitter.

And so, now we're debating the merits of Halal butchery and arguing about the numbers of foreign-born people here.

Deflection and distraction are classic RW techniques also. Can't win the argument? Pick another argument that you think you can win, or at least keep the opponent busy debating an unrelated and irrelevant topic.

Projecting again, deflection and distraction. Its not about winning an argument its about discussing issues. But the progressives deflect and distract such as when someone states that the population of Ireland is 17% foreign born and multiple posters come on to deflect, and distract and deny in order that the issue cannot be discussed properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

Projecting again, deflection and distraction. Its not about winning an argument its about discussing issues. But the progressives deflect and distract such as when someone states that the population of Ireland is 17% foreign born and multiple posters come on to deflect, and distract and deny in order that the issue cannot be discussed properly.

So what if it is 17%? My Mam & Uncle, from Scotland, both in there. But they're white so I guess it's no biggie. I really don't get the fearmongering - does it matter how many people not born here live here?

optogirl wrote: »
    So what if it is 17%? My Mam & Uncle, from Scotland, both in there. But they're white so I guess it's no biggie. I really don't get the fearmongering - does it matter how many people not born here live here?

It does matter yes, not so much at the moment but if that number increases dramatically (which it will) then we will have big problems.
    But this is a 'knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing' argument.

But I accept that many Irish people have lost any sense of identity, nationality, culture and heritage and many others are consumed by national self loathing so to them the idea of Ireland being a mass of differing cultures and ethnicities with no common identity is fine and even desirable.
    Obviously I don't feel that way myself.

I'm talking about people not born in Ireland. The IT figures don't include immigrants who have gained citizenship.

Officially the figure for non-nationals is around 17 percent (add about 5 % to that).

And not even a debate about whether we wanted this.
    From the CSO website - 17.3% of the population were born abroad

born-abroad.png

So i did a bit of digging. the first post refers to people not born in ireland and then refers to non-nationals. the two are not the same. Harvey then posts with his gotcha which shows a figure of 17. except his figure comes from those born outisde ireland. the figure non-nationals is as per the irish times article. foreign-born <> non-national.

So i did a bit of digging. the first post refers to people not born in ireland and then refers to non-nationals. the two are not the same. Harvey then posts with his gotcha which shows a figure of 17. except his figure comes from those born outisde ireland. the figure non-nationals is as per the irish times article. foreign-born <> non-national.

What the are you talking about? Theres no 'gotcha' moment. I simply posted evidence that the number of foreign born residents in Ireland stood at 17% which is the truth.
    Talk about deflection and distraction..yikes

What the are you talking about? Theres no 'gotcha' moment. I simply posted evidence that the number of foreign born residents in Ireland stood at 17% which is the truth.

No deflection. When giving stats it is important to state what the stat is counting. the first poster to mention 17% was very confused and used both non-national and foreign born as if they were interchangeable. they posted this in response to a post on the irish times articles that mentioned non-nationals. Why would anybody care where somebody was born? it is just more of your great replacement nonsense.

"No puppet. You're the puppet".

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Dytalus

No deflection. When giving stats it is important to state what the stat is counting. the first poster to mention 17% was very confused and used both non-national and foreign born as if they were interchangeable. they posted this in response to a post on the irish times articles that mentioned non-nationals. Why would anybody care where somebody was born? it is just more of your great replacement nonsense.

The 17% probably also includes people like me: an Irish man, born to an Irish mother, have been an Irish citizen my whole life and have worked/lived in Ireland my entire adult life.

But because my father was working abroad at the time and my mother was with him, I was born in a foreign country. You'd be hard pressed to use me for any kind of insinuation that I'm reducing the 'irishness' of the country by living here, or that I'm any kind of immigrant. As was the argument made here which started this whole debate.

• Advertisement

Dytalus wrote: »
    The 17% probably also includes people like me: an Irish man, born to an Irish mother, have been an Irish citizen my whole life and have worked/lived in Ireland my entire adult life.
    that 17% definitely includes you.

Dytalus wrote: »
    But because my father was working abroad at the time and my mother was with him, I was born in a foreign country. You'd be hard pressed to use me for any kind of insinuation that I'm reducing the 'irishness' of the country by living here.

That doesn't seem to stop them trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ollkiller

It does matter yes, not so much at the moment but if that number increases dramatically (which it will) then we will have big problems.
    But this is a 'knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing' argument.

But I accept that many Irish people have lost any sense of identity, nationality, culture and heritage and many others are consumed by national self loathing so to them the idea of Ireland being a mass of differing cultures and ethnicities with no common identity is fine and even desirable.
    Obviously I don't feel that way myself.

So from 2011 to 2016 it's increased by 0.3% but your crystal ball knows it will increase dramatically from now on. Lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Are there people here really rallying around gemmas racist agenda? Really?

Have a word with yourselves lads

• Registered Users Posts: 39,940 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

ollkiller wrote: »
    So from 2011 to 2016 it's increased by 0.3% but your crystal ball knows it will increase dramatically from now on. Lol.

But but but the great replacement???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

She will be disgusted that newstalk didn’t name her in the article .. further proof for her that she is being censored !

The likes of Moncrieff and Cooper specifically state that they are not mentioning her by name, so as not to lend her disgusting behaviour any credibility, or help disseminate her poisonous views.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Really? I wasn't aware that Irish slaughter involved the slitting of throats..care to provide some evidence for that? Because otherwise its not the exact same at all.
    And if its the exact same..then why is it differentiated from regular slaughtering techniques? Why is it called Halal?

You are well aware because this has been pointed out to you several times.

But hey ho let's play your game again, it's fun watching you try squirm out of these situations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_slaughter
    The first stage of the process, usually called stunning, is meant to render the animal fully unconscious, and thus not susceptible to pain, but not necessarily dead. In the second stage, the animal is killed, usually by slitting its throat and allowing the blood to drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

She's on twitter this week claiming that four houses and two cars destroyed by a fire is proof of the imminent collpase of Irish society and the contagion of them foreigners.

Except it was an accident fire that spread between four houses and burnt out two cars in their driveways.

She knows this of course, but has no issue outright lying to further her racist agenda.

I'm not linking to her.

People need to stop give her any links or any responses. She's not "telling it like it is" or "saying the things others are afraid to say".

She's genuinely batsh1t crazy and poses a danger to society by disseminating lies and hate speech.

You are well aware because this has been pointed out to you several times.

But hey ho let's play your game again, it's fun watching you try squirm out of these situations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_slaughter
    Heres a video from the Guardian showing what goes on with Non stunned animals.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/hermannkelly/status/1199027401948377088

Can you give the breakdown of how many slaughterhouses use Stun and Non stun? Or are you saying that all Halal factories in Ireland stun the animal?
    Please provide proof for this assertion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Heres a video from the Guardian showing what goes on with Non stunned animals.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/hermannkelly/status/1199027401948377088

Can you give the breakdown of how many slaughterhouses use Stun and Non stun? Or are you saying that all Halal factories in Ireland stun the animal?
    Please provide proof for this assertion.

What has this got to do with Gemma going into a shop and abusing the staff?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement