Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Irish teachers are the 6th highest paid in the world, ridiculous holidays and a huge pension.

Irish nurses 9th highest paid in the world.

The public sector is a greedy, lazy parasite

Sure everyone is a parasite in your eyes (apart from you of course cause you work hard to fund all the parasites)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

batgoat wrote: »
    I already stated that Japan has a pretty well established history of xenophobia.

Thank you for your honesty. You did already answer this question. Notice your woke brethren that refuse to answer this question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Sure everyone is a parasite in your eyes (apart from you of course cause you work hard to fund all the parasites)

Exactly. Private sector is keeping the party going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

batgoat wrote: »
    Developing and least developed countries are the recognised terms. The continent of Africa is made up of a mixture of the two.
    But how do we decide which is which?

"Third World" conveniently covers both.

In order to avoid falling into this pc trap in future, maybe we should just use the White House terminology - $hithole countries.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Depends on a lot.There's cost of living in a country and also rate by stage:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/teacher-salaries-by-country-2016-1?op=1&r=US&IR=T

Starting salary is not so good.

Re nurses:
    https://www.careeraddict.com/top-5-countries-with-the-highest-paid-salaries-for-nurses

Not seeing what you're seeing but feel free to share evidence. I love me some evidence.

Your comment about the public sector is beneath you.

Starting salaries are supposed to be low. It's the start. Public sector sees regular increases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Exactly. Private sector is keeping the party going

Yep. We're all parasites.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Starting salaries are supposed to be low. It's the start. Public sector sees regular increases.
    Ye think? It's the time you spend on the low salary I'm talking about.
    If you're going to spout rubbish at least give a modicum of evidence.

Ye think? It's the time you spend on the low salary I'm talking about.
    If you're going to spout rubbish at least give a modicum of evidence.

6th highest for teachers
    9th highest for nurses

Source: take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

6th highest for teachers
    9th highest for nurses

Source: take your pick.
    Hey if you dont want to discuss things that's fine.

Hey if you dont want to discuss things that's fine.

There is nothing to discuss. The figures are there for all to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Stephen15 wrote: »
    What term would you prefer I used for less well off countries?

Savages:)

So are the top salaries, €29,609 to €49,960 for a level 2 IT engineer, you also start at the low end regardless of experience.

Kimsang wrote: »
    Notice how woke types refuse to answer this question. It is lose lose for them. If they answer yes, they prove they are racists because they define characteristics based on skin colour.

If they answer no, they are hypocrites.

So these woke types inferring I (a non-white) am racist, is racist. Pappa Dollar, pjohnson,Joey, bagoat... are you guys white?

Because if so inferring a non-white is racist is pretty racist of you...

So where are you planning to emigrate to when Justin gets into power?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    So where are you planning to emigrate to when Justin gets into power?

Are you white? I need to know in case I need to call you a racist.

Are you white? I need to know in case I need to call you a racist.

Can't answer my question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

recedite wrote: »
    But how do we decide which is which?

"Third World" conveniently covers both.

In order to avoid falling into this pc trap in future, maybe we should just use the White House terminology - $hithole countries.
    Generalise to the point where it suits your agenda. Even when you're using your own made up definition of the term third world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

That does not take away from the point that despite the hype Nurses in Ireland are not badly paid.

An entry grade staff nurse, just qualified and registered starts on just under 30k basic, plus allowances, shift, over time etc. That is straigth out of college rising within 5 years to 36k and going all the way to just under 46K.

That a staff nurse with no promotions.

the INMO publish pay rates here

Conditions on the other hand are a different matter but that also goes back to working practices which the unions are notoriously resistant to changing.

Blaming the government for the problems in nursing ignores half the problem. Nursing unions have badly let down their members.

Also the way nurses enter the profession needs to be looked at. A significant portion of the unhappiness in nursing can be traced back to the introduction fo the nursing degree and application through CAO. People entered training with unrealistic expectations and people whole unsuited to nursing who would never previously have been weeded out at the interview stage started entering the profession.

I am not a HR person but interviews, psychometric testing, etc need to be looked at with the potential in bring them in as part of the selection process.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,586 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So could you please tell me why eight out of ten nursing graduates were considering emigration in 2017. Pay is better abroad and likewise so are conditions better abroad. Irish nurses are literally voting with their feet and emigrating. But yet how does our healthcare system manage to function at all with so the majority of staff emigrating becuase they are replaced by cheaper labour from abroad. The unions are clearly not doing a

https://www.newstalk.com/news/eight-out-of-ten-nursing-graduates-considering-emigration-539134

I'm not sure why you bother quoting the other question above when you then ignore it completely and and shift the goalposts to answer a different question that you weren't asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Odhinn wrote: »
    Hang on a tic - a few posts ago it was them "undercutting Irish people".....wheres the evidence?

The majority of nurses in irish hospitals are still Irish, afaik.

Yes if Irish workers are not willing to put up with crap pay and conditions and foreign workers are willing to put up with crap pay and conditions then yes that is the very definition of being undercut. Put it I have heard people who are pro immigration say that our health service would collapse if it were not for foreign staff which is true.

However the reason that is because foreign healthcare professionals are willing to work for less than Irish healthcare professionals. If foreign healthcare staff were not there the government would either have to commit political suicide and allow the healthcare system collapse or start paying Irish healthcare staff decent wages and improving conditions.

I'm not sure why you bother quoting the other question above when you then ignore it completely and and shift the goalposts to answer a different question that you weren't asked.

Sure it's your side that completely ignores simple common sense surrounding third world countries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yes if Irish workers are not willing to put up with crap pay and conditions and foreign workers are willing to put up with crap pay and conditions then yes that is the very definition of being undercut. Put it I have heard people who are pro immigration say that our health service would collapse if it were not for foreign staff which is true.

However the reason that is because foreign healthcare professionals are willing to work for less than Irish healthcare professionals. If foreign healthcare staff were not there the government would either have to commit political suicide and allow the healthcare system collapse or start paying Irish healthcare staff decent wages and improving conditions.

Bit odd the unions don't drag the foriegners into it, don't you think? They blame the HSE/Government.

Sure it's your side that completely ignores simple common sense surrounding third world countries

Do please expand on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,291 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Notice how woke types refuse to answer this question. It is lose lose for them. If they answer yes, they prove they are racists because they define characteristics based on skin colour.

If they answer no, they are hypocrites.

So these woke types inferring I (a non-white) am racist, is racist. Pappa Dollar, pjohnson,Joey, bagoat... are you guys white?

Because if so inferring a non-white is racist is pretty racist of you...

What is a "woke type" I'm not that familiar with whatever buzzwords ye use?

Bikos definition off it seems like some kind of daft rubbish.

Bit odd the unions don't drag the foriegners into it, don't you think? They blame the HSE/Government.

That's why being anti immigration is actually a left wing position. Unfortunately the traditional left and the unions have abandoned the working class. Foreign staff are members of their inept union so they're hardly going to offend a fair chunk of their members are they and the unions main goal is getting subs in not looking out for workers right, pay + conditions etc.

pjohnson wrote: »
    What is a "woke type" I'm not that familiar with whatever buzzwords ye use?

People like you that infer I am a racist because ....reasons.
    Fair play on the consistency of racism denial. Real shame you cant be proud and admit what you believe but hey ho.
    So racists continue to insist nothing is ever racist. I dont get their phobia of the word but its amusing anyway. They try to cling onto some part of the modern "PC" world.

Do you believe Japanese people are racist?
    Are you white? Because if so you are calling an asian in the above quotes a racist. Which by woke logic is racist. Everything is racist!!

Do please expand on this.

Certain people on here seem to think that someone from a third world country eg. Nigeria could intergrate into Irish society just as easily as someone from a first world country eg. Italy

That's why being anti immigration is actually a left wing position. Unfortunately the traditional left and the unions have abandoned the working class. Foreign staff are members of their inept union so they're hardly going to offend a fair chunk of their members are they and the unions main goal is getting subs in not looking out for workers right, pay + conditions etc.

So you're saying it's a conspiracy?

Certain people on here seem to think that someone from a third world country eg. Nigeria could intergrate into Irish society just as easily as someone from a first world country eg. Italy

That would depend on the individual.

So you're saying it's a conspiracy?

No my opinion thought this was a place to give your opinion

• Advertisement

Do you believe Japanese people are racist?
    Are you white? Because if so you are calling an asian in the above quotes a racist. Which by woke logic is racist. Everything is racist!!

It would be nice if you could target and quote anyone posting here that's using or has used "woke logic" in such a manner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement