Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

cookie1977 wrote: »
    What would it tell you about me if I answer?

It's up to you if you want to answer. You don't have to but I'm curious to hear what your answer is I may or not agree if I do not I will challenge your reply in civil and respectful manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Stephen15 wrote: »
    No I was just politely reminding the poster that s/he may have forgotten to reply to my post. I don't have any issue if s/he does not wish to respond to my post. I'm just curious to hear what their answer to my post is. No hard feelings either way.

All passive aggressive there aren't we.
    Because I didn't grow up in a war torn economically ravaged country I'm privileged enough to have a choice. Most migrants don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

no he was comparing to somebody he knows from nicaragua. try to keep up

That was pappa not cookie, you've lost track of the thread not me.

Try to keep up. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That was pappa not cookie, you've lost track of the thread not me.

Try to keep up. :rolleyes:

pappa mentioned him originally but cookie was referring to the same person. we have no idea of the qualifications of the sudanese guy that recedite introduced so cannot discuss him properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Because I didn't grow up in a war torn economically ravaged country I'm privileged enough to have a choice. Most migrants don't.
    I grew up in Ireland. There was more war in the north of the country than there is now in the north of Nigeria. And a lot less oil.

• Advertisement

pappa mentioned him originally but cookie was referring to the same person. we have no idea of the qualifications of the sudanese guy that recedite introduced so cannot discuss him properly.

We can discuss what ever we want. Pappa's friend with all the qualifications can't pass the same exam as a guy who doesn't know the difference between an elbow an ankle.

I smell bullcrap and think pappa was telling porkies.

Discuss...

I wouldn't be of the view that Bangladesh is a war torn country as with most third world countries. I would be of the view that most migrants from third world countries are not fleeing war torn countries but rather coming in the false hope of a better life in a first world country the truth is their here in the west isn't any better to what they are used to back home. Case in point Somali migrants sending their children back to Somalia due to London's high rate of knife crime.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/09/british-somalis-send-sons-abroad-to-protect-against-knife-crime

But if given the choice would you feel better able to intergrate into Australian society or Bangladeshi society? Once under no obligation to answer just curious to hear your views.

I have a family friend from Nicaragua. Was a qualifed gp over there, and a medic during the war.

He became a refugee in Ireland as his family were in severe danger over there.

Took him years to get his papers.

And then the medical Council wouldn't recognize his credentials.

Once he could work, he was only able to get kitchen Porter work.

He did that while looking for other work

He's currently a receptionist at a medical practice. A complete waste of a person's qualifications.

So yes, I do believe things should be different.
    We can discuss what ever we want. Pappa's friend with all the qualifications can't pass the same exam as a guy who doesn't know the difference between an elbow an ankle.

I smell bullcrap and think pappa was telling porkies.

Discuss...

Where did Pappa say he couldnt pass the exam?

Somali migrants sending theirchildren back to Somalia due to London's high rate of knife crime.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/09/british-somalis-send-sons-abroad-to-protect-against-knife-crime.
    Import the third world - become the third world.

Where did Pappa say he could pass the exam?

His credentials weren't recognised. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

recedite wrote: »

Can you sound any less racist?

I wouldn't be of the view that Bangladesh is a war torn country as with most third world countries. I would be of the view that most migrants from third world countries are not fleeing war torn countries but rather coming in the false hope of a better life in a first world country the truth is their here in the west isn't any better to what they are used to back. Case in point Somali migrants sending theirchildren back to Somalia due to London's high rate of knife crime.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/09/british-somalis-send-sons-abroad-to-protect-against-knife-crime

But if given the choice would you feel better able to intergrate into Australian society or Bangladeshi society? Once under no obligation to answer just curious to hear your views.

Where did I say Bangladesh was war torn? Is it an integrate or migrate question you're asking me? You've changed it.

Where did Pappa say he could pass the exam?
    "Can't pass the exam"
    Jeez, how many glasses of wine have you had this evening?

Exactly

His credentials weren't recognised. :confused:

And that translates into an exam how? Do you know how qualification mapping works?

And that translates into an exam how? Do you know how qualification mapping works?

I know the difference between an elbow and an ankle.

You really do talk some amount of ****e.

Do you know how the Irish Medical Council works?

Where did I say Bangladesh was war torn? Is it an integrate or migrate question you're asking me? You've changed it.

Apologies I may have misinterpreted your post when you said "because I didn't grow up in a war torn economically ravaged country I'm privileged enough to have a choice" I thought you may have been suggesting that you thought Bangladesh is a war torn country. No worries though

I asked which would you feel more comfortable moving to which is in terms of both emigrating and intergrating into those countries. Just to clear up any confusion which once again I apologise if I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Hi there, Enoch Powell.

Apologies I may have misinterpreted your post when you said "because I didn't grow up in a war torn economically ravaged country I'm privileged enough to have a choice" I thought you may have been suggesting that you thought Bangladesh is a war torn country. No worries though

I asked which would you feel more comfortable moving to which is in terms of both emigrating and intergrating into those countries. Just to clear up any confusion which once again I apologise if I did.

If I could get the same job as I have here I'd say Bangladesh.

Don't apologies to him Stephen. He's the biggest racist here.

If I could get the same job as I have here I'd say Bangladesh.

Ok so but could you elaborate a bit if you so wish. I'm curious to know why you would choose a poorer country which speaks a different language. Are you the more adventurous type?

Ok so but could you elaborate a bit if you so wish. I'm curious to know why you would choose a poorer country which speaks a different language. Are you the more adventurous type?

Absolutely. I've been to Australia and don't really miss it.

To expensive for the locals to cut your lawn or clean the toilet?

That's great if it is what floats your boat but do you accept the majority of other Irish people aswell as Westerners would choose choose Australia as they might find it an easier country to assimulate into. I know which option I would pick.

I haven't been to Australia myself but I have heard some bad things from people who have been there likewise the US but even though I would not want to leave Ireland I would probably prefer to emigrate to those countries than poorer countries that don't speak English like Bangladesh.

That's great if it is what floats your boat but do you accept the majority of other Irish people aswell as Westerners would choose choose Australia as they might find it an easier country to assimulate into. I know which option I would pick.

I haven't been to Australia myself but I have heard some bad things from people who have been there likewise the US but even though I would not want to leave Ireland I would probably prefer to emigrate to those countries than poorer countries that don't speak English like Bangladesh.

But what has all that got to do with migration? Migrants either flee poverty or persecution. Why would the majority of Irish or Westerners flee to poverty? Your premise makes no sense. Of course they'd for the most part pick Australia. Here's a lollipop for being correct.

The emigrant Irish have returned home and done this country proud. Migrants often often return home long after fleeing there home to restart anew. Returning migrants can help develop their countries. Reducing emigration from said countries (see Ireland as an example)

Centuries ago Irish people went off to Europe and educated themselves and then returned home to educate their people. Migration benefits can not only be for the host country but also for the home country.

In the past how many Irish in America kept their families here afloat sending home money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

As people on here are fond of espousing if you're fleeing a desperate situation why don't you land in the nearest place to you?

Why did Irish end up in America during the famine????

• Advertisement

pinkyeye wrote: »
    As people on here are fond of espousing if you're fleeing a desperate situation why don't you land in the nearest place to you?

Why did Irish end up in America during the famine????

Because we would be sent back on the next plane.

Go away with your famine rethoric thank whoring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement