Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Hardly a "disgrace" though is it. The poster is correct not to let himself be bullied.

No. This is a two way conversation.

The questions were valid and would help us see where he is coming from.

It is totally disrespectful to completely ignore them and still ask people questions.

There used to be a great rule about soapboxing, and how it's not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,097 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

OK I feel like that question is being dodged what about this,

https://www.mediaite.com/news/michigan-city-council-candidate-says-town-should-be-kept-a-white-community-as-much-as-possible/

Everyone here agrees this is racist, correct? Or does someone want to chime in and argue it is not? Just a sanity check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Overheal wrote: »
    OK I feel like that question is being dodged what about this,

https://www.mediaite.com/news/michigan-city-council-candidate-says-town-should-be-kept-a-white-community-as-much-as-possible/

Everyone here agrees this is racist, correct? Or does someone want to chime in and argue it is not? Just a sanity check.

Seems like a dodgy link I'm not reading it in case I get a virus anyway seems like you playing whataboutery what has that article got to do with anything being discussed at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

It is totally disrespectful to completely ignore them and still ask people questions.

Nobody is required to answer questions . Don't be silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

A few examples. Just a few. I am actually amazed that anyone is disputing at all that Barrett is a racist!
    Have absolutely no idea who this person is but even if all these things are true...
    Justin Barrett calls for racial profiling and banning all Muslims from entering Ireland
    Not racist.
    Justin Barrett lied about numerous immigration facts
    Not racist.
    Juston Barrett openly mocks and attacks immigrants who become new citizens of Ireland
    Not racist.
    The ICMSA removed James Reynolds because the National Party is racist
    https://www.thatsfarming.com/news/editorial-there-s-no-place-for-racism-in-irish-farming
    Not a racist.

Unless you've studied grievance studies in university in the last few years, racism doesn't mean anyone who's against completely open borders.

You realize it would be easier to invent a new word then to change the meaning of already existing ones(racism).
    It reminds me of this quote from Anita Sarkeesian(Which was not said tongue-in-cheek before anyone asks)
    " Yeah, absolutely. I sort of joke about how it was the most liberating thing that ever happened to me, and also the most frustrating for everyone around me. Cause, like, when you start learning about systems, everything is sexist, everything is racist, everything is homophobic, and you have to point it all out to everyone all the time. So there's a good year of my life where I was the most obnoxious person to be around. And then you settle into it, you start to understand, like, oh people have been living within these systems, and it was just sort of a liberating moment for me. You learn how to pick and choose your battles and that sort of thing."- Anita Sarkeesian

• Advertisement

When I was searching for proof of stephen's 'racism' I found many questions already posed to him in this thread in the form of 'are you a racist' 'do you think brown coloured skin people are equal to white etc..' which he duly answered already.

Then the pattern repeats of a torrent of abuse coming in from other posters unfairly representing the thing that he just said. Its quite ridiculous.

Awww.

Sounds like the poor little racists feel challenged.

Diddums.

1. Did you watch the YouTube video where he rants about "that migrant" in reference to Hazel Chu?

2. Do you think that is not racist?

3. Do you think that Hazel Chu is Irish?

4. Can someone who is not pale skinned with freckles be Irish?

How about some other posters here who "don't consider themselves racist" answer?

Kimsang? Blueshoe?

Strength in numbers after all. If you answer, maybe Stephen may be brave enough to answer.

1. Did you watch the YouTube video where he rants about "that migrant" in reference to Hazel Chu?
    2. Do you think that is not racist?
    3. Do you think that Hazel Chu is Irish?
    4. Can someone who is not pale skinned with freckles be Irish?

1. no
    2. not applicable
    3. I just did some research it seems she was born in Ireland so she passes my test for being Irish. But Irish is a subjective term to many. Many tie it in ethnically to race, like the Japanese and Chinese for example. Would you call the entire populations of China and Japan racist?
    4. As above.

Could you please answer my one question posed? Actually an interesting follow up question free to anyone would be, in what countries could you emigrate to and be considered a native of that country immediately, or within one generation. Answering this question I believe will illuminate the topic at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭PeadarCo

Kimsang wrote: »
    1. no
    2. not applicable
    3. I just did some research it seems she was born in Ireland so she passes my test for being Irish. But Irish is a subjective term to many. Many tie it in ethnically to race, like the Japanese and Chinese for example. Would you call the entire populations of China and Japan racist?
    4. As above.

Could you please answer my one question posed? Actually an interesting follow up question free to anyone would be, in what countries could you emigrate to and be considered a native of that country immediately, or within one generation. Answering this question I believe will illuminate the topic at hand.

Ireland and I imagine most other countries. I know immigratants who after spending just a few years here would be considered Irish by their social circle.

I know you mention race you are aware race is a social construct and has no basis in science. A perfect example of that is Northern Ireland. For extreme nationalists, unionists would still be considered immigratants despite being in Ireland for 300/400 plus years. So labeling someone as native/immigratant is all about the person doing the labeling as North Ireland graphically illustrates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I don't see any racism, bigotry or homophobia

Either you dont understand understand what racism, homophobia and bigotry are or you are not looking properly. Or maybe you're just a National Party hack trying to spread propaganda. I find it incredible and astonishing that anyone would try to claim Justin Barrett isn't a bigoted racist homophobe when Justin Barrett is one of the most racist, homophobic and bigoted public figures in this country. In fact you have been provided with numerous examples in this thread of his racism and bigotry.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

PeadarCo wrote: »
    Ireland and I imagine most other countries. I know immigratants who after spending just a few years here would be considered Irish by their social circle.
    Who is in their social circle though? Have you noticed that Africans often tend to hang around together? Is that because they are racist?
    I know you mention race you are aware race is a social construct and has no basis in science...
    Science is obviously not your forte.
    A perfect example of that is Northern Ireland. For extreme nationalists, unionists would still be considered immigratants despite being in Ireland for 300/400 plus years. So labeling someone as native/immigratant is all about the person doing the labeling as North Ireland graphically illustrates.
    That is not racism, that is a sectarianism and it is also a longstanding example of how multiculturalism does not work, and never has.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,369 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So racists continue to insist nothing is ever racist. I dont get their phobia of the word but its amusing anyway. They try to cling onto some part of the modern "PC" world.

pjohnson wrote: »
    So racists continue to insist nothing is ever racist. I dont get their phobia of the word but its amusing anyway. They try to cling onto some part of the modern "PC" world.

Just because not all things are racist, it doesn't mean nobody is racist. I don't believe in race, but I still see how people can be racist.

The 'phobia' as you call it, is diluting the evil acts of 'real' racists.
    In paleoanthropology, the recent African origin of modern humans, also called the "Out of Africa" theory (OOA), recent single-origin hypothesis (RSOH), replacement hypothesis, or recent African origin model (RAO), is the dominant model of the geographic origin and early migration of anatomically modern humans

1200px-Spreading_homo_sapiens_la.svg.png

Just because not all things are racist, it doesn't mean nobody is racist. I don't believe in race, but I still see how people can be racist.

The 'phobia' as you call it, is diluting the evil acts of 'real' racists.

1200px-Spreading_homo_sapiens_la.svg.png
    Bold part is brilliant :pac:

And you wrote "real" implying you do doubt any supposed real racism. Fair play on the consistency of racism denial. Real shame you cant be proud and admit what you believe but hey ho.

Map is random distraction so thats the normal tactic.

Bold part is brilliant :pac:

And you wrote "real" implying you do doubt any supposed real racism. Fair play on the consistency of racism denial. Real shame you cant be proud and admit what you believe but hey ho.

Map is random distraction so thats the normal tactic.

I'm sorry if you lack the will the appreciate the nuance in this case, but hey go around calling whoever you like a racist and get away with it. Soon you'll realize the word has no meaning anymore because people like you use it too loosely.

I wrote the 'real' part to imply that the term is being used too loosely, but you know that and are willfully misrepresenting me. Either that or I'm sorry that you can't comprehend what I said. Maybe in future ask me instead of inferring your crazy conspiracies. But that's not how things work these days with your type is it.

Yeah it is kind of hilarious really. I wonder if some people around here are just sticking to a National Party handbook instruction of deny racism always.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I'm sorry if you lack the will the appreciate the nuance in this case, but hey go around calling whoever you like a racist and get away with it. Soon you'll realize the word has no meaning anymore because people like you use it too loosely.

I wrote the 'real' part to imply that the term is being used too loosely, but you know that and are willfully misrepresenting me. Either that or I'm sorry that you can't comprehend what I said. Maybe in future ask me instead of inferring your crazy conspiracies. But that's not how things work these days with your type is it.

Just because some live in denial of what they are doesnt mean the word is used too loosely. Its only ever those who have racist rhetoric that insist the word is meaningless. Possibly to make themselves feel better about being a racist. If racism isnt real then they cant be racist therefore they can try to claim some demented superiority complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Simple, if I don't like what you're saying then you're a racist. When someone can't support what they are saying then resort to name calling. It's the progressive left motto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Simple, if I don't like what you're saying then you're a racist. When someone can't support what they are saying then resort to name calling. It's the progressive left motto.
    Eh no that's not it and stop spouting rubbish.

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Eh no that's not it and stop spouting rubbish.

Rubbish is the regressive right motto tbf :pac:

Its fascinating in a way really. Why is there such a concerted effort to deny racism. Fear? Propaganda? Warped understanding of racism?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The people desperately defending the little fella amuses me.

Thankfully his figures in his last election were as bad as Gemmas. Utterly humiliating. Total public embarrassment.

In any other job a performance like that would require an immediate career change if you werent already fired first.

They're shít at what they do. Go do something else.

1. no
    2. not applicable
    4. As above.

It's kind of funny how you've become so illuminated in this thread but didn't watch the video we've been talking about for pages. Selective much?

To answer your question. Australia. My cousins aged 2-10 emigrated there in 1985, and are 100% Australian. Passports, citizenship, voting, accents, the works.

But I suppose it helps because they're white :rolleyes:

Its fascinating in a way really. Why is there such a concerted effort to deny racism. Fear? Propaganda? Warped understanding of racism?

Because people want to have a debate without being accused of being racist. Anyone who mentions the I word is automatically accused of being a racist in this country and it shuts down a healthy discussion.

I don't agree with Gemma O'Doherty for the most part but she has been one of the few people to run for political office who recognises there are problems with immigration. For that I must commend her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

It's kind of funny how you've become so illuminated in this thread but didn't watch the video we've been talking about for pages. Selective much?

To answer your question. Australia. My cousins aged 2-10 emigrated there in 1985, and are 100% Australian. Passports, citizenship, voting, accents, the works.

But I suppose it helps because they're white :rolleyes:

Japan also has a long history of xenophobia and they've been called out for it by international bodies. Not exactly something you should aim for.

Australia.
    Australia and North America are outliers in this because the native populations were almost wiped out.

What about the first question posed? "Would you call the entire populations of China and Japan racist?"

batgoat wrote: »
    Japan also has a long history of xenophobia and they've been called out for it by international bodies. Not exactly something you should aim for.

And it is also probably the most socially, culturally and technologically advanced countries in the countries in the world.

batgoat wrote: »
    International bodies are by definition globalist and therefore not nationalist.
    They don't look out for the interests of the nation state or its citizens.
    In other words, the Japanese do not give a flying fook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I don't agree with Gemma O'Doherty for the most part but she has been one of the few people to run for political office who recognises there are problems with immigration. For that I must commend her.

I'll gladly take a card of any colour for this: F*CK OFF YOU RACIST ASSHOLE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement