Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you blame him or not, MP manhandles woman protester

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Define assault???

Oh for **** sake, get a grip. He pushed her against a pillar and then grabbed her by the throat and dragged her out of the room. That is assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

joe40 wrote: »
    He wasn't employed as security, he had no right to do it.

Of course he had 'right' to protect himself.
    As an MP I am sure he gets regular threats from disgruntled members of the public, something we don't have to deal with so can't be expected to react in the same way as this guy did.
    Plus we have the hindsight of time and thought - the MP didn't. He just reacted.

Another simple case of the world being far too soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Spook_ie wrote: »
    I think not, peaceful protest doesn't mean rushing up to a top table of "dignatories"

The man himself would disagree with you
    https://twitter.com/MarkFieldUK/status/1126432512727764992
    https://twitter.com/MarkFieldUK/status/996046817510023169
    We need more people like him to be honest....

2 faced hypocrites? There's plenty of them as there is in the Tory party.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Protect himself from what? A woman walking past him?

Lux23 wrote: »
    Oh for **** sake, get a grip. He pushed her against a pillar and then grabbed her by the throat and dragged her out of the room. That is assault.

He grabbed her by the neck - at no time did he touch her throat.

Fake News

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

tritium wrote: »
    And if the protestor had a knife intended for mark carney would you still say that, even though the alternative would be to allow that to happen?

You are speaking in a hypothetical its a realm that doesn't exist. You are not sticking to reality. And it actually seems delusional.

This is the real world.

Look at her in reality. She was clearly not violent and was unarmed. If she had been he would not have approached her.

Her body language was actually quite meek and submissive and not at all angry.

Security would have handled that probably a lot better.

He is elected to SERVE people like her.

He owes her an apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

She has a right to protest. He had a right to have her removed, but he didn't need to drag her by the throat. He only has himself to blame.
    That doesn't square with the video I just watched. He grabbed her by the forearm, and then pushed her ahead of him with one hand on her shoulder / back of her neck. At no point does he touch her throat. There's absolutely no need to exaggerate the degree of violence involved.

The surprising thing for me is that it's not like she's rushing him or something that'd maybe explain a defensive reaction. She's just walking behind a row of seated people and he gets up very quickly to confront her. It seems a total overreaction from him.

At least he's admitted he did wrong. I wish Maria Bailey would do the same instead of hiding behind the "I'm a strong mother and some people don't like that" bull****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Foreign Office employee looks like a nasty vindictive thug. He is not security and should not be grabbing people by the neck. It is threatening and abusive behaviour. He is entirely in the wrong and should lose his job. Totally unacceptable behavior for a civil servant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I bet if it was a bloke he wouldn't have done it !

Nobody tried to get physical with this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Maha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't see a problem.
    The woman gatecrashed the event. She got herself kicked out.

joe40 wrote: »
    He wasn't employed as security, he had no right to do it.
    Real men handle problem themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I bet if it was a bloke he wouldn't have done it !
    if it was a bloke this wouldnt be a news story.

She didn't touch him. And no point looked like she was going to touch him.

He was well aware of this.

He assaulted her.

mikhail wrote: »
    That doesn't square with the video I just watched. He grabbed her by the forearm, and then pushed her ahead of him with one hand on her shoulder / back of her neck. At no point does he touch her throat. There's absolutely no need to exaggerate the degree of violence involved.

The surprising thing for me is that it's not like she's rushing him or something that'd maybe explain a defensive reaction. She's just walking behind a row of seated people and he gets up very quickly to confront her. It seems a total overreaction from him.

At least he's admitted he did wrong. I wish Maria Bailey would do the same instead of hiding behind the "I'm a strong mother and some people don't like that" bull****.

Fine, he grabbed her by the neck. And what the **** has Maria Bailey got to do with this?

Because he would never have tried it.

And if he had of course it would be a news story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

His hand never goes near her throat :confused:

A woman couldn't march a man by the neck out of a room like that, so it would never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

You can argue over whether he was in the right or wrong but what world are you living in where throwing someone against a wall and grabbing them by the neck are not physical assault??

I'd be interested to see a Venn diagram of people who think this isn't assault and people who think throwing a milkshake is assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

#Istandwithhim

The lady for causing a scene. Plus she may have had weapons. Safety first !

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

He was totally wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Some fairly deluded men's rights activists on this thread. Guess they just got a new hero to stand up against their victimization.

His hand never goes near her throat :confused:

Right, he grabbed her by the neck. It's this bull**** nitpicking that makes it really hard to take your argument seriously.

She didn't touch him. And no point looked like she was going to touch him.

He was well aware of this.

He assaulted her.

So true. Couldn't agree more.
    do you feel better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Right, he grabbed her by the neck. It's this bull**** nitpicking that makes it really hard to take your argument seriously.

hahahaha nitpicking :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Some fairly deluded men's rights activists on this thread. Guess they just got a new hero to stand up against their victimization.

"real men, hur de hur hur, whoop whoop".

He pushed her against a pillar and then grabbed her by the throat and dragged her out of the room.
    Throat is on the front of the neck. He grabbed her by the back of the neck.

You drag something from in front of it (ie pull). He pushed her from behind.

I get it, it sounds more brutal to say he dragged her by the throat but it's a lie. If you need to lie to make your point then maybe take a step back and reassess your position.

biko wrote: »
    I don't see a problem.
    The woman gatecrashed the event. She got herself kicked out.

Real men handle problem themselves.

Do real men beat up women?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

She will milk this as much as possible, make no mistake she is delighted this has happened, more wallowing in victimhood to come.
    We we all feel this way towards those hypocritcal tosser climate protesters soon enough.

Throat is on the front of the neck. He grabbed her by the back of the neck.

You drag something from in front of it (ie pull). He pushed her from behind.

I get it, it sounds more brutal to say he dragged her by the throat but it's a lie. If you need to lie to make your point then maybe take a step back and reassess your position.

I think YOU seriously need to back up and reassess your position.

Stop making it worse culture is bad enough.

MAN UP

• Advertisement

You are speaking in a hypothetical its a realm that doesn't exist. You are not sticking to reality. And it actually seems delusional.

If she had been he would not have approached her.

Living in the world of hypothical.... Check
    Not sticking to reality.... Check
    Seems delusional.... Check.

Advertisement