Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 2020 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

paulers06 wrote: »
    My brother and partner just got a jogger for their 5 month old and find it great. Will be getting one myself. Think they’re quite pricey so might try to pick one up on adverts.

Thanks Paulers, do you know which one? I’ve been looking at https://outnabout.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6NSRhM_G4wIVSbDtCh2hRw9-EAAYASAAEgIO-vD_BwE
    Also looking at other parkrunners buggys but until I have bump and look a bit pregnant I’d be a bit uncomfortable asking!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Hello everyone! I'm 9+3 and the tiredness has seriously kicked in! I'm shattered the passed couple of days. I'd been hoping to hold off telling work until after my 12 weeks scan but if I carry on being this tired I might have to let them know early. Otherwise feeling OK, nausea not that bad (except when I fly!).

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Great to hear everyone's doing well! Am twelve and a bit weeks. Used my doppler from work and heard heartbeat last week so confirmed not just a food baby. Don't have my booking/scan til nearly 20 weeks so thought I'd better make sure given the ice cream cravings have been strong this week. Hope everyone has an easy last few weeks in T1!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Just popping in to say hello and i hope everyone is feeling ok. I feel like the last two weeks have flown by but I am guessing that is because I'm not as hung up on it as I have been since I found out - I've been feeling better generally and kept busy with work so I haven't noticed the time pass. I kept meaning to book an early scan but i never got around to it and I've my booking visit/ dating scan in the Coombe next Tuesday morning - that snuck up quickly. Just can't wait to get to that 12 week mark and it's so close now I can nearly smell it :p

As I mentioned, the absolute exhaustion and queasiness have subsided for me a good bit now and I feel almost normal again. I'm not getting many period like cramps anymore and I don't wince anytime I brush my chest up against something or put on my bra! I notice that if i get hungry at all, I start to feel a bit queasy so I've been bringing snacks almost everywhere with me. I've had no cravings or food aversions really but i have been thinking all week about steak and beef so I wonder if that's my body's way of telling me I need to up my iron.

I'm mostly looking forward to scan next Tuesday to get the first glimpse of lil Peanut but also have these fleeting moments of panic that we'll get bad news or something will go wrong. I had a dream the other night that it was triplets and I woke up with such a fright at about 3am that I couldn't get another wink of sleep for the rest of the night. No history of multiples in either side of the family and never really even crossed my mind until I dreamt about it!

No idea what to expect next week really other than a chat with midwife for medical history etc. and a quick ultrasound to check heartbeat/ measure baby. Planning to tell both sets of grandparents to be next weekend - first grandchild on both sides and there have been plenty of major and not-at-all discreet hints dropped over the last year so I am sure there will be much excitement. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chelle_C

Had my private scan in Swords last night.
    What an amazing experience...I’m so glad I done it.
    Hearing the heartbeat is indescribable and you can also see it flickering on the screen.

The printed pictures aren’t very clear but everything was when on the screen and I got to see their little arms, legs and head as well as the yolk sac which I first thought was a second baby ha.

I feel so happy today, knowing everything is ok. Such a relief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭charcosull

We were in for our 12 week scan this morning. All perfect and as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

charcosull wrote: »
    We were in for our 12 week scan this morning. All perfect and as it should be.

That’s great that all is well. We’re they able to tell he sex at 12 weeks? Still in two minds about finding out but we’re both thinking that it will at least narrow down the name search!

Is the next scan at 20 weeks? Meeting my consultant on the 12th for the first time for my 12 wk scan so a bit clueless on schedule of appointments and scans

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭charcosull

Yup next scan is 20 weeks. The 12 week gave no info on the sex. They just checked the size and that limbs were present.

We had our booking visit and dating scan this morning in the Coombe - all perfect and I can't stop swooning at pictures of my little Peanut. Now I've seen him/her for the first time, it feels so real! It is mad - baby was jumping up and down and waving arms and kicking legs and I couldn't feel a thing. I'm so happy it looked like a little baby too, I thought it might just be a blob but we could see fingers and nose and the little heart beating away. Baby measuring 11+2weeks - in line with ovulation date not LMP - so due date bumped out to 16 Feb.

That first glimpse was magic - when sonographer turned on machine, it was directly over my big full bladder which just looked like an empty black bag and then she moved it and boom our little baby appeared as clear as day. I know I am gushing but honestly it was just incredible for both of us.

First experience in the Coombe as a public patient was absolutely seamless- I could not fault it at all. My appointment for booking visit was for 9.30 but I was there at 8.20 - got parking easily - and didn't have to queue at all - checked in straight away and was finished booking visit and blood test by 9.30. We went to the coffee dock for a while as we didn't have any breakfast - I guzzled 1.5 litres of water to make sure I had a full bladder - and headed to the scanning unit at about 10.30 - appointment was for 11 - but again, I was seen straight away. We were in the car heading home again at 11! Everyone we came across was so lovely and helpful. Just a really great, positive experience to date. I've a consultant visit now in September (Professor Kennelly), anatomy scan in October and GTT in November. Will look at antenatal classes shortly - there is an all day class run in Naas but I've heard it books up very quickly.

All in all, a great day, I'll never forget the joy seeing baby for the first time. Sh*t just got real :D:D:D I wish I could do it all again tomorrow morning :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cole30

Oh so nice to read about the booking appointments! Mine is also at 9:30 in the morn and I'm just curious if I should get in there early just wonder if going early will be a bit quicker?

• Advertisement

@Cole30 - If you are going down the public route, I would highly recommend going early. I either read on a thread somewhere or someone told me that multiple people could also have a 9.30am appointment and it is based on a check in system - so whoever checks in first gets seen first, etc. I didn't think I was particularly early at 8.20 (my apt was 9.30 too) but I was one of the first to check in. By the time I had finished checking in - say 8.30 or so - there was a fair queue behind me. I did urine sample straight away, then only waited about 5 minutes or so for a booking visit, blood test straight away after that (literally just walked in) - I had all of that done before my actual 9.30 given appointment time. My scan appointment time was 11 but I was also plenty early for that - checked in and was called in about 10 minutes as the sonographer was on her morning coffee break. The whole experience was very easy and efficient and I think that was because I just got started early before the influx.

I booked my next few appointments when I was in on Tuesday and I was given the option of what time to go in at and I chose before 8.30 in all instances so meeting consultant at 8.20, next scan at 7.45, etc. Parking is a big consideration for us - there were only a small handful of spaces left in the Coombe at 8.15 when we entered. By the time we were leaving at 11ish, there were queues of cars waiting at both entrances- I'd say afternoon appointments are nightmarish if you are looking to park your car. Early is the way to go if you can at all IMO ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Rebel Scorned, would you mind me asking, did you get two different appointment letters for your booking appointment and scan appointment?
    I'm going to Holles Street but have only got one letter for a 12 week booking appointment, wondering if I'm missing something! I'm going public.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 clarnimhurchu

I'm going to Holles Street but have only got one letter for a 12 week booking appointment, wondering if I'm missing something! I'm going public.

Hi Innervision, we just don't get a 12 week scan with Holles Street. They only do the 20 week anomaly scan, unless there are any indicators (like a high risk pregnancy) that they need to do more. They should use a Doppler to check the baby's heartbeat, though, which will be lovely.

Lovely to hear that everyone is having their first appointments. Mine is still a few weeks away!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Hi Innervision, we just don't get a 12 week scan with Holles Street. They only do the 20 week anomaly scan, unless there are any indicators (like a high risk pregnancy) that they need to do more. They should use a Doppler to check the baby's heartbeat, though, which will be lovely.

Lovely to hear that everyone is having their first appointments. Mine is still a few weeks away!

Ah ok thanks a mill!

Thanks so much @Rebelscorned! Will head into the city centre early enough tomorrow!

Rebel Scorned, would you mind me asking, did you get two different appointment letters for your booking appointment and scan appointment?

Sorry Innervision, I just saw this now but I see someone else has already responded. I did get two separate letters for the Coombe (public also) - one for booking visit, one for dating scan. I would have presumed all hospitals offer the dating scan in and around the 12 week mark as standard so I'm glad clarnimhurchu set the record straight :)

Evening all. Just thought I'd share an update from Rotounda (public).
    App was for 9:30 but arrived about 8:50 and got checked in. They scan you first so I had my scan by 9:30 and then seen a midwife for 10:15. I was with the midwife for 45 min as it was a very detailed history! She was lovely and very informative so the time flew!. Straight from there went for bloods which is a take a ticket event so was happily surprised to go straight in! The lady who took my blood was lovely! So after the 3 stops I was leaving with future apps by 11:30 so all in was 2.5 hours. Wasnt too bad! Turns out due to late ovulation my 12 week booking app was early so I've been given 25th of Feb!...I've to go back end of aug for another scan because it was too early to check the skull/cord etc! We were continuously reassured and I just feel lucky to get an extra scan!...all in all a lovely and brilliant experience! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

It was good to read how other peoples booking went to so far. I had my Domino booking in apt on Wednesday just gone (lots of questions and blood tests) and my scan is tomorrow morning. Keeping my fingers crossed everything will be ok and there’s not 27 babies growing in there or something!
    Was away for weekend and only packed my normal jeans, had to do the elastic band trick to sort of keep them up as closing the button was realllllly uncomfortable! Anyone else in maternity wear yet? Tops are fine though!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

Popping in to join you lovely ladies after following the thread for a while! I'm 13 weeks, due in mid-Feb. Had the 12 week scan last week and all was well. Lovely to hear about all the scans happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chelle_C

Welcome Redser87, and congratulations!

I had my 12 week scan/booking appt today and all went very well.

I got myself really worked up before it with nerves, I convinced myself something would be wrong and when everything was ok, I sobbed with relief.

I got some very clear pictures, you can even see their little fingers!

Also delighted that my nausea seems to have passed now and other symptoms such as sore boobs, chronic tiredness is also easing.

How’s everyone else doing?

• Advertisement

12 weeks yesterday! Feeling happy and relieved to get here. Nausea is easing but definitely not gone. I am considering getting the compression socks already as I work really long hours and I stand alot in work. My sister only announced she is also pregnant and due February as well so 2 babies in the family!...how is everyone else feeling? Love looking at the apps and seeing the weekly changes.

Great to see that everyone is getting their booking appointments! I was 12 weeks yesterday, but my booking appointment is not until Tuesday, with the community midwives. I can't wait to hear baby's heartbeat, and then I'll go public with the news! I've told a lot of my family, and some friends already, though. I did just tell my boss this week, although I had planned to tell him sooner. There never seems to be a right time!

I get bad nausea every few days, but it seems to be getting a tiny bit better. (It's a lot better when I take car not to be constipated, hope that's not too much information!) Also, the tiredness is not as severe, but I'm definitely not energised. I'll have to get back to some form of exercise, I've really let that slip in the past month, what with work, toddler and exhaustion.

It's so nice reading all the updates on this thread now - most of us have had a glimpse of our little nuggets by this stage. I'll be 14 weeks on Sunday i.e. start of second trimester - time is going so slowly! We've started telling folks also - parents were absolutely chuffed - first grandchild on both sides!

I've been in great health over last few weeks bar the odd pounding headache (I never suffered from headaches before). 2 paracetamol are usually enough to get rid and thankfully they are not frequent - maybe 1 every 10 days or so. No bump yet but I do feel bloaty around my middle and all my clothes still fitting.

I cannot wait to find out the gender - not because i have a preference one way or another - but I just am bursting to know. One of the girls in work is also pregnant and she said she instinctively knew since the day she found out and was proved right (apparently it's a thing!) but I definitely don't have any strong feelings towards blue or pink so whatever Peanut turns out to be will be a happy surprise for us!

We've also decided to get hitched before baby comes - we've been together 10 years and engaged for almost 2 of those but just never been motivated to seal the deal- we've our marriage notification appointment towards the end of this month so hopefully we can fit something in before the end of the year, maybe a civil ceremony followed by a nice meal with close family and a party afterwards for extended family and friends. Hope i'm not a glutton for punishment!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

Oh congratulations RebelScorned! That will be a lovely day.

Congratulations RebelScorned, sounds very exciting. I hope everything goes to plan! My partner and I won't be changing our status in the near future I'd say... just 8 treats together and growing our second baby! :D

Huge congrats RebelScorned that sounds like a lovely day!...glad to see everyone is inching toward the second trimester. I am definitely feeling a bit better and managing 3 meals a day without any vomiting!!...I'm trying to not get ahead of myself but when in the shops I so badly want to go into the baby section!! We have decided to not find out the gender so we wont be shopping a huge amount before as there isn't much neutral available!

We found out the sex with our first, and will again if we can, just at the anomaly scan. Not that I care either way, because a baby is a baby, and I hate all the pink versus blue stuff. We will be as gender neutral as possible with clothes, regardless. But I found it easier to visualise the baby as a person when I knew. Also, my partner is French and he does not understand the logic of not finding out when you can (maybe that's just because I also wanted to find out and couldn't really explain other people's opinions very well)!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Great to hear everyone's getting on well! Lovely when the first trimester's done and dusted. Am 16 weeks now and definitely feeling the odd little kick! All stretched out from first time around so I wake up looking slightly pregnant and by the end of the day am the same size as I was at 28 weeks last time. Oh well. Still refusing to find maternity wear. I lived in scrubs for first pregnancy which was super handy but can't do that in current job. We're having another boy. Did a NIPT a few weeks ago and couldn't restrain myself from ticking the sex box. Made it more real for us. Can totally see the appeal of a surprise but am horribly impatient in general. We keep asking the toddler if he'd like a brother and are currently 50/50 on the responses so we'll see how that pans out closer to time...

Congratulations RebelScorned, that sounds fun. We’re not married either but maybe at some stage we’ll do it. We went on what I called our honeymoon last year, a month travelling around new zealand which was amazing! March 2020 will be a very different adventure!

Hows everyone doing? Stupid nausea has come back to me the last few days so back to bland diet for me. I’m 13+4

Starting pregnancy yoga tonight so looking forward to that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

I'm 13+4 too and after getting away without feeling too bad, nausea is back much worse this week - I thought I'd gotten lucky and escaped it!

Advertisement