Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

February 2020 babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 clarnimhurchu

Congratulations Chelle_C!

I think the cramping is normal, as long as it isn't severe. It's probably due to a slowed digestive system. I get you about staying in bed for a few weeks though, I am wrecked! Unfortunately my 2 year old doesn't understand, and work still has to be done! I'm forcing myself on the bike to work every day, which perks me up somewhat.

Great that you have chosen a plan, RebelScorned. It feels so momentous, getting it sorted out!

I am just counting the days until I will have my private 8 week scan (still 12 to go), and I can see for myself that all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭DAT64

The group is getting bigger and I’m sure there are many more out there :)

I had an early scan this week @ almost 8 weeks. It was too early for abdominal and my bladder wasn’t full enough so I had it trans vaginal which I was used to from the fertility clinic.
    We got to see a beating heart, the shape of the baby, and the buds of the arms and legs were forming so it was so exciting to see it. It so interesting what they can tell you at an early scan, I had no idea they could tell which ovary ovulated!

Lovely to have some pics while I sit back and mind myself until 12 weeks!

Would highly recommend an early scan if you are thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

I will join after reading this thread for the past 3 weeks! I am 6 weeks tomorrow and have a early scan on Wednesday which I am so looking forward to!
    I feel like time is not moving at the moment and am spending a lot of time worrying that something may go wrong.
    I have been exhausted for the past week and quite nauseous but luckily still have not vomited.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cole30

I booked an early scan for the 17th of July. I should be at least 9 weeks by then. I ended up phoning the rotounda as my letter didn't arrive (still hasn't) but have my booking app for 2nd of Aug! Once that's done I'm looking forward to telling people.
    I'm not feeling too bad. Definitely more tired but otherwise not too bad. How is everyone feeling?

Cole30 wrote: »
    I booked an early scan for the 17th of July. I should be at least 9 weeks by then. I ended up phoning the rotounda as my letter didn't arrive (still hasn't) but have my booking app for 2nd of Aug! Once that's done I'm looking forward to telling people.
    I'm not feeling too bad. Definitely more tired but otherwise not too bad. How is everyone feeling?

It will be nice to start telling people.
    As a few others have said I am unreal tired, nauseous but not vomiting yet thankfully, breasts still tender but I’ve been like this since I found out and I’m almost 8 weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Oceangirl09

I had a scan on monday in hospital, I asked my GP to refer me for an early scam due to complications during my last pregnancy...was 8 weeks and 2 days on monday...all good, baby measuring a few days ahead! It's my 2nd pregnancy. Have a 9 month old already so will be a busy house! I got a letter today for an appointment next week which I presume is my booking in appointment..I'll only be 9 weeks and 5 days, is this very early for a booking in appointment? Last pregnancy I had it at about 13 weeks. I would prefer to have it closer to the 12 week mark and then tell family etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chelle_C

Went to the doc yesterday, felt better after a chat and was assured that cramping etc is totally normal.

Got my first scan booked at the hospital for August 14th when I’ll be 11+6 so I’m delighted with that, I had been told it could be a longer wait.

I was going to get an early private scan but don’t think I will now.

How’s everyone feeling?
    I’m tired! Roll on tomorrow, I’m just going to sleep ALL day...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭red petal

I've got an early scan with the hospital next week because of previous miscarriages. I'm only 6 weeks now and so nervous because of the last ones. I won't believe it until I can see that everything is as it should be on the scan. I am exhausted and a little nauseous and cannot wait to just relax and sleep over the weekend! I haven't registered with the hospital yet but assuming I can do that on the day of the scan.

This is a very quiet thread!
    How is everyone?

I wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing cramps, exactly like period pains?
    I’m getting them a lot, actually woke two nights with them.

Google tells me this can be normal however it would be good to know if others are getting this too as it’s worrying me.

Chelle_C wrote: »
    How is everyone?

I wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing cramps, exactly like period pains?

Google tells me this can be normal however it would be good to know if others are getting this too as it’s worrying me.

Yep, I am too on and off. I was a little worried but I think it's just growth now. I had an early scan last week and all looks good.

• Advertisement

red petal wrote: »
    Yep, I am too on and off. I was a little worried but I think it's just growth now. I had an early scan last week and all looks good.

Ah that’s lovely news - I have mine on the 25th, I’ll be 9 weeks.
    Just want to know everything is ok so far, I’ll be able to relax a bit after that.

Glad yours went well :)

How is everyone?

I'm getting intermittent cramps, nothing too bad. My uterus might already be a little stretched from my last pregnancy though! I understand how hard it is not to worry, but it probably is just everything stretching. Hopefully your scan can put your mind at ease.

I am getting a scan tomorrow at lunchtime. Feeling a little nervous, but looking forward to it!

I have had SEVERE nausea for the last 10 days. Struggling to eat anything! I definitely had cramps earlier on I haven't had any for awhile. I've got my early scan on wed so looking forward to clearer idea or EDD as well as checking all is ok! When are you planning to tell people? I'm holding out until after the hospital booking appointment but my OH wants to tell asap. Hope everyone is keeping well. Looking forward to hearing about early scans/booking apps!

I have had SEVERE nausea for the last 10 days. Struggling to eat anything! I definitely had cramps earlier on I haven't had any for awhile. I've got my early scan on wed so looking forward to clearer idea or EDD as well as checking all is ok! When are you planning to tell people? I'm holding out until after the hospital booking appointment but my OH wants to tell asap. Hope everyone is keeping well. Looking forward to hearing about early scans/booking apps!

Sorry about your nausea. Have you tried eating dry crackers first thing when you wake up? Used to work for me before, this time nausea is more manageable.

I've told my parents. I might tell my siblings if a good heartbeat is measured at my scan tomorrow. One of them is due a baby in September, so I don't really want them to know if something were to go wrong with me. I'm thinking of telling my employers next week too, but I probably won't let it generally be known until my booking appointment.

My partner took forever to tell anyone last time, when I told everyone I saw as soon as I knew, and I suspect it will be the same for him this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

How is everyone?

I asked my doc about this a few weeks back - she said the cramps are a sign of growth and the placenta forming and totally natural. Try not to worry and defo try not to Google too much! Totally understand how worrying it is - the cramping used to make me v anxious in the first few weeks, I mean I was regularly checking for spotting or blood but thankfully all is good so far. I'm a first timer too and it's a massive learning curve for us.

I'm feeling a lot better over the last few days - less exhausted, less nauseous, less cramping and boobs not half as sensitive as they were. We were going to go for an early scan but with booking appt in 2 weeks, I don't know if we'll get around to it now. We'll be double digits (10 weeks) tomorrow and that feels like a little victory in itself.

Can't wait for booking appointment as looking forward to telling people and coming clean - I'm too superstitious to tell anyone before the 12 week appointment just in case. I feel like I've been keeping the secret of my life and it's actually kind of lonely because it's this huge lifechanging massive deal to us. Thank god for all my anonymous boards.ie pals :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

I'm too superstitious to tell anyone before the 12 week appointment just in case. I feel like I've been keeping the secret of my life and it's actually kind of lonely because it's this huge lifechanging massive deal to us. Thank god for all my anonymous boards.ie pals :):)

The other side of that is that the whole process is so damn long, I found it quite nice just the pair of us knowing until that 10-12 week period and if you tell folk at 6-8 weeks its whole extra block of time of talking about and questions and what not

I had my early scan today at lunchtime. It was great, although baby is just a blob, everything appears in order. It had a good heartbeat of 159 bpm, and I was set back by 3 days. Now I'm due 26th February 2020. Getting quite close to the 29th, maybe I'll hold out for a leap baby! ;)

I had my early scan today at lunchtime. It was great, although baby is just a blob, everything appears in order. It had a good heartbeat of 159 bpm, and I was set back by 3 days. Now I'm due 26th February 2020. Getting quite close to the 29th, maybe I'll hold out for a leap baby! ;)

Ah brilliant! The scan is great reassurance :-) My due date is 27th and put back a few days by the hospital too. There could definitely be a leap year baby in the group!

Hi all
    Nice to hear how everyone is doing! I wish time would move a little quicker to the reassuring 12 weeks.
    9 + 3 today so it’s getting closer. We told our parents after 8 weeks and told our siblings this weekend as we have a family getaway this week and I was worried they would figure it out on their own.
    Keeping it to ourselves after that until after 1st Aug scan.
    Still nauseous but not getting sick, tiredness has only gotten worse and my boobs are still very sore.
    Hope everyone is doing well x

The tiredness has definitely increased for me too. I work with the public and find I need to go to dark space to try reboot before the next person. Between constant nausea and an insane sense of smell my stomach is turning constantly. Thanks for the suggestion of crackers I've been keeping them near by! I've been trying to manage fruit and definitely feel worse after pre natal vits. I've read alot of people stop taking them due to feeling so ill. Hoping it passes in the next few weeks and the second trimester will be easier!

• Advertisement

I've read alot of people stop taking them due to feeling so ill. Hoping it passes in the next few weeks and the second trimester will be easier!

I've started taking mine before bed instead of in the morning. I find it easier, at least I'm asleep if they're making me nauseous. Plus, I can't stomach much in the mornings at the moment.

Got our early scan today that put us back a week so EDD is 24th of Feb! Was a huge shock to see the little raspberry moving around a nice strong heartbeat! Feels really real now. Due in the hospital on 2nd of Aug hopefully tell people after that!

Got our early scan today that put us back a week so EDD is 24th of Feb! Was a huge shock to see the little raspberry moving around a nice strong heartbeat! Feels really real now. Due in the hospital on 2nd of Aug hopefully tell people after that!

Yay, great! It can be a shock to see that there is something really in there! :D

I've been feeling steadily worse. My tiredness is extreme, and hard to hide in work. Getting bouts of nausea, and I have to pull my waistbands away from my tummy, or I really feel sick. I haven't vomited yet though. I'm trying to snack healthily to keep the nausea down, but then I end up being overly full and nauseous, and I have to walk around to get fresh air. If I go outside at work, the smell of exhaust fumes and people's cigarette smoke is making me feel really sick. At home, my partner is not being very empathetic, and is instead annoyed when I look for any kind of sympathy, telling me "you wanted this again, and you knew what would happen"!

I haven’t actually been sick yet but have had bad nausea from when I wake up until around lunchtime.
    I take my vitamins before bed and have woken up a couple of times in the night feeling sick and needing the toilet, however I’d rather feel like that at home in the night than at work in the day so I’ll keep taking them at night.

I have found that if I eat an apple as soon as I get to work and stay away from tea/coffee completely then the day nausea is much, much better.

8 weeks tomorrow, apparently the size of a kidney bean now haha...still doesn’t feel real.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Hi Ladies

Jumping aboard the thread. I’m 8w+5 which puts me at 22.02.20 for my due date. Been really lucky so far in that I haven’t been sick at all but have been more tired than usual getting up in the mornings and after work.

Had a private early scan on Monday and all good with the baby. Have my first appointment with my OB on the 12th.

Still doesn’t feel real as haven’t really had any symptoms so kinda just business as usual for the moment.

Those of you that have had private scans, did anyone go to Swords?

If so, what can they tell you? I’m assuming it’s just that a heartbeat is present and the baby is measuring ok?

Mine is next week and I just don’t know what to expect.

Thanks

Those of you that have had private scans, did anyone go to Swords?

If so, what can they tell you? I’m assuming it’s just that a heartbeat is present and the baby is measuring ok?

Mine is next week and I just don’t know what to expect.

Thanks

I went to swords yesterday. Appointment was quick and the sonographer was lovely. Measured the baby a few times in diff angles and then checked the heart beat got to take home 4 photos and she typed up a report. For the price it was good value just to put your mind at rest. It also made me less anxious for my hospital app but each to their own.

I find my partner doesn't understand the nausea at all. Its funny because all he wants is for me to eat but other than plain chips or toast I cant even look at anything else!...
    Thanks for the advice re taking vits/snacks its great to come on and air any questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi All,
    I’m another first timer, due feb 22nd 😊
    Super excited but also super tired and nauseous/vomiting to beat the band. Finding myself hiding in work as I’m just so green. Literally going from bed to work to bed this week, but sure it will all be worth it. I’m usually very active but have just been too wrecked to move beyond the bed!

Anyone have suggestions for nausea? I’m on Cariban and successfully vomiting it back up 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Good to hear everyone is doing ok. I’ve been intermittently nauseous and lots of food aversions, but some days I’ve felt fine and eaten normally!

I’ve been eye-ing up peoples buggys when out and about thinking about what sort would be good! Think I’d like one that would be good for jogging as I’m a regular parkrunner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Rockiemalt wrote: »
    Good to hear everyone is doing ok. I’ve been intermittently nauseous and lots of food aversions, but some days I’ve felt fine and eaten normally!

I’ve been eye-ing up peoples buggys when out and about thinking about what sort would be good! Think I’d like one that would be good for jogging as I’m a regular parkrunner!

My brother and partner just got a jogger for their 5 month old and find it great. Will be getting one myself. Think they’re quite pricey so might try to pick one up on adverts.

Advertisement