Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is it possible to have salah Kane sterling and still have a decent team around them ?

Yes I tried one with Auba instead of Kane and happy enough with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dr. Bre wrote:
    Is it possible to have salah Kane sterling and still have a decent team around them ?

Heres a shot

4.5m playing keeper

VVD, Azpilicueta, Dunk, Lascelles (or some other 4.5m def)

Salah Sterling Moura Jorghinho

Kane Vardy

4m non playing keeper
    4m defender (Kelly of palace looks best option)
    Dedonker
    Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Heres a shot

4.5m playing keeper

VVD, Azpilicueta, Dunk, Lascelles (or some other 4.5m def)

Salah Sterling Moura Jorghinho

Kane Vardy

4m non playing keeper
    4m defender (Kelly of palace looks best option)
    Dedonker
    Greenwood

Not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Dr. Bre wrote: »

My team has them...along with TAA Robertson and Digne! It's a risk but I'm going with it. There's always early WC...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Take out Salah and put in Auba instead and it gives you a good captain option every week:

Ryan(or other 4.5)
    TAA Robertson Coleman Zinchenko
    Tielemans Perez Sterling
    Kane Auba Jota

Not bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

2 x 4.5 keepers
    TAA Zinchenko Zouma Diop Kelly (CP)
    Sterling Mané Moura Yarmo Guendouzi
    Kane Wilson 4.5 striker

Moura is a three week punt, can change to Pulisic/Martial depending on form. Alternatively I could go with Lucas Perez from the start and spend the extra 1.0 elsewhere.

Downgrading Wilson would also allow for upgrades elsewhere. Wilson to Abraham allows Yarmo to become Perez and Moura become Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I'm thinking something along the lines of:

2 x 4.5 keepers
    TAA Zinchenko Zouma Diop Kelly (CP)
    Sterling Manoura Yarmo Guendouzi
    Kane Wilson 4.5 striker

Moura is a three week punt, can change to Pulisic/Martial depending on form. Alternatively I could go with Lucas Perez from the start and spend the extra 1.0 elsewhere.

Downgrading Wilson would also allow for upgrades elsewhere. Wilson to Abraham allows Yarmo to become Perez and Moura become Siggy.

Swap out Mane. He'll only just be back from the AFCON.

Swap out Mane. He'll only just be back from the AFCON.
    He's on holiday now but back with the squad this weekend I believe. He probably won't start GW1 but should be there for GW2. Salah requires too much downgrading elsewhere and trying to get Mané in later will be a nightmare, best just to start with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dunks transfer (if it comes) is probably too late in the window for GW1 start

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Martial goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

That Greenwood fella isn't giving much negatives is he? Others have pointed out his chances for price drops. I'd rather leave him and just swap my worst striker for him if he actually became something of a big deal early on. Even if it's temporary.

Ah Feck
    Zaha now linked with Everton !
    That would present a problem for me .......although he does like to win penalties ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

son is my only 100% pick. Salah gonna have a poor season im predicting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Why do you think that? I'm thinking the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Son is banned for the first two games.

yeah i saw that. i think hes cheap at 9.5 tho. ndombele will surely start every game at 6.0 too...

yeah i saw that. i think hes cheap at 9.5 tho. ndombele will surely start every game at 6.0 too...
    Wasting 9.5m on a player who won't play the first two games is unforgivable in FPL. I'd invest elsewhere. Can always look to bring him in GW3 or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Instead of the Siggy+Greenwood combo (12.5), I'm wondering if A.perez+calvert-lewin (12.5) would not be more profitable...

Is calvert-lewin nailed?

bezuaua wrote: »
    Instead of the Siggy+Greenwood combo (12.5), I'm wondering if A.perez+calvert-lewin (12.5) would not be more profitable...

Is calvert-lewin nailed?

At the moment he's a great chance of starting. They're supposed to be in the market for a new striker though so keep an eye.

dsmythy wrote: »
    At the moment he's a great chance of starting. They're supposed to be in the market for a new striker though so keep an eye.

And let’s face it he ain’t very good in fantasy terms
    He is a good player for the team leading the line etc but he isn’t going to get many goals
    Better options in Everton attack

• Advertisement

Wouldn't personally go for DCL. Not nailed and Richarlison can start up top too. Plus the other points above.

Wasting 9.5m on a player who won't play the first two games is unforgivable in FPL. I'd invest elsewhere. Can always look to bring him in GW3 or later.

soz, i was of course referring to the entire season, not gw 1 and 2 when he wont play.

not gonna waste the money on him now for sure

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Arsenal appear to have reached an agreement for Nicolas Pepe (right sided forward) for 80m. Id expect that to mean Zaha wont be going that way now.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m only thinking of getting zaha for 7 mil if yous goes to a top 6 club. I think palace will struggle

Is Deulofeu a spent force? Fancied adding him to the team but see he's a 6.5 forward now. Kind of lost interest but should I?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

dsmythy wrote: »
    Is Deulofeu a spent force? Fancied adding him to the team but see he's a 6.5 forward now. Kind of lost interest but should I?

I like him and probably got him too many times last year but just dont see him as an option right now. Having said that not the worst punt for 3/4 weeks if you are expecting to use a wildcard relatively early.

If Arsenal land Pepe they will have a seriously tasty attack. Will be difficult to overlook an attacking player from them as they will rack up the goals (that applies to both the for and against columns).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Arsenal appear to have reached an agreement for Nicolas Pepe (right sided forward) for 80m. Id expect that to mean Zaha wont be going that way now.

Didn't they tell Palace they couldn't afford more than 40m for Zaha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Shedite27 wrote:
    Didn't they tell Palace they couldn't afford more than 40m for Zaha

They are paying for pepe installments over 5 years.

Palace wanted a lump sum up front for Zaha.

Advertisement