Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Clareman wrote: »
    Eire Og isn't half of the population, the Banner is lucky to have an eight of the players in Ennis, for example Gavin Cooney lives close to The Banner but plays for Eire OG.

I got the 25k from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ennis which has the urban population listed, looking at http://www.clarecoco.ie/Accessible_HTML/business/socio_economic_profile_of_clare/socio_economic_profile_of_clare.html there was 20k within the town boundries in 2006.

Within the town boundaries. Thats the town boundary not the parish boundary.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Feenie

this is on an unrelated note, but I'm interested in buying a new Hurley. Any recommendations? I've used a torpey, buflin and canning in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Try the Bambu!

Torpey or Forde or Heffernan , all the finest, just pick up a few and see how they feel, the right weight is important.

Try the Bambu!

Torpey or Forde or Heffernan , all the finest, just pick up a few and see how they feel, the right weight is important.

are those new bambu sticks really great? the big thing for me is, is this strike **really** better?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

No idea

Torpey does them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

cyVVhSt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭4Ad

Luckily I got a refund..it was terrible quality..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was just looking at the minor results, Eire Og are playing in the B competition in both hurling and football, that's a disgrace in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

4Ad wrote: »
    Luckily I got a refund..it was terrible quality..

I watch Kimaley Cratloe an it was fine. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭KIB4Life

The County Board have seemed to have released some sort of weekend pass this weekend where it says all events can be watched for €18, there only seems to be 3 matches available at the moment.

If some deferred games were involved in that package it would be better value then last weekend hopefully anyway the streaming quality improves from now until the end of the Championship because with the number of new cases of coronavirus in the country and county today I can’t see spectators being allowed into grounds any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

KIB4Life wrote: »
    The County Board have seemed to have released some sort of weekend pass this weekend where it says all events can be watched for €18, there only seems to be 3 matches available at the moment.

If some deferred games were involved in that package it would be better value then last weekend hopefully anyway the streaming quality improves from now until the end of the Championship because with the number of new cases of coronavirus in the country and county today I can’t see spectators being allowed into grounds any time soon.

Where did you see the bit about the weekend pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭4Ad

Figerty wrote: »
    I watch Kimaley Cratloe an it was fine. No issues.

Watched The Mills V Broadford, it was really bad for everyone I was speaking to...not to mention the game itself !!

Where did you see the bit about the weekend pass

I went into purchase the Kilmurry Vs Miltown game and it said did I want to purchase that game for €7.80 or all events which were two others games Eire Og Vs Kilrush and Cratloe Vs Lissycasey game it didn’t show any other games that were down for Sunday some maybe they are only having it as a day pass for €18.00 for 3 games on the day which would be ridiculous or probably there only streaming the games that are on in Cusack Park as the rest of the games that are on Sunday in the Senior Championship are on Miltown.

I went into purchase the Kilmurry Vs Miltown game and it said did I want to purchase that game for €7.80 or all events which were two others games Eire Og Vs Kilrush and Cratloe Vs Lissycasey game it didn’t show any other games that were down for Sunday some maybe they are only having it as a day pass for €18.00 for 3 games on the day which would be ridiculous or probably there only streaming the games that are on in Cusack Park as the rest of the games that are on Sunday in the Senior Championship are on Miltown.

Clondegad game is on in the park on Sunday... so it's again a lack of clarity

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ShortKickOut

Season ticket holder here - i see it was mentioned a while back on this thread but wasnt clarified.. Is there anything in place to accomodate ticket holders? Or is it just tough luck?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Season ticket holder here - i see it was mentioned a while back on this thread but wasnt clarified.. Is there anything in place to accomodate ticket holders? Or is it just tough luck?

I think they are looking to offer refunds to season ticket holders but they haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ShortKickOut

Thanks for the reply. Is it just a case of ordering your games and then producing proof of payment or what? You probably don't know the answer in fairness. Im a football man so didnt need to know this last week :)

Thanks for the reply. Is it just a case of ordering your games and then producing proof of payment or what? You probably don't know the answer in fairness. Im a football man so didnt need to know this last week :)

They aren't taking season tickets into account for the online games, you'll have to pay for the games, €20 for 3 I think, by all accounts the picture on Clare FM is bettet than on the stream

I will say I can see they have brought in a company to do the streaming now, hopefully we can see a drastic improvement this weekend, strange they aren't live streaming the Sunday game in the park

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I will say I can see they have brought in a company to do the streaming now, hopefully we can see a drastic improvement this weekend, strange they aren't live streaming the Sunday game in the park

it was a huge improvement on last week , the streams today were on par with last year which was pretty good in fairness , i am not sure why the 3 games tomorrow are only deferred coverage but it still offers a descent service if you can watch every game in the championship regardless if its deferred or live , hopefully they keep it going even when the restrictions are lifted for attendances and on into next year

• Advertisement

it was a huge improvement on last week , the streams today were on par with last year which was pretty good in fairness , i am not sure why the 3 games tomorrow are only deferred coverage but it still offers a descent service if you can watch every game in the championship regardless if its deferred or live , hopefully they keep it going even when the restrictions are lifted for attendances and on into next year

You were one of the luckier one’s, didn’t work for me for the Cratloe Vs Lissycasey or Kilmurry Vs Miltown games as when I went to stream them on a Smart Tv it said my session had expired, then wouldn’t work on the laptop some eventually worked on my phone but even at that it kept pausing and freezing and barely got to see a minute of action without it pausing apart from the last few minutes of the First half of the Kilmurry Vs Miltown game.

When I heard to criticism last week I didn’t think it could be any worse but in fact it was worse that I thought.

Absolute Joke of a service as far as I’m concerned to pay that money and still not working I know other people who had the same issue yesterday which is not good enough they are fleecing the people and someone in the media or in the clubs needs to take them and call the county board out for the cowboys that they are.

It has made me lost all real interest in the Championship for me, it’s crazy that people aren’t allowed into matches but as many people as they want to be can go to beaches and nothing is said to them. People were allowed into challenge matches but aren’t allowed into the real things what’s the difference I was at a challenge match a couple of weeks ago and people were at it same with the O’Gorman Cup people were able to go into to watch them games as well.

I didn’t feel the same joy and excitement with Kilmurry winning last night as I would have had if I was at the game or even if I could have watched on a proper stream. Yes don’t get me wrong I was delighted for the lads but I would have prefer to be there in person to cheer them on and support them. I sadly don’t think I will watch anymore streams on it and for me it’s just not the same as being at the matches and usually any football weekend I would go to a couple of games or as many games as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

Watched both games and the picture was very good for me. Never froze once. I watched it on laptop.
    The only complaint I can have was the sound in the Cratloe v Lissycasey game -commentator was far too low and Martin Flynns was far too high so it was a quite annoying. The sound improved for 2nd half, and was ok for the 2nd match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

When will the draw for the next round of the football championship be made? Some big teams in the losers section with only one out of Miltown, Cratloe, Doonbeg and Clondegad making the semi finals

Boots234 wrote: »
    When will the draw for the next round of the football championship be made? Some big teams in the losers section with only one out of Miltown, Cratloe, Doonbeg and Clondegad making the semi finals

Tomorrow night I think, you'd assume that Milltown will get through the losers side

You were one of the luckier one’s, didn’t work for me for the Cratloe Vs Lissycasey or Kilmurry Vs Miltown games as when I went to stream them on a Smart Tv it said my session had expired, then wouldn’t work on the laptop some eventually worked on my phone but even at that it kept pausing and freezing and barely got to see a minute of action without it pausing apart from the last few minutes of the First half of the Kilmurry Vs Miltown game.

When I heard to criticism last week I didn’t think it could be any worse but in fact it was worse that I thought.

Absolute Joke of a service as far as I’m concerned to pay that money and still not working I know other people who had the same issue yesterday which is not good enough they are fleecing the people and someone in the media or in the clubs needs to take them and call the county board out for the cowboys that they are.

It has made me lost all real interest in the Championship for me, it’s crazy that people aren’t allowed into matches but as many people as they want to be can go to beaches and nothing is said to them. People were allowed into challenge matches but aren’t allowed into the real things what’s the difference I was at a challenge match a couple of weeks ago and people were at it same with the O’Gorman Cup people were able to go into to watch them games as well.

I didn’t feel the same joy and excitement with Kilmurry winning last night as I would have had if I was at the game or even if I could have watched on a proper stream. Yes don’t get me wrong I was delighted for the lads but I would have prefer to be there in person to cheer them on and support them. I sadly don’t think I will watch anymore streams on it and for me it’s just not the same as being at the matches and usually any football weekend I would go to a couple of games or as many games as possible.

apparently a number of people up around miltown quilty area had problems the only thing i could put that down to was the internet in the area being clogged especially with the long weekend and the extra tourists and that otherwise most i have talked to about it say it worked fine

but yeah its not the same , i would have gone to a number of games over the weekend also in both senior or intermediate in both codes its not the same hopefully restrictions are lifted soon

Clareman wrote: »
    Tomorrow night I think, you'd assume that Milltown will get through the losers side

i think its going to be tuesday evening at half 6 for the draws , miltown are the best team in the losers side but the lack of training has affected their running game they looked like they tired very quick in the second half against kilmurry

i think they could be caught , kilmurry would be odds on now to make the final from the winners side

Round up of the weekends games in the football championship , kilmurry ibrickane are only 2 wins away from the county final after a comfortable enough win over reining champions miltown , Eire og did what was expected with an easy win over kilrush , lissycasey will be very dangerous opposition for anyone in the winners round after a very impressive extra time win against cratloe yesterday

a late winner in injury time the difference between kilmihil and clondegad , the same margin separated ennistymon and doonbeg , while a late breckans goal by jack sheedy sent cooraclare into the losers round

huge win in the intermediate championship by michael cusacks over wolfe tones , kildysart will be favorites to go up after their win over corofin , barefield ,shannon gaels and kilfenora all looked steady with comfortable wins

in the junior A championship shane meehan kicked 2-06 against killkee in the banners demolishing of the blues , a huge warning to any club that takes the foot off the pedal at any stage , kilkee are years away from returning to senior it would seem

SFC Round 1

EIre Og 2-15 v 1-6 Kilrush

Lissycasey 2-09 v 0-13 Cratloe

KIB 0-12 v 0-8 Miltown

Kilmihil 2-05 v 0-10 Clondegad

Enniatymon 0-11 v 0-10 Doonbeg

St Breckans 2-08 v 2-06 Cooraclare

IFC Round 1

Kildysart 0-13 v 0-12 Corofin

Kilenora 1-9 v 0-5 Eire Og (2)

Doora/Barefield 3-17 v 2-13 Naomh Eoin

O’Currys 1-11 v 0-9 Coolmeen

Shannon Gaels 2-12 v 0-6 Liscannor

Michael Cusacks 0-11 v 0-6 Wolfe Tones

JFC A Round 1

The Banner 5-12 v 0-14 Kilkee

Draw is happening Tuesday evening at 6.30

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1290025323682074624?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ah that second goal for Breckens is just comical. Never seen it happen before

• Advertisement

Ah that second goal for Breckens is just comical. Never seen it happen before

any footage?

Advertisement