Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Feenie wrote: »
    I have to agree with the first part, Eire Og need to get it together. Ennis is a huge town and it's a shame the hurling potential is being missed out on. Some proper coaches are probably an order.

Eire Og suffered for years from internal politics, it used to be said that the worst thing to be is the second best player in a position in Ennis because Eire Og wouldn't let you go to the Banner and you were never going to get playing for Eire Og. Not many clubs can say that they got a manager in from outside who ended up getting their best player to transfer to the managers home club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1286421784561176576?s=19

A little over €75 if you were crazy enough to watch them all

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stand em up

Season ticket holders should not have to pay to watch online club games. Tipperary GAA are letting their season ticket holders watch for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

That's a good point. But I thought there was going to be a partial refund on the season ticket iirc?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Looks like Clooney/Quin will struggle without Duggan this year

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1286742760633053185?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

That's a good point. But I thought there was going to be a partial refund on the season ticket iirc?

i think its a full refund in clare not sure , should half followed limerick and tipp but the board would have lost a fortune

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1286421784561176576?s=19

A little over €75 if you were crazy enough to watch them all

plus the quality is diabolical , they should just use standard YouTube 360 kbps or 420 kbps , instead they are using hd 1000 kbps streams , in a rural county that is covered in mountains is a very bad idea and no proper brodband , people will get sick of it very quick

even my internet is descent but wont come close to running the video without pausing for a minute or two ,

lets just say if there are still any john waters or what ever her name was supporters in the county like back in the lockdown , the notion of 5G in clare has been debunked infact we are still lucky to pick up 3G at times :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Streaming Mills V Broadford match, terrible quality and i have good broadband..i paid for this..

Mills winning by a point, 12 mins into 2nd half.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Feenie

didn't get in on any of the club action, anyway I can watch them or what?

Feenie wrote: »
    didn't get in on any of the club action, anyway I can watch them or what?

All available here https://clare.gaa.ie/clare-gaa-tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

Clareman wrote: »

Was Shanaher taking the frees?

That's assuming they work ... Can't watch the Clooney or the Kilmaley games I've purchased.. just says offline...

It's a joke so far, framerate issues that are either using sub par equipment or they have the config incorrect on the stream, the main and secondary cameras have different colour plates, the score board is just a low effort, they couldn't even be bother to crop all the way to the scoreboard, the main cameraman still is unable to follow the play consistently, the sponsor slots are ridiculously loud, there is a real lack of production value about the whole thing.

All of these issues were acceptable when it was free, now it's €7.80 it no longer can be sub par, and it's not like there are a lack of people within the county of Clare who are capable and knowledge enough to either do this or help them add value.

It is not hard at all to have a Tg4 style scoreboard, into/outro transitions, substitutions displayed on screen etc

I'll also say Wexford are using the same streaming platform and are only charging €5 and from what I've been told, haven't had framerate issues so it's not backend issue.

The best thing about th streams has been Clare FM's commentary

All that been said at least it's some form of small progress, covering a large number of games

I think the €7.80 was just for the live games, if you want to watch a repeat it's €3.50. Was talking to someone who got the Eire Og/Bridge games earlier and they said that it was extremely shakey.

I think the €7.80 was just for the live games, if you want to watch a repeat it's €3.50. Was talking to someone who got the Eire Og/Bridge games earlier and they said that it was extremely shakey.

From the email you get

(Click on this link for direct playlist/video access)
    Password: ******** (Use this code to play the desired video(s) on our website)
    Expiry date: 01 Aug 2020
    Total Allowed Plays: Unlimited
    Total Allowed Plays Per Each Video: Unlimited
    Ticket Price: 7.80 EUR

• Advertisement

round up of the 8 first round games in the championship , would have been nice to see one or two of them but the standard of video streaming was diabolical , hopefully its fixed next week for the football of i will be purchasing a ladder :rolleyes:

Clonlara:_______0-19______________1-14_ _____ Newmarket

Micheal O’Loughlin (0-8, 6f); ________________ Colin Ryan (0-8f);
    Conor Bourke, (0-2)_________________________ Eoin Guilfoyle (0-3);
    Ian Galvin, (0-2)__________________________ Stephen Kelly (1-0);
    David Fitzgerald (0-2); ______________________ Colin Guilfoyle (0-2)
    Paraic O’Loughlin,(0-1) ______________________ James Liddy (0-1)
    Dylan McMahon,(0-1)
    Aidan Moriarty,(0-1)
    Cian Moriarty,(0-1)
    Oisin O’Brien (0-1)

Inagh/Kilnamona:_____________2-17___0-14_____Clooney/Quin: 0-14

Aidan McCarthy (1-10 7f), ________________Cillian Duggan (0-05 3f,2’65),
    Keelan Guyler (0-03), _____________________Eoghan O’Brien (0-04 1f),
    Evan McNamara (1-00), _________________________Jimmy Corry (0-01),
    David Fitzgerald (0-02), _________________________Seamus Conroy (0-01),
    Keith White (0-01), ___________________________Ronan O’Donnell (0-01),
    Conner Hegarty (0-01) ____________________________Ryan Taylor (0-01),
    ______________________________________________Luke Harrison (0-01),

Sixmilebridge:________________0-17__0-12___________Eire Og

Alex Morey (0-13 11f), ________________________Danny Russell (0-08 7f),
    Alan Mulready (0-01), _________________________Darren O’Brien (0-02),
    Patrick Mulready (0-01), _______________________Mike Moloney (0-01),
    Derrick Fahy (0-01), ___________________________Marc O’Donnell (0-01)
    Camain Morey (0-01 1f).

Feakle:_________________________0-21____0-16_________Whtegate

Shane McGrath (0-11, 5f, 2’65);_____________Michael Hynes (0-5f);
    Gary Guilfoyle (0-3): _____________________ Andrew Fahey (0-3, 2f, 1’65);
    Oisin Donnellan (0-2); _____________________Paul Burke (0-2 2f),
    Raymond Bane, (0-1)_______________________Colin Burke, (0-2)
    Eoin Tuohy, (0-1)___________________________Ciaran Keenan, (0-1)
    Enda Noonan, (0-1)_________________________Tommy Holland (0-1)
    Killian Bane, (0-1)__________________________Danny Hynes (0-2)
    Martin Daly (0-1)

Cratloe:____________________3-15 ____2-11___________Kilmaley

Rian Considine (1-05 2f), ____________Michael O’Malley (1-07 1’Pen 2f 1’65),
    Liam Markham (0-04 3f), _____________Sean O’Loughlin (1-01),
    Shane Gleeson (1-01 1’Pen), __________ Cian Moloney (0-02 1f),
    Shane Neville (1-00), ___________________Michael O’Neill (0-01).
    Diarmuid Ryan (0-02),
    David Collins (0-01),
    Conor McGrath (0-01),
    Podge Collins (0-01).

Broadford: _____________________0-17___2-13 ____O’Callaghans Mills

Diarmuid O’Brien (0-05), ___________________Jacob Loughnane (0-07 6f),
    Diarmuid Moloney (0-03 2f), _________________Sean Cotter (1-01),
    Cathal Chaplin (0-02 1f), _____________________Colin Crehan (1-01 1f),
    Padraig Taylor (0-02), ________________________Cormac Murphy (0-02),
    Paddy Donnellan (0-01), ______________________ Aidan O’Gorman (0-01),
    Danny Reddan (0-01), _________________________Conor Henry (0-01).
    Paul Moloney (0-01),
    Shane Taylor (0-01),
    Stiofan McMahon (0-01)

Clarecastle:__________________0-16______4-18__________Wolfe Tones

Darragh Healy (0-5f); _______________________Aron Shanagher (2-9, 6f);
    Lee Brack (0-3, 1f, 1’65); ____________________Rory Hayes (1-2);
    Eoghan Wallace, (0-2)_______________________Jack Cunningham (0-4);
    Niall Galvin (0-2); __________________________Dylan Frawley (1-0);
    Colin Brigdale, (0-1)________________________Aaron Cunningham (0-2)
    Killian McDermott, (0-1)______________________Stephen Donnellan (0-1)
    Stephen Ward, (0-1)_________________________Dean Devanney (0-1)
    David Tuohy (0-1)

Crusheen:_____________________0-14______0-16_________Ballyea

Ross Hayes (0-09 6f 1’65), ________________________Tony Kelly (0-07),
    Jamie Fitzgibbon (0-02), __________________________Niall Deasy (0-06 3f)
    Conor O’Donnell (0-01), __________________________Morgan Garry (0-01),
    Donal Tuohy (0-01 1f), ___________________________Gary Brennan (0-01).
    Pat Vaughan (0-01)

All the weekend's results are here https://clare.gaa.ie/fixtures-results/

So I think the way it goes is the losers go into a pot to play each other as do the winners. The winners of the losers play the losers of the winner to get through to the quarter finals against the winners of the winners and the losers of the losers go on to play senior b.

Winners - Ballyea, Wolfe Tones, Mills, Cratloe, Feakle, Bridge, InaMona, Clonlara
    Losers - Newmarket, Clooney, Eire Og, Whitegate, Kilmaley, Broadford, Clarecastle, Crusheen

Anyone know when the draws are taking place?

So I think the way it goes is the losers go into a pot to play each other as do the winners. The winners of the losers play the losers of the winner to get through to the quarter finals against the winners of the winners and the losers of the losers go on to play senior b.

Winners - Ballyea, Wolfe Tones, Mills, Cratloe, Feakle, Bridge, InaMona, Clonlara
    Losers - Newmarket, Clooney, Eire Og, Whitegate, Kilmaley, Broadford, Clarecastle, Crusheen

tomorrow evening i believe . could be a few big casualties in the looses round . newmarket, eire og crusheen and kilmaley will all want to avoid each other

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sasol

What you have described is last years format. This year things are working differently.

This year for round 2, the round 1 winners (Ballyea, Wolfe Tones, Mills, Cratloe, Feakle, Bridge, InaMona, Clonlara) will go into one pot and will be drawn against the round 1 losers (Newmarket, Clooney, Eire Og, Whitegate, Kilmaley, Broadford, Clarecastle, Crusheen) .

So for round 2 you will have a round 1 winner versus a round 1 loser match situation.

The eight winners from round 2 will advance to a quarter final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

sasol wrote: »
    What you have described is last years format. This year things are working differently.

This year for round 2, the round 1 winners (Ballyea, Wolfe Tones, Mills, Cratloe, Feakle, Bridge, InaMona, Clonlara) will go into one pot and will be drawn against the round 1 losers (Newmarket, Clooney, Eire Og, Whitegate, Kilmaley, Broadford, Clarecastle, Crusheen) .

So for round 2 you will have a round 1 winner versus a round 1 loser match situation.

The eight winners from round 2 will advance to a quarter final.

So if a winner from over the weekend e.g. Ballyea play and lose to a round 1 loser e.g Kilmaley they are out? What is the thought process behind that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

Boots234 wrote: »
    So if a winner from over the weekend e.g. Ballyea play and lose to a round 1 loser e.g Kilmaley they are out? What is the thought process behind that?

Thought process is simple. We have a narrow time frame, paly the first match and win, and you have a slight advantage. Loss and you play a winner from round one. This removes one match from the calender.

Anyone who looses round two gets to compete for a 9th place medal...B championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

I suppose it makes sense this year. Every team is guaranteed 2 games, the first round was almost to seed teams. I would expect most of the losers form the first round to lose again apart from maybe Crusheen. Interesting all the same.

The B Championship is a joke really, does anyone remember who won it last year without looking it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭caddy16

I suppose it makes sense this year. Every team is guaranteed 2 games, the first round was almost to seed teams. I would expect most of the losers form the first round to lose again apart from maybe Crusheen. Interesting all the same.

The B Championship is a joke really, does anyone remember who won it last year without looking it up?

Newmarket, Clooney, Eire Og, or Kilmaley are more than capable of taking out a few of the winners as well. All depends on the draw of course.

• Advertisement

It's a fairly open draw between winners and losers, I'd say any of the losers would fancy their chances against Feakle or Wolfe Tonnes

Advertisement