Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish girls are sexually very woke these days lads

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

jimgoose wrote: »
    Hint for the ladies: if you see a prospect using a Vise-Grip as anything other than a temporary shift-lever for a knackered old Honda Cub, drop him - he hasn't a glimmer.

Go away out of that...a Vise-grip can be used in a perfectly sexy manner, and for many years indeed, to open and close the vent on a Stanley stove after the lever has fallen off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Zorya wrote: »
    Go away out of that...a Vise-grip can be used in a perfectly sexy manner, and for many years indeed, to open and close the vent on a Stanley stove after the lever has fallen off.

General replacement lever yes, you are of course quite correct. But anyone who makes a bee-line for an actual fastener with a Vise-Grip when sockets and/or spanners are available needs a nawfal baytin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Because that’s the impression I got from your post. It was the content of your post I was giving my opinion on btw, in spite of you thinking that pointing out you’re a gay man in some way qualifies your opinion on what women are or aren’t into from the insignificantly small sample size of what you and your friends are into.

What do you mean by what I'm into, you're quite assuming aren't you.
    For your information I'm into fishing, camping, hiking, surfing, art and reading...

Does that qualify for you as something to be into?

By the way the threads about being sexualy woke, I posted a post and you seemed to take a dislike to it.

We're all different in our experiences, bit that doesn't mean we're bad people.

Grown adults are entitled to act out their sexual desires in what ever way they choose.

As long as it's respectful, doesn't cross boundaries and legal....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

General replacement lever yes, you are of course quite correct. But anyone who makes a bee-line for an actual fastener with a Vise-Grip when sockets and/or spanners are available needs a nawfal baytin'.

They are all after the lads with the power tools these days, Jim. A lad with a cordless hammer drill would sweep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

B0jangles wrote: »
    I didn't realise there was so much sexual symbolism tied up with crowbars -I'll have to get rid of all of mine - can't be having that sort of filth in the house.

It's going to be a real wrench :(

i'd imagine it would be a terrible wrench.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

i'd imagine it would be a terrible wrench.

Ah now you're hammering the joke home

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

They are all after the lads with the power tools these days, Jim. A lad with a cordless hammer drill would sweep up.

These days any window-licking idjit can acquire and operate a cordless hammer drill from Woodies DIY. A man who owns a Vernier caliper and several torque-wrenches, on the other hand, is a gem. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

B0jangles wrote: »
    Ah now you're hammering the joke home

:pac:

you've hit the nail on the head

Even better still,get a rake and you'll be taking it in :D

These days any window-licking idjit can acquire and operate a cordless hammer drill from Woodies DIY. A man who owns a Vernier caliper and several torque-wrenches, on the other hand, is a gem. :D

Old school, I like it. And no doubt appealing to some of the ladies!

Still, always the chance you get your comeuppance when she spots the new guy in town with his kango hammer :eek:

• Advertisement

Old school, I like it. And no doubt appealing to some of the ladies!

Still, always the chance you get your comeuppance when she spots the new guy in town with his kango hammer :eek:

Is say that hammer can go a long way....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    What do you mean by what I'm into, you're quite assuming aren't you.
    For your information I'm into fishing, camping, hiking, surfing, art and reading...

Does that qualify for you as something to be into?

I mean what you and your friends are into as regards your taste in men. You assume that what you and your friends are into is somehow representative of what women in general would find attractive in a man, and on that basis you gave this advice to men -

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    As a gay man, I have the trust of my female friends to share their escapades with me.

Most of them love being right naughty minxes, I've 5 close single female friends and 2 of them are on fab swingers.

Two frequent tinder and the others married with a bit on the side....

The two on fab swingers consider themselves bi curious willing to play with a hot couple and have interludes with single fit guys.
    They prefer rough and ready athletic guy's, not interested in creepy clean cut jocks.
    Actually most women don't like the Jock look, it's so tacky.
    They don't like the tracksuit and runner scally look either.

Rugged and ferral seems to be the perfect look, a bit like the diet coke look...

Fit masculine and funny seems to be the special on the menu's.

So guy's ditch the collar's up, and dressing like a hybrid of a guy who looks like he's on the 13th hole on a golf course if you're interested in meeting up with a lady for fun without the dramatics or needs...

I don’t think it’s because you’re gay that your friends exercise a lack of discretion about their sex lives, I think it has everything to do with the fact that some people are just like that - regardless of whether they are either a man or a woman.

Secondly, while your friends may not find a particular type of look in men attractive, I don’t know how you could extrapolate that out to assume that most women think anything either way, and thirdly - your ‘advice’ is just silly tbh. I wouldn’t want any sort of interaction with anyone who doesn’t understand the idea of being discreet, certainly not someone who chooses to share intimate details of our sex life with their friends because they enjoy the attention they get for it.

That’s not my idea of fun, which is why I pointed out that your friends behaviour you’re describing just makes them sound dramatic and needy, quite the opposite of anything I would find attractive in a grown woman, they simply sound incredibly immature.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Peachbeach wrote: »
    I've read Mark's models book, very good read.

Who do you know who teaches delivering lines without focusing on developing confidence?

The pua companies I'm aware put a big focus on developing core confidence.

I think quite a few of them pay lip service to 'becoming confident' rather than actually advocating how it is actually done. Manson suggests a man should simply try and become a better version of himself though developing interests and passions.

In fairness, much of the PUA stuff has moved on in recent years but if someone has poor social skills, they are already up against it.

I mean what you and your friends are into as regards your taste in men. You assume that what you and your friends are into is somehow representative of what women in general would find attractive in a man, and on that basis you gave this advice to men -

I don’t think it’s because you’re gay that your friends exercise a lack of discretion about their sex lives, I think it has everything to do with the fact that some people are just like that - regardless of whether they are either a man or a woman.

Secondly, while your friends may not find a particular type of look in men attractive, I don’t know how you could extrapolate that out to assume that most women think anything either way, and thirdly - your ‘advice’ is just silly tbh. I wouldn’t want any sort of interaction with anyone who doesn’t understand the idea of being discreet, certainly not someone who chooses to share intimate details of our sex life with their friends because they enjoy the attention they get for it.

That’s not my idea of fun, which is why I pointed out that your friends behaviour you’re describing just makes them sound dramatic and needy, quite the opposite of anything I would find attractive in a grown woman, they simply sound incredibly immature.

I think I read into your response wrong, and I suppose girl's just want to have fun and more power to them it's their business.

I'd say you're a bit closed minded and parochial with your view's on the whole sexual liberation thing.
    But that's alright Jack :D

Yes you're right it's a bit immature, and I myself don't divulge my escapades unless it's a rare or big fish I caught or getting barreled on a big wave on a reef or something like that.

They're just older women in their 40's who've been through the ringer with narcissistic men and they're letting their hair down when they've time to themselves...

Midlife crisis maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Hard to believe theres still some folk using that lefty term 'woke' lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Irish Girls are Sexually Very Awoken these Days Lads

....would have been a better thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

And lets us not forget, he is said to be a little bit rapey.

Now if I was a woman, I think I'd find that a bit of a turn off!

You'd think, but with some charisma, good looks, a successful career in rape...murder...necrophilia, etc. the women will be queuing up for you.

A stint on television will seal the deal.

It's called the B.U.N.D.Y. method.

Edit- He did clobber victims with a crowbar. It's all beginning to make sense. Occams Razor never loses its sharpness.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

An old uncle of ours called us aside one day when we were about 14/15 to give us a bit of advice.

“Stay away from anything with tits or wheels, you’ll only get into trouble”.

It was good advice at the time even if we paid little heed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Zaph wrote: »
    No, it's in Ukraine

True . Sorry
    But granddad giving advice to a young fella about bj’s is a bit yikes

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Dougie Lampkin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

thats what woke means. ok. learn something new everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The term woke is kind of over now.

An old uncle of ours called us aside one day when we were about 14/15 to give us a bit of advice.

“Stay away from anything with tits or wheels, you’ll only get into trouble”.

It was good advice at the time even if we paid little heed.

So just men and hoverboards for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Thought "woke" originated regarding conspiracy theorists etc who know the "truth" and so on (therefore they're more awake than the rest of the "sheeple"). Not exclusively left or right.

Most of us can agree that it's a dumb word used for dumbness. I think the OP is just using it humorously/ironically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

woke people are the counterparts of red pill takers or whatever they call themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Thought "woke" originated regarding conspiracy theorists etc who know the "truth" and so on (therefore they're more awake than the rest of the "sheeple"). Not exclusively left or right.

Most of us can agree that it's a dumb word used for dumbness. I think the OP is just using it humorously/ironically.

Generally I guess it sort of means to have your eyes opened in a spiritual sense. If I start eating mustard for the first time in 30 years I'm woke to mustard. Or am I? Maybe that's not a good example. Who the **** knows. What I do know, despite what anybody says, is that young women in general are way more woke in a sexual context than they were as recently as seven or eight years ago.

Mr BMW six pack 100 grand a year between 30 and 60 can trade in his 32 year old girlfriend for 22 year old replacement every 10 years.
    Every woman has been riding the carousel since 16. When they start hitting the wall at 30 and get baby rabies they find Mr BMW is unobtainable so they start taking an interest in Mr 9 to 5 white van who is Dad material.
    Any sensible single man between 20 and 60 should stay single hit the gym and focus on money and enjoying himself.
    If you are dating women a few rules apply.
    Don't feed them til you sleep with them. Three dates and no sex? Dump them. If you are dating never call or text between dates. Have sex with a woman only three or four times and never call her again or she will start talking about moving in together what pattern curtains should be in the living room etc
    Keep a rotation of women in your life - never delete a number - never officially start or end a relationship.
    Never give a woman what she wants and she'll eat out of your hand.
    Women just want to waste your money and your time and distract you from your purpose.
    The ten people who thanked the above poisonous sh1t - well obviously some just plain hate women as is standard here, but smurgen, Day Lewin (a woman!) - did ye even read it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

The ten people who thanked the above poisonous sh1t - well obviously some just plain hate women as is standard here, but smurgen, Day Lewin (a woman!) - did ye even read it?!

Careful now, or they’ll label you a cuck and try and convince you to take the red pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

A huge amount of truth in it though, as to how women are viewed by a certain section of men and no different to how men are viewed by a section of women.

• Advertisement

A huge amount of truth in it though, as to how women are viewed by a certain section of men and no different to how men are viewed by a section of women.
    Yeah a few folk enjoy saying there is a huge amount of truth to it, rather than actually noting the language being used, such as likening a person to a car. "Baby rabies", "the wall" (huge favourite of woman haters).

Do please tell me where the huge amount of truth is in the following:

"If you are dating women a few rules apply.
    Don't feed them til you sleep with them. Three dates and no sex? Dump them. If you are dating never call or text between dates. Have sex with a woman only three or four times and never call her again or she will start talking about moving in together what pattern curtains should be in the living room etc
    Keep a rotation of women in your life - never delete a number - never officially start or end a relationship.
    Never give a woman what she wants and she'll eat out of your hand.
    Women just want to waste your money and your time and distract you from your purpose."

Why not recognise it for what it is: deranged.

Advertisement