Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Don't normally post in here :D But does anyone else find it incredibly annoying that every song which was popular in the past (even if we're only talking about a year ago!) now has its comments section on YouTube completely and totally clogged up with "Anyone still listening in 2017?" "2018 anyone?" "Thumbs up if it's 2019 and you're still in love with this song!" etc etc etc.

Nobody gives a bollocks, I want to see what people actually think of the song and not what year ye all happen to be watching it in, FFS :D

In fairness, YouTube comments sections have always been clogged up with irrelevant sh!te, but at least there used to be some variety. EVERY song with more than a few hundred thousand views on YouTube is now 99% "Listening in year X, anyone else?" and pretty much no other commentary at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Went for a run in the beautiful park near the house for the first time this afternoon and stupidly forgot to put on insect repellant. My poor legs are destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Went for a run in the beautiful park near the house for the first time this afternoon and stupidly forgot to put on insect repellant. My poor legs are destroyed

Flys love salt, sweat and sugar

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Pink. A woman heading for 40 still singing songs about teenage angst. Just heard "can we pretend". Dirt. She'll still be hanging around like Madonna like a bad smell in 20 years time, trying to be cool and hip.

Dont you dare slag Madonna off.Shes not trying to be cool and hip.**** off with that ageist ****e:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

dubstarr wrote: »
    Dont you dare slag Madonna off.Shes not trying to be cool and hip.**** off with that ageist ****e:mad::mad:

Watch her on Graham Norton recently, it was tragic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

My TA is a lot of barbers these days.

What can I do for you
    1 back and sides and thin the top please
    What fade do you want
    What the **** are you on about

Have you booked
    No, I have joined the age old queueing system
    Sorry we only take bookings

Would you like a beer or a coffee
    Would you like a drink with a 95% chance of having anyones hair in it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Watch her on Graham Norton recently, it was tragic

She doesn't even look human anymore.

Remember when the backing dancer tried to remove her cape on some award show and she fell down the stairs? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

That’s was classic! Like a train wreck I couldn’t tear my eyes away from. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Those mini gelatelli cornettos from Lidl. Why did I buy them?? Impossible to eat just one. Don’t even want to think about how many I’m after eating

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

She doesn't even look human anymore.

Remember when the backing dancer tried to remove her cape on some award show and she fell down the stairs? :D:D

She got back up though and finished the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People at work swearing oaths that they're going to raise a stink about their situation and then completely caving in the meeting about it.

dubstarr wrote: »
    She got back up though and finished the show.

Sure it'd be more mortifying is she just lay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kettle of water.
    Open tea pot.
    Open tin of teabags.

Kettle of boiling water ends up in the tin of teabags instead of the teapot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Kettle of water.
    Open tea pot.
    Open tin of teabags.

Jesus, thats tragic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Some plonker power washing his patio for the last two hours
    Bzzzzz bzzzzz bzzzzzz through my brain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Parked my lovely new car today in a corner space in an empty carpark away from everyone else .... and guess what? Some fcuking poultice reverses right up beside me crookedly. Bastard .

I moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

FFred wrote: »
    Parked my lovely new car today in a corner space in an empty carpark away from everyone else .... and guess what? Some fcuking poultice reverses right up beside me crookedly. Bastard .

I moved.

I would have done the same. F**rs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Kettle of water.
    Open tea pot.
    Open tin of teabags.

Shtrong aul cup you'd be gettin owwa that.

Edit: My TA is in fact the way I start talking like people in TV programmes I watch. Watched 2 episodes of Hardy Bucks last night, then this happened.

I so hated myself when Friends was big.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Shemale wrote: »
    My TA is a lot of barbers these days.

What can I do for you
    1 back and sides and thin the top please
    What fade do you want
    What the **** are you on about

Have you booked
    No, I have joined the age old queueing system
    Sorry we only take bookings

Would you like a beer or a coffee
    Would you like a drink with a 95% chance of having anyones hair in it

Beer & coffee? Jaysus. I changed barber when they asked if I wanted my eyebrows done (dunno what she was going to do with them, don't wanna know).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA that my boyfriend will wash up for bed and spend a good while in the bathroom getting sorted but waits until he’s under the duvet before he unleashes a massive fart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

TA that my boyfriend will wash up for bed and spend a good while in the bathroom getting sorted but waits until he’s under the duvet before he unleashes a massive fart
    Lolz.

It’s his digestive system adjusting to the sudden horizontal position apparently or something sciencey and stuff ... (this is why I don’t teach Biology anymore and stick to maths :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My trivial annoyance is on RTÉ1 at the moment. Brendan O'Carroll's quiz called For Facts Sake. Apparently it's the last episode, so that's okay. I escaped the rest of them...

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Not sure what 9-pointed means in the spammer thread.

I think it means I'm in love!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Caught behind a tractor on the way in to work this morning on a part of the road where any slow moving vehicle causes a tail-back to develop due to a lack of safe overtaking spots.

I genuinely believe tractors and other farm machinery shouldn't be allowed on busy thoroughfares before 9AM. The evenings are longer this time of year any way so its not like they are in a massive hurry.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I went shopping yesterday evening for supplies for the weekend. When I got home to cook, I realised that I bought no food to cook and just bought loads of junk food.

Included in the junk was bog standard jam doughnuts. The jam is not seedless. What f*cking madness is this. I'm very upset about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Being asked to contribute to gifts for people who are leaving the company. In my time here I would estimate over 100 people have left. This is with a total staff of about 50 at any one time. Half of them I barely knew or remember their names:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pawwed Rig wrote:
    Being asked to contribute to gifts for people who are leaving the company. In my time here I would estimate over 100 people have left. This is with a total staff of about 50 at any one time. Half of them I barely knew or remember their names

I once got asked to contribute to a gift for someone who was moving to another department, 15 feet down the office. How I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Not getting paid right from work. I only got paid for around half the hours I actually did :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Not getting paid right from work. I only got paid for around half the hours I actually did :mad:

That's not trivial, that's theft (unless you weren't asked to do the work).
    You need to sort this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

That's not trivial, that's theft (unless you weren't asked to do the work).
    You need to sort this.

I’ll be going straight to the manager when I’m in tomorrow. Think there was issues with the clock in machine so perhaps that’s why, but there’s absolutely no way that I’m letting it go

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement