Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Shemale wrote: »
    Women who are so anal about having to hair dry their hair or use straighteners. Frizzy / wavy hair is SO sexy.

That's good cos at the moment mine is gone very curly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I just don't get pajamas. Waaay too hot.. :pac:

No pajamas is waay hotter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Autosport wrote: »
    That's good cos at the moment mine is gone very curly :D

Sooo sexy Auto :)

If I fancy a girl and I see her with frizzy / wavy / curly hair she is about 20% sexier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Seatbelts that slowly creep up around my neck and try to choke me are a regular trivial annoyance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Shemale wrote: »
    Sooo sexy Auto :)

If I fancy a girl and I see her with frizzy / wavy / curly hair she is about 20% sexier.
    You should have seen retro:electro yesterday Shemale, she was big time flaunting her curly hair for us all. She is such a tease :p
    Waking up with a head of curls after the humidity that has me wondering if there’s any bichon frise in my ancestory

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Autosport wrote: »
    Car service bill :(. On the bright side it was only €660, good job i love my car :D
    What did you get done,oil and filter?I love my car but its 170e for a service and they're warned not to do anything bs extras like wipers,windscreen wash etc.
    Nah, she prob'ly gold-plated the engine. AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When this thread takes a turn towards the (poorly attempted, sorry) flirtatious. I know I'm like a broken record but I just find it so boring. I'm angry and I need the TAs. Just PM eachother where you can get properly smutty!

Also, the fact that there never seems to be a breath of air in my room all night, til about 4am when the wind decides to pick up to a minor gale and the blinds start clanking like mad. If I could remember the name of the wind god from Junior Cert Classics, I'd be cursing him right now. Aiolus, or summat like that.

Third TA: the fact that I'm going to have to Google that now and will probably fall down a Wiki rabbit hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What did you get done,oil and filter?I love my car but its 170e for a service and they're warned not to do anything bs extras like wipers,windscreen wash etc.

Oil and filter, brake pads and discs, wipers, fuel filters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

I'm tired! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Autosport wrote:
    Oil and filter, brake pads and discs, wipers, fuel filters

The filter is made from the finest silk known to mankind!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also, the fact that there never seems to be a breath of air in my room all night, til about 4am when the wind decides to pick up to a minor gale and the blinds start clanking like mad. If I could remember the name of the wind god from Junior Cert Classics, I'd be cursing him right now. Aiolus, or summat like that.

Third TA: the fact that I'm going to have to Google that now and will probably fall down a Wiki rabbit hole.
    Aeolus. No bunnies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Pink. A woman heading for 40 still singing songs about teenage angst. Just heard "can we pretend". Dirt. She'll still be hanging around like Madonna like a bad smell in 20 years time, trying to be cool and hip.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The general attitude to tax in Ireland.
    The idea that it's the government stealing from you. The general acceptance of evading tax wherever you can.

What about the idea that taxation goes into a big pot that is used to run our country?
    What about the idea that whenever someone evades tax, the rest of us have to pay more?

I get it that many people believe that tax isn't used efficiently but lessening the size of the tax pool won't help this. Voting in better politicians is what will help this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

The general attitude to tax in Ireland.
    The idea that it's the government stealing from you. The general acceptance of evading tax wherever you can.

What about the idea that taxation goes into a big pot that is used to run our country?
    What about the idea that whenever someone evades tax, the rest of us have to pay more?

I get it that many people believe that tax isn't used efficiently but lessening the size of the tax pool won't help this. Voting in better politicians is what will help this.

I have often said that I would actually prefer to pay more income tax, if only it could be guaranteed to be spent correctly. Unfortunately, this would probably never be the case.

Also, it's almost always the high earners/business class that evade tax, the ones who could most easily afford to pay more. PAYE workers don't really get the opportunity to dodge taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ultimate first world TA. I can’t drink my tea in the hairdressers properly because my hair is laden down with foils and I can’t tilt my head back. Also she put sugar in it. Gack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This conversation that Im having for the millionant time yesterday, and its variations.

1, Friend asked why I was in bad humour, I say its cause my memory issue is getting in the way of something I need to have done seeoner that later. He says that it 'sounds like stress, you need to relax'.

2. Work asking about my transport receipts even tho they know that Im not allowed drive(evenone knows this), the person who asked this tells me I should try as I 'will get used to it"

I have professional reports to back these claims, and amatures think they know better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Grammerly isnt working on this computer!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

OMG, applying for a promotion and I have to find outsider grown up's to vouch for me!
    D(*m, going to have to be nice to irritating strangers for the next while,
    as someone with a medical condition which makes me naturally irritable, this may be the small thing that drives me over the edge.

Tl/Dr, why dont I have outside friends with posh jobs who I can ask to lie for me!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I spent about 20 minutes sitting in my back garden last night and have been DESTROYED by mosquito bites. I've got 6 on my arms and 2 more on my legs. Little fockers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

SLUGS. EVERYWHERE OUT THE BACK. WAAAH!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Ultimate first world TA. I can’t drink my tea in the hairdressers properly because my hair is laden down with foils and I can’t tilt my head back. Also she put sugar in it. Gack.

Gross! Don't know how people like sugar in their tea but yes sure we are all different!!

Hope the hair turns out beautiful :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Those cringy lidl ads.

SLUGS. EVERYWHERE OUT THE BACK. WAAAH!!! :D

A bowl of aple cider vinegar with the mother with some washing up liquid in, discouraged the ones who used to live in my ex garden.

Reusable and eco friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Trying to write a semi important email especially since I'm not used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Working, feeling ill, won't go home cos I'm a martyr. Had steak sambo for lunch and felt amazing until 2pm and now I feel **** again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Trying to write a semi important email especially since I'm not used to it.
    Just cut the chase.
    Here you go:

"I quit".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There's a group of workmen that have been standing around outside their van across the street for the last half hour. A half hour, standing in a busy street, doing nothing. At one point the dip**** who was standing furthest out was doing a little dance. You'd think at some point one of the five would point out that there's no reason to be standing in a dangerous spot, and they'd all go stand on the empty footpath six feet away, but no. I hope they all get run over and get a group Darwin award.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kivaro wrote: »
    Just cut the chase.
    Here you go:

"I quit".

It's done now.
    After draft and draft of sending it to myself it's done.
    At the last moment I noticed I spelled my surname incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Shower head all of a sudden has a mind of its own. No matter what way I try to secure it, it slowly moves until its facing away and soaking the rest of the bathroom

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Shower head all of a sudden has a mind of its own. No matter what way I try to secure it, it slowly moves until its facing away and soaking the rest of the bathroom

untwist the head slightly, it'll reduce the pressure a wee bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    untwist the head slightly, it'll reduce the pressure a wee bit.

Cheers, will give that a go

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement