Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Constant bitterness and negativity. It's so toxic to be around.

Roald Dahl explained it best: "If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Very apt description of Mrs Twit

Constant bitterness and negativity. It's so toxic to be around.

Roald Dahl explained it best: "If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
    Crooked nose owner here.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    What blasphemy is this???
    Use this weekend as a preparation for the real thing next week so. Pretending to be "curious" and "interested"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Autosport wrote: »
    A friend of mine did this recently and then decided she didn't like the fringe so just clips it back with nice hair clips :)

Thing is, I had a fringe a few months ago and loved it so I don’t know why now I’m unsure about it :rolleyes:

ETA: Succubus, I’ve only just seen your post now. I’m so sorry to hear that, always here for you if you need a rant or a moan xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

vriesmays wrote: »
    Ireland's got talent getting cancelled.
    For me this is like a thousand Christmases and birthdays combined!!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When parents rub their insecurities onto their children!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I whacked my little toe off the door at about 6.00 this morning, feeling that horrible pain that comes with it, but unfortunately I must have done proper damage. My toe is a lovely dark red/purple colour now, and both pain and numbness all down the side off my foot. I'd planned having the weekend all to myself, catching up on some Netflix, but now I have a good excuse! :o

I whacked my little toe off the door at about 6.00 this morning, feeling that horrible pain that comes with it, but unfortunately I must have done proper damage. My toe is a lovely dark red/purple colour now, and both pain and numbness all down the side off my foot. I'd planned having the weekend all to myself, catching up on some Netflix, but now I have a good excuse! :o

Jeeeezus. Youi only dipping concerned about Netflix
    Next weekts the bank holiday. If your accident happened then, every single reader would be laughing at ye.
    You've still time to prepare for the bank holiday. Oh, my TA is the addictive quality of Netflix on everybody.,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Oh, and there was a comedy series that I'd recorded recently from the BBC (six episodes), so I eventually got around to watching it this afternoon. Half way throught the last episode, the picture froze and didn't come back. Being a BBC programme, it isn't easy to watch them here (and I couldn't be bothered with getting around the location thing).

The programme wasn't great, but still...it's annoying.
    Bredabe wrote: »
    Trying to organise the dog's cremation(ahead of time to avoid additional upset)
    Neither of the crematoria or vets will just send me the info, the one who has responded insists on 'talking it through'.

I only want an idea of the price!
    Check out the prices towards the bottom of this link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jeeeezus. Youi only dipping concerned about Netflix Next weekts the bank holiday. If your accident happened then, every single reader would be laughing at ye. You've still time to prepare for the bank holiday. Oh, my TA is the addictive quality of Netflix on everybody.,

You're going to have to explain the bank holiday thing to me. This is your third post today about it and I'm equal parts lost and intrigued!

AH answer : Nah.

Legal Discussion:. I'd need to research an answer and then make sure it does not constitute legal Discussion.

My aunt says to my mother.(Her sister in law).
    Joe my brother(My mother's son) is beautiful and intelligent like our side of the family.
    But Ciara my sister(My mother's daughter) is like your side of the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Joe my brother(My mother's son) is beautiful and intelligent like our side of the family.

Many years ago during a long bus strike I picked up a young girl to give her a lift
    She turned to see my baby in the car seat and said
    Oh he is gorgeous , he must be like his dad “”

( i am his mam ) !

Would someone ever tell that aunt to go fcuk herself once and for all..what a wagon.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"You're right, and anyone can tell you were obviously adopted."

Would someone ever tell that aunt to go fcuk herself once and for all..what a wagon.

They have thankfully I haven't seen her since June and prior to that it was in February and that's only because somebody died.
    I have gone well over a year without seeing her. She's just a nasty yoke. I'd be sharp with her but my parents are afraid of her.
    When I was little I used think she was like Catherine Nevin and as an adult I think similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Not trivial but I'm sad so I'm going to put it here anyway. My marriage ending. Ten years she's been in my life. Feeling all sorts of sadness right now.

take care man. Someone close to me going through similar atm.

Charisma Uniqueness Nerve and Talent!

Someone blowing their car horn, repeatedly, when they are outside someones house!!! So Annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RickBlaine

A 20 year old asked me for a film recommendation and I suggested a movie that was made in the 1970s. He said, "But aren't all 1970s films in black and white". Sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

How very Hyacynth Bucket of her!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I think this migjt be the most trivial annoyance of all time, but...

When I was a kid, a long, long, time ago, I went to the Gaeltacht.

More than once the dinner was spaghetti bolognese. Not the best spag bol ever, but still, spag bol.

One of the other kids insisted of covering it in ketchup.

Still annoys me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

decky1 wrote: »
    You know when your stopped at a traffic lights and nothing is coming either way and these people still press the button for the traffic lights then they stand there like goms,' CROSS THE ROAD WHEN THERE IS NOTHING COMING' YOU DON'T NEED THE SIGN ON THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS TO TELL YOU WHEN TO CROSS.'
    When the elderly uncle is with me we always cross at the lights. He's partially sighted and not great on the legs. On my own, I'll dash across! As a driver, though, I share your annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

They have thankfully I haven't seen her since June and prior to that it was in February and that's only because somebody died.
    I have gone well over a year without seeing her. She's just a nasty yoke. I'd be sharp with her but my parents are afraid of her.
    When I was little I used think she was like Catherine Nevin and as an adult I think similar.
    I'm perplexed that as a child you knew who the Black Widow was :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I think this migjt be the most trivial annoyance of all time, but...

When I was a kid, a long, long, time ago, I went to the Gaeltacht.

More than once the dinner was spaghetti bolognese. Not the best spag bol ever, but still, spag bol.

One of the other kids insisted of covering it in ketchup.

Still annoys me now.

Completely ruined it, I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

honeybear wrote: »
    Receipts left in shopping trolleys or at pass machines

This reminded me of pre pay fuel pumps. You are specifically asked if you would like a receipt, with 2 very clear options - yes or no.

I have yet to use one that doesn't have at least 2 million receipts shoved into little grooves below the display screen.

Can half the population not read? Do people just select yes?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's often the case that the receipt takes so long to print that it leads people to think the printer's broken or out of paper and they just give up and walk away... and the next person finds the previous receipt and "disposes" of it, only for the process to start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Got a quote for trading in my iPad from Apple website last week.
    Went online today to retrieve the quote and it didn’t exist. :(
    Tried for a new offer and it is now worth €0 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Listening to my neighbour vomiting repeatedly in his back garden at 7 this morning.. Not sure why he didn't use his bathroom??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement