Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

_blaaz wrote: »
    Why
    Is
    Naten
    Carter
    On
    The
    TV

Why is he anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Why
    Is
    Naten
    Carter
    On
    The
    TV

It's

Repeat.
    Television.
    Everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Near certain hasnt changed
    I have been known to frequent An Uisce Beatha at ‘my’ end of the quay :)

FFred wrote: »

Did that used to be The Hogshead?
    TA I can't remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Wouldnt be unheard of it myself,then cross the road and get last bus out

• Advertisement

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Did that used to be The Hogshead?
    TA I can't remember
    Used to be Nell’s ....

Anyway TA for me is when a thread like this gets all cliquey with blaas :pac:

Wouldnt be unheard of it myself,then cross the road and get last bus out
    There is a high probability that we might know each other to see then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Getting a text of a family member asking if I’d like their treadmill as they’ve no room for it. Hmm, to be insulted or grateful..
    The last one I had made a fine clothes horse

Used to be Nell’s ....

Anyway TA for me is when a thread like this gets all cliquey with blaas :pac:

Blaas rule :)

TA, wrecked tired and the night is young

Getting a text of a family member asking if I’d like their treadmill as they’ve no room for it. Hmm, to be insulted or grateful..
    So true. I have one here I’m trying to offload.
    TBH the biggest selling point is how many hangers of shirts that it might facilitate as opposed to its aerobic functionality !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Take it greatfully and then flog it on done deal :)
    What TA me this week was: I was in a branch of a well known hardware/homeware chain buying stuff.
    Every customer who was paying was asked by the cashier if they'd like to donate to the charity they were currently supporting.
    That carry on really annoys me.
    I feel its really unfair for the cashiers to be asked to do this as, let's face it, it's mostly annoying and awkward for customers.
    Then it's equally unfair to the customer to be asked to make a charitable donation while out buying hardware.
    The 3 people in my queue, including me said no anyway and to be honest, I'd be slow to go back to that specific chain again if I can avoid it.
    #cheekofyou

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was just tidying up and I spilled a half cold pot of tea everywhere. I'm having tea issues lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Not trivial but I'm sad so I'm going to put it here anyway. My marriage ending. Ten years she's been in my life. Feeling all sorts of sadness right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Not trivial but I'm sad so I'm going to put it here anyway. My marriage ending. Ten years she's been in my life. Feeling all sorts of sadness right now.
    Oh no Succs. We are here for you, chicken xxx

To thine own self be true

I was just tidying up and I spilled a half cold pot of tea everywhere. I'm having tea issues lately.
    Ya know man... we all have to reach rock bottom before we can grow as people. Stay strong my friend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

So sorry to hear that Cleo. Hope you get thru this ok.

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through Succubus,very tough situation, mind yourself xxx

I'm really only getting into online shopping for myself recently, I've only ever used it for the kids up to now, its getting out of hand already, I just went to make a beautician appointment now but couldn't find my card,I knew I had it last night because I bought a dress after going to bed,searched my bag,under the pillow, the floor etc but no sign of it,got out of bed and eventually found it at the end of the bed under the duvet..and I know what yer thinking but yer wrong, no wine involved just ridiculous retail therapy after shopping from 11am to 5.30pm yesterday with all purchases still in the boot of the car due to denial..anyone want to rob a bank with me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Its a thing you blow into that make an incredibly annoying noise

7f975249-9fb5-471f-a477-e265e410a492_1.9b68ed11bf31b5f6389bb482a56eb990.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

I thought you were going to show a picture of a man😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Mood right now:

D35-A6217-280-E-41-C4-8-F5-B-0982-DB1-B1-D3-D.jpg

My current TA is the above. Does anyone else feel overwhelmed these days with all the TV series and film suggestions coming their way? And so many people are SO passionate about their choices and so insistent. I don’t exactly say I’ll put them on a list but I find it hard to be blunt and say “I don’t know if I enough time and/or any interest in watching that”. But, to be blunt here, I take more seriously the suggestions of people who I know share my taste or at least overlap a lot. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to even watch a few episodes of everything suggested. We’re in a television golden age - people do need to pick and choose. It’s honestly making me anxious. :o

Another anxiety-inducing thing - being added to lots of large Whatsapp groups but that’s a rant for another day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

^^ Agree. I feel the same way. Books too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

decky1 wrote: »
    You know when your stopped at a traffic lights and nothing is coming either way and these people still press the button for the traffic lights then they stand there like goms,' CROSS THE ROAD WHEN THERE IS NOTHING COMING' YOU DON'T NEED THE SIGN ON THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS TO TELL YOU WHEN TO CROSS.'

Im deaf so thats why i wait.I wouldnt hear anything,until im on the bonnet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Was thinking about getting a fringe cut back into my hair for ages. Went to the hairdressers and got it done and now I’m not sure if I like it. Ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Was thinking about getting a fringe cut back into my hair for ages. Went to the hairdressers and got it done and now I’m not sure if I like it. Ffs :rolleyes:

A friend of mine did this recently and then decided she didn't like the fringe so just clips it back with nice hair clips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Ireland's got talent getting cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I decided a while back to have a big party and its for next weekend. Around 30 people have confirmed they're definitely going so far.

I don't want 30 people in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Being a hormonal annoying nag. Bf is ironing clothes to go out with work later and I’m like “hmm you don’t iron clothes to go out with me”. He got a haircut as well and I’m like “who are you trying to impress”, even though someone just has to ask me to call around for tea and I’m in the hairdressers getting my hair done for it

Weekend feels like the August Bank Holiday this weekend.
    I hate Bank Holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I hate Bank Holidays

What blasphemy is this???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying to organise the dog's cremation(ahead of time to avoid additional upset)
    Neither of the crematoria or vets will just send me the info, the one who has responded insists on 'talking it through'.

I only want an idea of the price!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

So sorry to hear that. Be strong :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement