Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Coworkers that need to be held by the hand through every task. Made worse that they are now training a new hire. god help the new person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The plastic lid type thing I put on the bowls I put in the microwave(instead of cling film) has disappeared again! that was replacement 6.
    They are not expensive to replace but how hard is it to say to self, that it might be someone else's and leave it when it was?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Idiots that "hate my job" but get involved with everything in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Coworkers that need to be held by the hand through every task. Made worse that they are now training a new hire. god help the new person.

The blind leading the blind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Went to the local coop today for a length of steel. What I wanted is 7.5 mtrs long. Asked a lad to cut it in half so I could put in the trailer. Another chap comes along and starts measuring it. His tape is short and I see him measuring to a mark and measuring the remainder. He does this twice. He then marks the centre and cuts it. The first lad then brings it out to me.
    What do I get? It's cut in 2 but one piece is shorter by over 4 inches. It wasn't going to cause any issues but to me cutting something in half should result in 2 pieces of equal length. Grrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

When you’re driving and the passenger beside you has their window down so low you think your ear is going to vibrate off your face

You're driving, your rules. Tell them to put up the window!! It is annoying though

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

razorblunt wrote: »
    Shopping for jocks.
    Why do people feel the need to open a packet of boxers? They (more often than not) show what they're like on the outside, they've not added pockets to them or anything. Just take the box and go to the counter.

Because sometimes what you see in the box is not what you get - I remember getting underwear in Penneys ages ago, and the box said size 10-12, or 12-14, or 14-16, or 16-18... You get my drift. I got home, took them out of the box, and they were indeed that size. Only the left hand side was one size, while the right hand side was a full size bigger. :/

Lesson learned (besides, I'd never wear underwear straight from the box!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Head melting technology updates that incapacitate vital functions!!! ...more than a trivial annoyance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I work in IT and there are people in there that are opposed to and moan when we bring in a faster, better technology to do the job.

One of them was going mental and I said if you are so against change what the hell are you doing in IT, the jaw hit the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Autecher wrote: »
    You mean you don't try them on before buying??

I do, i try on the ones that are already open. The warmer , the better.
    New Home wrote: »
    Because sometimes what you see in the box is not what you get - I remember getting underwear in Penneys ages ago, and the box said size 10-12, or 12-14, or 14-16, or 16-18... You get my drift. I got home, took them out of the box, and they were indeed that size. Only the left hand side was one size, while the right hand side was a full size bigger. :/

Lesson learned (besides, I'd never wear iunderwear straight from the box!)
    In that case just bring them back, no?
    I know there's no returns on underwear unless faulty and that falls into that category.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My underwear is a bit too snug today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There's a neighbourhood dog, he's old and moves about pretty slowly.
    He has parked himself at my front door the past few days with a raging horn on him. He's dying to try ride my dog.
    I tried taking her out for a walk last night and a decent pace, but the little f*cker managed to move faster than a hot snot and was trying to jump up on her back.

Ended up carrying my dog home to avoid her getting banged. She hasn't gotten her bits tied yet and the last thing we need in our zoo of a house is puppies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There's a neighbourhood dog, he's old and moves about pretty slowly.
    He has parked himself at my front door the past few days with a raging horn on him. He's dying to try ride my dog.
    I tried taking her out for a walk last night and a decent pace, but the little f*cker managed to move faster than a hot snot and was trying to jump up on her back.

Ended up carrying my dog home to avoid her getting banged. She hasn't gotten her bits tied yet and the last thing we need in our zoo of a house is puppies.

Ask your neighbours to keep their dog in as per the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I just had a fella to my house there to install something (oi oi) and as he was leaving he said “I’ll just use the bathroom before I leave” and I was like “yeah sure use the one upstairs because that one there has no toilet paper in it”. He looked at me like eh it’s not a big shlt I’m taking and said awkwardly, “yeah I just need to wash my hands...”. I don’t know why I thought he needed a number 2 :o I don’t know why I’m so embarrassed but I am

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Probs bought the wrong size. Open the pack in future to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I just had a fella to my house there to install something (oi oi) and as he was leaving he said “I’ll just use the bathroom before I leave” and I was like “yeah sure use the one upstairs because that one there has no toilet paper in it”. He looked at me like eh it’s not a big shlt I’m taking and said awkwardly, “yeah I just need to wash my hands...”. I don’t know why I thought he needed a number 2 :o I don’t know why I’m so embarrassed but I am

Oh God, I feel your pain. Sat at my desk snorting after reading that, co-workers think I'm mental :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

People who use food stuff/drinks in the office fridge knowing it belongs to somebody (me) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I opened the dishwasher to find the dishwasher tablet welded to the side of a plate and therefore most things in it not properly washed.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Like my just out of the wash jeans. 🙄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Oh God, I feel your pain. Sat at my desk snorting after reading that, co-workers think I'm mental :(
    Well, it depends on what you were snorting?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's his fault for saying he needed to use the bathroom instead of saying that he needed to wash his hand. So there.

Why can't I find flat navy shoes or sandals that don't kill me? Whhhhyyyyyyy????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

So so many bills and expenses right now, which is set to impede my saving for at least the next 3 months. I hate being an adult sometimes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People who are stink and don't wash themselves. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People asking, "any news?"

What am I supposed to say to this?

Hate it almost as much as, "what's the craic?"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ask your neighbours to keep their dog in as per the law.

And spay your dog. Also, if she's in heat at the moment, walking her is a really bad idea, you'll have every dog in the postcode trying to get at her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Hmmmm, looking at the posts on here today, this comes to mind:

grumpy_cat_meme_2_by_jinxxnixx-d5m15cj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who go on about their “packing tips and tricks” and hacks. I must be the only one who just lobs everything in the bag and hopes for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Slow burner cold. Been developing for at least a week now. Dry cough, scratchy throat, slight sniffles. Just won't hit me properly so I can just get it over with. FS.

• Advertisement

People who go on about their “packing tips and tricks” and hacks. I must be the only one who just lobs everything in the bag and hopes for the best

Once you start using the tips, you see the benefits :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement