Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Bit TA about the condemnation of people deemed to be panic buying.
    Who can judge who needs any particular item?
    If people stock up for a long quarantine they are protecting others by not having to keep going out for supplies.

I have a feeling someones going to be attacked for this sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

If true, that's blood boiling.
    Can't help but doubt the truth of it, though.

I would doubt it myself due to the pure scumbag you would have to be to do it but seems to be true. Can't remember where I read the trolley example but;
    Senator Máire Devine, who has re-registered as a nurse through the Call for Ireland recruitment drive, told the Seanad today that young people are still not paying heed to the warnings.
    She described an encounter with a group of 14 or 15 year olds hanging around outside a pharmacy.
    “They started playing tag with the older people and running away and shouting COVID-19,” she said.

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-emergency-legislation-5052749-Mar2020/

TA at the sheer terror I feel for my Grannys safety, in light of some of the stuff described above. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I saw a group of 4 teenagers yesterday evening when I went for a walk. 2 sitting in a trolley, one pushing it and the fourth walking alongside. This was nowhere near a supermarket either.

No social distancing, but I kept going as I was alone on a quiet road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Candie wrote: »
    TA at the sheer terror I feel for my Grannys safety, in light of some of the stuff described above. :(

Apologies, Candie, not my intention at all. I'm sure they are very isolated incidents. Hopefully some parents of wandering kids will read it and cop the f*ck on though.

• Advertisement

Shops and banks here are implementing special opening hours for older people only.

Can she have her shopping delivered? Better to be lonely and safe, than encounter scumbags who think they're being hilarious.

People like this really should be beaten up on the spot, just enough to keep them quiet, but not needing medical attention.

Shops and banks here are implementing special opening hours for older people only.

Can she have her shopping delivered? Better to be lonely and safe, than encounter scumbags who think they're being hilarious.

People like this really should be beaten up on the spot, just enough to keep them quiet, but not needing medical attention.

We have her set up, she's got one of my younger cousins living with her and the online shopping is sorted out. I know what she's like though, and it's going to be tough going convincing her she doesn't need to go out for months on end! :)

No, I'd leave them needing medical attention. Or an undertaker!

Usually I'd agree with them requiring medical attention, but medical staff are under enough pressure without lots bringing the infection into the hospital.

Older people lived through the TB epidemic, so I think they're less panicked about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The dog is on me and I need to top up my wine

LwOb9KU.jpg

Yes I’m still wearing reindeer pyjamas in March whatyagondoboutit

(And eating roses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

SAMTALK wrote: »
    What is about the elderly that they wont listen.

TA's at all the teens gathering and families out shopping. the very ones that will be shouting for lockdown and then whinging when it happens :mad:

My old dad was the same. No matter how bad things were he would never go to the doctors until my mam more or less dragged him in. Wouldn't get glasses either even though he was half blind.

Part of it I think is that they were reared on tough guys like John Wayne and Humprey Bogart and really bought into that macho stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Bit TA about the condemnation of people deemed to be panic buying.
    Who can judge who needs any particular item?
    If people stock up for a long quarantine they are protecting others by not having to keep going out for supplies.

I have a feeling someones going to be attacked for this sooner or later.

The faux outrage by celebs/randomers on twitter looking for likes is irritating as hell, like helen lovejoy "think of the..." christ id smack the hell of them...the indo is now getting in on it by posting pics of cars near a park...

Apologies, Candie, not my intention at all. I'm sure they are very isolated incidents. Hopefully some parents of wandering kids will read it and cop the f*ck on though.

Oh, I know :) It's just that cold fear in the heart of me every time I hear someone say '...older and other vulnerable people'. I adore my Gran and I just feel so helpless.

TA that I guess most of us have a situation like that to contend with in this new world of ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

Thread titles using Roman numerals. Notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Be right back

The dog is on me and I need to top up my wine

LwOb9KU.jpg

Yes I’m still wearing reindeer pyjamas in March whatyagondoboutit

(And eating roses)

Feel very sorry for you, Retro. Tough life you have!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Gal Gadot and her media hungry friends with their crap cover of Imagine.
    Couldn't help but think of this when I heard it...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Feel very sorry for you, Retro. Tough life you have!!

Tough work here on the frontline brb :pac:

@Retro - I love your dog!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I wouldn't let her leave the house without a cattleprod in her handbag. :mad::mad::mad:
    @Retro - I love your dog!
    Me too! And I love the fact that Duvet Day thanked her quoted post. Quite apt. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,837 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dr Holohan being called Dr Hoolihan by Lyric FM's newsreader multiple times today. He's only all over the news, get it right. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Putting memes up and they are funny and appropriate for the page.You always get some dry ****e moaning.Get off the page if it offends you.

Also most of the takeaways closing now,was gonna order something nice for Mothers Day on Sunday. Bah humbug.

• Advertisement

Tough work here on the frontline brb :pac:

Looks like it! Hope you were able to top up your glass..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Out walking the dog earlier on the beach. Not busy as you can imagine so let her run around all thrilled with herself, but would make sure to leash her if needed if there was a temperamental dog coming our way. Most dog walkers have that unwritten rule that if your dog is annoying their dog or vice versa, or wound up or whatever, you rein them in.

Then there were these two women with no less than four dogs off the lead running amok having the craic. They came within the vicinity of us and of course my little lady couldn't be calmed down in excitement. They were throwing a ball for their dogs to fetch, but of course Jessie got involved too and I just couldn't call her back to me amidst it all. Do you think the two women noticed the predicament, and perhaps refrained from throwing the ball until I got my dog under wraps? Did they f*ck. Instead, they kept throwing it oblivious to the fact that my dog kept running further and further away from me as I ran after her trying to get her on the lead.

Plonkers. Probably are men-haters who call their dogs "fur babies" too.

Out walking the dog earlier on the beach. Not busy as you can imagine so let her run around all thrilled with herself, but would make sure to leash her if needed if there was a temperamental dog coming our way. Most dog walkers have that unwritten rule that if your dog is annoying their dog or vice versa, or wound up or whatever, you rein them in.

Then there were these two women with no less than four dogs off the lead running amok having the craic. They came within the vicinity of us and of course my little lady couldn't be calmed down in excitement. They were throwing a ball for their dogs to fetch, but of course Jessie got involved too and I just couldn't call her back to me amidst it all. Do you think the two women noticed the predicament, and perhaps refrained from throwing the ball until I got my dog under wraps? Did they f*ck. Instead, they kept throwing it oblivious to the fact that my dog kept running further and further away from me as I ran after her trying to get her on the lead.

They had their fun and that's all that matters! Hate when people are so self involved.

TA feeling unwell but theres so much to do.

Behaviour like that is an instant blood boil. I'd firmly shout at them to hold off on that ball for a minute. You'd wonder if they'te just self absorbed or if there's something more serious wrong with them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Was down on bull island with my 6 year old last weekend looking at the birds and trying to identify them. I had recently given him an old digital camera to play with so he was trying to take some photos of a group of Brent geese. He was creeping up on them for a few minutes to get a good shot when a dog off the lead bound into the water and puts everyone of them to flight. Owners thought it was hilarious

My debit cards starting to give "chip errors" at the payment machines. Great time for it.

TA on hold

TA people describimg an item as a "piece". This is the most beautiful functional piece I own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Page jumps when scrolling through an interesting twitter feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My local council dump only accepts cash.
    Considering current state of things I may be a tad more than TA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Saw a gombeen at our local dump throw an old broken bucket into the 'garden waste' skip. It might be your old gardening bucket, but...

Also saw one lady drive up to the skip and stop about twelve feet away to stare at me slack-jawed. I think she thought I worked there. Then she started pulling bags out of the back seat and the boot to throw in the skip. Why didn't she reverse in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement