Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Candie wrote: »
    Hey, don't shoot the messenger! Its my nephews joke - he's 9!

TA at the quality of joke expected of a nine year old these days :D

Why aren't Koalas considered genuine bears?

The don't have the koalafications!

Ooohhh it gets worse ...

OJhA80Z.gif

You're only encouraging me, Ted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA when you’re looking at property listings and they half fill the bath for the photos.
    I just don’t.get the appeal of this, it’ll always look like someone’s used bath water.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Be right back

Anyone recommend a good hand cream? My hands are gone so dry from all the extra handwashing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,354 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Anyone recommend a good hand cream? My hands are gone so dry from all the extra handwashing.

Aldi have a really good Dupe for Neutrogena. Red cap, white tube, it contains glycerine. Put loads on and also try coconut oil. Cotton gloves or socks to help it absorb.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,187 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who turn the lights on in the middle of the day.
    The room can be bright, there aren't reading or doing anything and they insist of turning them on.
    Some of these people went off and got Dermot Bannon style extensions for the natural light and they still have the lights on all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Rang up a friend and had a proper pity party cry session...... Now I feel foolish.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Rang up a friend and had a proper pity party cry session...... Now I feel foolish.

We'll all be having them, we're in uncharted territories and all of us need to unload.

I'm emotional over long resolved events at the moment, there's no shame in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

My screen time weekly report... I'm a disgrace.

• Advertisement

TA all this handwashing is a disaster for hands alright.

Lipikar Xerand (La Roche Posay) is the BUSINESS. Its really light and non greasy so you can touch things immediately. I have had dry skin on my hands for years and especially around the cuticles and it cures them in about a day!! Its about €5 or €6 but well worth it. It also smells amazing, available in most pharmacies. Read online reviews about it!

Flexitol cuticle and nail cream is also amazing for very dry skin especially around the nails. FIxes dry skin in a day. You can get that in Amazon UK or some Boots.

In these times you need a hard working hand cream ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I'd like to hear more of your nephew's jokes. You can start a thread in the humour section :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My long time threatening sinus headache has landed, ppl keep asking me questions and expecting me to interact with them.
    If I dont, THEY get hissy.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The flies have returned.

Dirty, buzzy TAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

I’m new to this , so bear with me , don’t know if this has been covered but here goes,,,,,,
    Self proclaimed ‘celebrities ‘ using media/ social media to offer help support opinion or other stuff, but actually some really method of quelling their insecurities that no one is talking about them or referencing them, don’t know if you get my point but it cheeses me off !!!
    Example
    “ oh marvellous news that so and so is doing so well for whatever reason”
    Includes staged photo in amazing house dressed to the nines with kids sneachta and fuinneog immaculately turned out and , falafel and quinoa dishes in background
    Waits for comment.......
    Reply’s,,,,, oh so and so , thank you for your lovely thoughts, you look soooooooo amazing 🤮
    And on it goes

Is it just me 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Got nothing for Mothers Day,i know in this climate its a bit childish to be annoyed.But not even a bar of chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

people driving on the telly when they talk to the passenger, turn to them and take their eyes off the road for about 6 or more seconds at a time.
    They aren't really driving I know, but for some reason it still really boils my cabbage :mad:

Oh my God exactly! This has been bugging me for years but I never remember to post it. It unnerves me so much.

TA had hospital appointment today. One in/ one out policy and individuals asked to arrive at their designated time only. I arrived 90 seconds before mine. Clearly other people did not heed the instructions since there was an obvious backlog when I arrived. Had to sit with at least 10 others waiting and time ran out on the meter. Tried to top up by park text, couldnt remember reg. Got that, then no wifi, then battery died. Eventually saw a midwife who said baby is fine but I reckon I have aged about five years since this morning!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Teachers out on full pay again.
    Protected class in this country.
    I hate them.

They told me I would amount to nothing but I earn more than most of them. Im not however off with full pay.

Next time they are out protesting about pay I will be throwing jam jars full of poo at them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My right foot is killing me and I couldn't walk on it properly earlier down the park, also the amount of dog **** around the place, you'd have to keep your eyes glued to the ground just to make sure you don't step in it :mad:
    dubstarr wrote: »
    Got nothing for Mothers Day,i know in this climate its a bit childish to be annoyed.But not even a bar of chocolate

That's not very nice, not even wished a happy mother day? or a hug?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Next time they are out protesting about pay I will be throwing jam jars full of poo at them

Will it be your own poo? Why jars/how many, I don't think you've thought this through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Teachers out on full pay again.
    Protected class in this country.
    I hate them.

They told me I would amount to nothing but I earn more than most of them. Im not however off with full pay.

Have you a lot of jam jars or what ?

Have you a lot of poo ? Are you saving it up.....have you figured how much poo it takes to FILL a jam jar ?

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Will it be your own poo? Why jars/how many, I don't think you've thought this through.

43 jars. Lidless.
    Poo will be collected from cattle in field over the road.
    It will be a lot of work but anything worth doing isn't easy

Have you a lot of jam jars or what ?

Have you a lot of poo ? Are you saving it up.....have you figured how much poo it takes to FILL a jam jar ?

See above. Yes full size jars. Not the Mickey mouse ones you might see in a hotel pretending to be better than they really are

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That's not very nice, not even wished a happy mother day? or a hug?

My wife just got some homemade cards and a bit of love. There was no way I was letting kids into a shop for something as irrelevant as chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

dubstarr wrote: »

Here ya go dubstarr!
    Happy belated Mother's Day to you!

Screenshot-20200323-170902.jpg

Didn't get to see my own mother as she is in a home and had an awful day yesterday.
    She was vomiting all day.
    Was on the phone to her a couple of times and all she did was cry down the phone.
    Not good.
    My Th(ok, more than th to me) is that she's in great form today and when I told her I'll see her as soon as I can she said "do,it'd be nice to see you".
    I replied it'd be nice to see you too.
    She then goes (ala Bruce Forsyth) "Nice to see you,to see you nice" and start laughing.

Some relief to hear her back on form.

Edit: And I'm in the wrong thread once again :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    My wife just got some homemade cards and a bit of love. There was no way I was letting kids into a shop for something as irrelevant as chocolate.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K?!!! :mad::mad:

:pac:(Did you consult your Mrs about the relative importance of chocolate btw?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Be right back

Apparently people are queuing up to get McDonald's around the country. Social distancing?? What does that mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Apparently people are queuing up to get McDonald's around the country. Social distancing?? What does that mean?

The worst. I mean just to put it in perspective.

1) Factory worker somewhere puts polystyrene and cardboard packaging and sends to mickey d's head office.
    2) Head office sends supplies to local mickey drive-through
    3) infected staff members work their last day building mac mhórs for the white trash.
    3) The MAc Mhórs get placed into packages passing infection to the counter.
    4) The drive through checkout person contracts the virus from the mac mhór packages.
    5) The drive-through operator passes the infected mickey d's to the white trash clowns for some daily malnourishment with the added pickling of Covid virus, washed down with some diet cola infected by the big mac maker.
    6) See you in 14 days , and thanks for your cooperation.

Every white trash malnourished household in the country gets a MacVirus MAcCovid style.... without ice and without a gerkin or cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

At this point I have reluctantly accepted that many people are just stupid sheep beyond saving and I will maintain a more or less inevitable contempt for them for as long as I live. My real TA now is that the government and companies etc. are actually indulging these people in their stupidity by notifying them in advance when these things happen. Tell them Mc Donalds is going to close - they will all go the McDonalds. Tell them the schools are going to close - they all run out and panic buy toilet paper.

I reckon we should tell them that guided tours to the earth's core are soon to be stopped - we might at least get rid of some of them that way :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares35 wrote: »
    At this point I have reluctantly accepted that many people are just stupid sheep beyond saving and I will maintain a more or less inevitable contempt for them for as long as I live. My real TA now is that the government and companies etc. are actually indulging these people in their stupidity by notifying them in advance when these things happen. Tell them Mc Donalds is going to close - they will all go the McDonalds. Tell them the schools are going to close - they all run out and panic buy toilet paper.

I reckon we should tell them that guided tours to the earth's core are soon to be stopped - we might at least get rid of some of them that way :D

What core? Don't you know that the Earth is flat?:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement