Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I just want a bowl of soup for lunch. We have literally everything else in our house (both OH and I are at risk categories so have stocked up to avoid shopping), except soup. Not even a sachet of Cream of Vegetable from the 80's hidden in the back of the press. Nothing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Antares35 wrote: »
    I just want a bowl of soup for lunch. We have literally everything else in our house (both OH and I are at risk categories so have stocked up to avoid shopping), except soup. Not even a sachet of Cream of Vegetable from the 80's hidden in the back of the press. Nothing. :(
    Zots up your unused veggies and throw in a stock cube...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

This is supposed to be the year of:
    My wedding
    My first music festival
    My first distant, non UK, holiday

If you didn't laugh you'd cry :(

People who've lost jobs have more to deal with, total sympathy for them!

Also TA someone who I don't like and who must know I don't like him just sent me a Facebook friend request. People are strange.

When you’re peeling a boiled egg and the shell takes about half of the thing with it!

Have a path worn to the kitchen for chocolate digestives.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

My wedding
    My first music festival

People who've lost jobs have more to deal with, total sympathy for them!

Also TA someone who I don't like and who must know I don't like him just sent me a Facebook friend request. People are strange.

Getting married the same year as your first festival! What are you? A child bride?

TA that I'm not at home listening to records right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Have a path worn to the kitchen for chocolate digestives.:(
    I know your pain. Only job is to stop buying them for a bit. Easier to behave for ten minutes in the shop than for ten days in the kitchen.

iamstop wrote: »
    Getting married the same year as your first festival! What are you? A child bride?

TA that I'm not at home listening to records right now.

I just never attended a festival before. One of the bigger official ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Were you ever married before? Just wondering.:)

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Were you ever married before? Just wondering.:)

No. I was in a commited relationship and I refer to him as my ex husband but I wasn't legally wed to him.

• Advertisement

I attended my first festival at 35... and quite quickly realised why. If it makes you feel any better about missing it, I hated the experience. I wouldn't be surprised if they trace this whole thing back to a festival and not actually China lol :D

Ah no, hopefully it will all just be rescheduled - Glastonbury are allowing people to carry over their deposits so they automatically secure a spot for the next one. Hopefully they will all follow suit. When all of this is over, it will be something to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My wedding
    My first music festival

Tell me about it, I was all excited that 2020 would be the best year so far, graduating college, going out into the world and getting a proper job. But now I don’t know if I’ll have a graduation ceremony depending on how long this lasts, and if there’s a global recession I probably won’t be able to get a job :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I attended my first festival at 35... and quite quickly realised why. If it makes you feel any better about missing it, I hated the experience.

I was 18 for my first big single day fest and I think 25 for my first camping fest. I think there has only been a year or two where I haven't been to a decent size festival since (due to work/travel etc) and some years I've been to several.

Done right festivals can be immense craic altogether. You just need to be a little prepared is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Tell me about it, I was all excited that 2020 would be the best year so far, graduating college, going out into the world and getting a proper job. But now I don’t know if I’ll have a graduation ceremony depending on how long this lasts, and if there’s a global recession I probably won’t be able to get a job :(

You need to practise positive thinkin Kitt..of course you will be able to get a job!

And a Graduation CEREMONY....what is it with females and ceremonies ?

Most important thing is ...you graduated...congrats in advance !

Don't sweat the small stuff ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,915 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Mammy O'Rourke on Newstalk earlier extolling the delights of so-called "cocooning", like being in a warm duvet, supported by her large family and fat pension. Made me sick listening to the smugness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

You need to practise positive thinkin Kitt..of course you will be able to get a job!

And a Graduation CEREMONY....what is it with females and ceremonies ?

Most important thing is ...you graduated...congrats in advance !

Don't sweat the small stuff ...

Ah I don’t know, just wanted an excuse to get all dolled up I suppose, which is the most trivial of TA’s but there ya go :pac:

Thanks for the positivity, this is why I try not too think too far ahead, I start worrying about things that don’t need to be worried about

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Mammy O'Rourke on Newstalk earlier extolling the delights of so-called "cocooning", like being in a warm duvet, supported by her large family and fat pension. Made me sick listening to the smugness.

Glad I missed that one, the pressure inside my veins can stay normal a while longer.

F***ing internet connectivity is at a ragged all time bo**ix level recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

So glad I missed that .God Almighty there are so many stressing about not being with family and family needing them and all sorts of worries .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The amount of never-seen-before walkers being led along the paths by their little ball of fluff that hasn't seen the outside of the house in about 5 years. Yeah, well done, now try having control over your dog and walking it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

These times make people behave differently.

There's an (ex)customer of ours who I've been referring to as a, Fcuking Prick, lately and saying that I'm sick of him and have zero time for him. I was walking past his shop yesterday and saw that he was still open - I dropped in just to wish him well :p

• Advertisement

These times make people behave differently.

There's (ex)customer of ours who I've been referring to as a, Fcuking Prick, lately and saying that I'm sick of him and have zero time for him. I was walking past his shop yesterday and saw that he was still open - I dropped in just to wish him well :p

Yes. Now that you mention it, there's been some "reaching out" and reuniting in my world, too. I'm not going to forgive that one for doing nasty things even if he's the last survivor on earth. I dated him a few years ago and he threatened to share personal photos of me online. You can't trust people like that at the best of times. Petty disputes should dissolve now, though. Differences needn't be a wedge between people anymore.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Ah I don’t know, just wanted an excuse to get all dolled up I suppose, which is the most trivial of TA’s but there ya go :pac:

Thanks for the positivity, this is why I try not too think too far ahead, I start worrying about things that don’t need to be worried about

Ah I hear you. Graduation was one of the best days of my life. After all the hard work, it's nice to have the bells and whistles. In the same way that many people celebrate their weddings even though technically the legal part can be done in 2 minutes with only a witness or two.

Who knows, maybe pressing the "reset" button will give us all an opportunity to be innovative and work in areas that we never thought about before. It is scary though.

TA other half is working from home also. It's working out great - we "meet for lunch" and convene in the evenings when we are both finished but otherwise leave each other alone except... he finishes at 4 whereas I finish at 5, and he seems to think that hour can be spent in my room chatting etc. Noooo, go away during my most productive hour. Need a do not disturb sign on my door :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

People who put milk in their beverages the wrong way round imo.
    Coffee milk first .
    Tea milk last, always.
    God I'm bored :(

Probably far from trivial but I need to get this off my chest! Been dipping in and out (and trying to keep up with) one of the Covid threads. I know the situation is dire, I know it is unprecedented and everyone (me included) is scared and there is great uncertainty about the future. But it seems like there are so many people willing to shut down any sliver of good news at all costs. Every post I have seen that has been remotely positive has been shut down. Hope is such an important thing at times like this and it doesn't mean we are discrediting the truth or hiding from reality, just trying to see a positive where we can.

Someone said Ireland was only 32nd worst in terms of stats and then straight away someone else said "oh well we are much worse if you take out the little fecky countries" (my words not theirs :D). Reminds me of that Dara O' Briain video about alternative medicine and he mentions how zombies are at an all time low and there will still be some f*cker who shouts "yes but the fear of zombies is rising".

I don't know, maybe the fear is getting to me, but some people come across as f*cking misery merchants who actually thrive when things look bleak :mad:

Sorry. I feel so much better now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Bredabe

For the millionth time I'm trying to teach myself MS Access, freaking headwrecking.
    If it was in a foregin language I would get a better grasp of it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The LUSH shop's solid soap in the shape of a bottle of shampoo looks so nice until its used. Like any solid soap it just looks slimy and horrible, reminds me of someone actually...

Using a laptop and desktop at the same time, and the mouse keeps stalling when I try to drag it from one screen to the other :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

The amount of never-seen-before walkers being led along the paths by their little ball of fluff that hasn't seen the outside of the house in about 5 years. Yeah, well done, now try having control over your dog and walking it every day.

I was out out on St Patrick's Day and have never seen so many bichon frises and dog ****. If you're not in the habit of taking your little darlings out for a walk there are rules to abide by, like cleaning up after them.

TA Easter will probably be cancelled. Jesus will be self isolating in that cave. No resurrection for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The LUSH shop's solid soap in the shape of a bottle of shampoo looks so nice until its used. Like any solid soap it just looks slimy and horrible, reminds me of someone actually...

There sales assistants are worse! The most overpowering one's I've encountered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement